Scared to play Bioshock 2

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Hell, I loved Bioshock 2 more than I loved Bioshock. For one, you didn't have to play the swap hands game from part 1. Also, the gathers were fun, especially with the array of traps they gave you. I also thought the storyline was good. Not as good as part 1, but very good nonetheless

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it's more of the same, there isn't the same sort of magic, but hey you got the game already, pop it in and try it out for yourself.

foxlovingfreak

Sep 9, 2009
theevilgenius60 said:
Hell, I loved Bioshock 2 more than I loved Bioshock. For one, you didn't have to play the swap hands game from part 1. Also, the gathers were fun, especially with the array of traps they gave you. I also thought the storyline was good. Not as good as part 1, but very good nonetheless
this is more or less my opioin as well. I liked some of the new enemy types such as the brute splicer and the big daddy that would thorw out turrents to support itself in battel. there were some prety instrsting auduo logs with andrew ryan and sophia lamb and it was fun to vist fontain's company that was obly metionied in bioshock one. at the end of the day you'll eitther really like it or hate it completly.

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
It didn't really deserve the flak it got. It's a perfectly fine game which I enjoyed immensely. It has its faults, but which game doesn't?
And it doesn't quite match up to its predecessor, but hell, the difference is nowhere near the level of say Deus Ex 2 vs 1.

Play it, it's a blast.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
As many above have said, Bioshock 2 is great and I loved it. The weapons and plasmid system is way better. An example: instead of a little revolver you have a rivet gun like the rosies from bioshock 1, instead of a tommy gun you have a huge gattling gun, instead of a crossbow you have a spear gun that shoots huge, unbreakable steel spears that can pin splicers to walls! As for plasmids, in bioshock 1 whenever you upgraded plasmids it was just the same plasmid with a bit more kick. In Bioshock 2 you can do a little more specialization with plasmids (and weapons). Almost every plasmid has 2 evolved forms that you can pick and choose from depending on which ones you like more. Like winter blast 2 allows you to freeze enemies in a solid ice block with a charged blast and it's awesome.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
The stories not as good as the first but the gameplays alot more streamlined. Sofia Lambs voice may jar you abit though, especially after the velvety goodness that is Andrew Ryan.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Ahh go for it. I had fun playing through it like 4 times. I really liked playing through it dumping all the ADAM into the electro-bolt and telekenesis plasmids just so I could pretend to be a Sith Lord in high tech armor.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
Don't. It is bioshock in name and visuals only. It does not represent the soul of that game

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
It's not a bad game, but it helps if you don't think of it as a BioShock sequel. Consider it a spinoff - same universe, but not really associated with the first. Oh, and ignore the multiplayer.

Ratlover

Jul 17, 2011
Alright game but pointless. Pretty much wrapped everything up in the first game and there was no reason to go back to Rapture. Really should of had Ryan survive and had you just kill Frank. For my money though, I want to play the new one because thats what the second one should of been. Bioshock 2: The Search for More Money.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Psychophante said:
There is no point, IMO, in the existence of Bioshock 2.
Except money. Or money. Although, having thought about it, it may have something to do with money.

EDIT: On second thoughts, stop being a pussy and just play it. My hatred of the second in no way deminished my sheer unbridled love of Bioshock.
I agree, Bioshock 2 might not be an amazing sequel, but it doesn't diminish the impact of the first game in any way.

Unlike Final Fantasy X-2. That game SOMEHOW actually makes the original worse, simply by existing.

Bioshock 2 is a fine game, it's just not the ultra-mega-hit that the first one was.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
It was much better than Bioshock 1. Ok, it wasn't really needed, but it was still nice. Ignore what zp said, because it doesn't release poison gas or flesh eating beetles.

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
Well, it's full of plotholes and ruins the very idea for the Big Daddies, but the gameplay is fun so play it and ignore the story. It's a good game, but a horrible Bioshock game.

GD_Elite

Mar 14, 2011
Definately play it, It is still an accpetable game, but the fact that the story isn't as good as the origonal doesn't tarnish how good the first game was in mind. I also enjoyed playing the multiplayer on this game, it definately feels like a Bioshock multiplayer should.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Not sure if you should play it directly after the first; I bought it and traded it in cause it was the same, but less enveloping. I bought it on the cheap a year later, without the high expectations, it was pretty kool.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Like anything, the sequel suffers from being more of the same. The first time you experience BioShock it is quite exciting. After that, while the sequel is still great, you will feel like you've done this before.