Scenes better than the movie they were in

Sep 14, 2009
Ten Foot Bunny said:
This was bound to happen sooner or later...

"You can't piss on hospitality!"

oh damnnnnnnnnnnnnn, how did I forget about this!

every.single.person. I've met or talked to about this movie thought for sure he was gonna whip that kid with the belt the first time they saw it. Laughed way too hard when he just tightened it.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Silentpony said:
The Klendathu Drop Massacre from Starship Troopers. Nothing screams popcorn munching happiness than young 20-somethings running headlong into the jaws of monstrous insect aliens and getting their legs chopped off before being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the darkness, begging for help, to be slowly devoured while their compadres fight on in blissful disregard.
That scene is so memorable I'm almost certain it was the inspiration for The First Order's village assault at the start of The Force Awakens.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Happyninja42 said:
I rewatched Starship Troopers this weekend, and although I wasn't wrong that Ms. Richards wears a shirt waaayyy too much, it's a damn fine movie.

I had completely forgotten the Score of Klendathu. The juxtaposition of the Reporter droning on and on, and then BAM! DAAAAAAAN! DAAN DAN DAAAAAAN! while the MI scream and run into the drop-ships.

OH MAN!

I don't even want to be eviscerated by a 8-foot tall sand scorpion, and I'd sign up for the Mobile Infantry after watching that.

In fact, I think there needs to be a Starship Troopers Movies appreciation thread.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Cooperblack said:
The opening of saving private ryan - the rest of the film (after Omaha beach) is mediocre at best.
I'm not so sure if that'd count or not, since that's the first third or so of the film. Overall I do agree though.

EDIT: Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band the album is one of the greatest albums of all time. Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band the film is a terrible trash film, and even though I could only make it through fifteen minutes of the damn thing before my eyes & ears started bleeding profusely (causing me to quit), I feel confident in saying that the rest of it is as well. Save for one part, where Sergeant Pepper drops dead.
'Hey, that was about ten seconds of film and as such doesn't count as as a scene' you say? Peter Frampton & the Bee Gees covers of Beatles classics is legally music somehow, so I don't care.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
Tree of Life is a film I despise for countless reasons that don't need to be mentioned, but I enjoyed the screensaver space scenes.

The scene of Morpheus fighting on the truck in Matrix Reloaded and Trinity riding the motorbike in Matrix Reloaded were simply amazing and the rest of the movie is sadly inferior to the first one.

I enjoyed the fight between Loki and Thor where they fake a Star Wars dismemberment in The Dark World. I at shocked at first and I thought, wow are they really doing that?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Okay, I know its a dying thread, but I fully blame if for getting me hooked on Starship Troopers again. I've watched it like...7 times in the last two weeks.

And I have another scene to add, which is oddly, the other major battle scene. The Defense of Whiskey Outpost on Planet P, specifcally the part where Michael Ironside order the remaining Roughnecks back into the compound and yells "Hold here! Hold what you got!" and the music comes in BAAM BAAM BAAM BAAAAAMMMM!

Oh man. I don't know why(maybe I'm human biased and need to check my bipedal privilege), but my heart flutters every time, and I'm a very jaded and bitter person. And I'm smiling like...I dunno, a puppy getting tummy rubs.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Remember the first scene wherein Batman does the Batman thing on the docks in Batman Begins? That is the one and only scene in the entire Nolan trilogy that I would point to as a good example of what Batman should be like. I'm not saying two of those are bad movies, I'm just saying that as Batman movies I did not like any of them very much.

I like the song Night Surgeon from Repo the Genetic Opera. I don't even remember if that song was in the film itself but I like that one song. The film itself is tonally broken: I love the aesthetic and the themes but there's more camp and cheese in the thing than in the Schumaker Batman movies. Also Handsome Jack is in it apparently.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Kinda late to the party, I think, I don't care, I just thoughta one.

The ending of Predator 2.

Let it be known I like Predator 2, completely ironically, it's totally hilarious and stupid but I enjoy it. I thought it was awesome when I was a kid and now I find it awesome for totally different reasons.

Anyway.

Danny Glover starts things off with "Who's next?" He fought a Predator up and down Los Angeles and all the back to it's ship and won only to be met with an entire clan of these things. He doesn't break down, he doesn't start fighting again, he just sasses them and there's something great about that.

But instead of taking him out, they cart off their dead brother and the head of the clan gives the prey turned predator a revolutionary-era pistol, a sign of respect for game that could defeat one of their own.

This was the first time it was shown in the movies that the Predators, as well as being galactic hunters, were an honor bound warrior race as well; if you were tough enough they would not only spare you but you could earn their respect as well and I always thought that was pretty cool.

Faaip

Move Along
Jan 4, 2009
Here's one from Dracula: Dead and Loving it.. not a great movie, but I think this scene is hilarious

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Scarim Coral said:
This from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-

This has got to be the only time that we ever see a softer side to Ralph and aswell a genuine love and respect for his brothers.

Well ok yes there was that small scene from the 2014 cartoon when he had a heart to heart moment with Mikey about him not having a friend and as well that other than he deliberately exaggerated Donnie involvement to April to make him even more impressive.

Still I think this is the first version of Ralph to have this opening/ reconcile moment with his bothers.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ralph but I never get the reason to his temper other than being the angry but badass of the group character archtype.
I though the new movie was done well for the most part, and I can't wait to see the sequel.

Here's mine: <spoiler= Bison Remember's Teusday>
The best scene in this boring movie. Raul Julia & the guy who played Zangief are the only good things about this movie.

The Tekken clip speaks for itself.

Star Wars III. I like this movie, it still has a bunch of problems, but at least the final movie of the prequel trilogy wasn't boring like the other 2 previous movies. These scenes didn't make feel annoyed, bored, and actual made feel sad in the way is supposed to. For the most part.

<spoiler=You Were The Chosen One>
<spoiler=Order 66>
<spoiler=Anakin Becomes Vader>