School shooting at Texas Elementary school, several children reported dead

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Republicans: "These are our weapons of freedom! The jack-booted thugs won't come after us while we've got these!"
Murderer: "Good to know!" (kills a bunch of children while the police are too afraid to stop him)
Republicans: (surprised Pikachu face)
Also Republicans: "We should give teachers guns, that will stop any future school shooters!"

(Heavily Armed Cops cowardly flee from gun fire and hide for 50 minutes waiting for an opportunity)

Me: And you think a random teacher with a pistol can make a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Also Republicans: "We should give teachers guns, that will stop any future school shooters!"

(Heavily Armed Cops cowardly flee from gun fire and hide for 50 minutes waiting for an opportunity)

Burly men with Punisher tattoos shouldn't be expected to put their lives on the line for your kids! That's a job for 56-year-old Mrs. Stephenson!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Burly men with Punisher tattoos shouldn't be expected to put their lives on the line for your kids! That's a job for 56-year-old Mrs. Stephenson!
Mrs Stephenson is a commie groomer teaching these children CRT and gender ideology, and we trust her with firearms completely

Reactions: Samtemdo8

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Mrs Stephenson is a commie groomer teaching these children CRT and gender ideology, and we trust her with firearms completely
I, for one, hope that the right keep marketing gun to the 'CRT and gender ideology' peeps. I cannot see anything going wrong with that plan

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
dark plot twist - punisher phone guy was looking at text from his dying wife. This is the guy the other slime-bag officers restrained and disarmed.

Last edited:

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
dark plot twist - punisher phone guy was looking at text from his dying wife. This is the guy the other slime-bag officers restrained and disarmed.

Well that does hit a bit different. While cops using the Punisher logo is still bad, legit sorry for this officer and what happened.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America

A random teacher with a pistol could very conceivably have done better than that, to be fair.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
People need to see everything that happened without any bias or filtering/editing.
Only because it makes the police look terrible (which they were). It seems like the opposite is true regarding every other shooting.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
?
People DON'T need to see everything? Or the police aren't terrible in every other shooting?
The first one. I'm saying people are going on about how we need to see everything and all that needs to be available because this shooting is notable in exactly how terrible the police were. Other shootings tend to go the other way.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Most proponents of having teachers have a gun is merely allowing the teachers that want to carry a gun carry a gun. It's not arming teachers that don't want to.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The first one. I'm saying people are going on about how we need to see everything and all that needs to be available because this shooting is notable in exactly how terrible the police were. Other shootings tend to go the other way.
Right, but these situations are more likely to go into the bad territory if nobody can check the cops' behaviour.

And you can argue that authority figures should be the ones to make that call, and therefore the public have no need... but those authority figures have shown themselves to be either incompetent or complicit.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Most proponents of having teachers have a gun is merely allowing the teachers that want to carry a gun carry a gun. It's not arming teachers that don't want to.
And when a job interview involves the question "would you be willing to carry a firearm to protect the students"? Or when you end up ostracized as the only teacher not willing to carry at a school? Or when the unfortunate event actually happens and you are one of the few not carrying?

Allowing teachers to carry is a way to shame or create doubt around the ones not willing to do so, much in the same way as teachers are widely expected to pay out of pocket for a range of school supplies. It will end up becoming common practice, despite the claims that it is voluntary.

Reactions: Cicada 5

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
It will end up becoming common practice, despite the claims that it is voluntary.
Which of course is the point. The idea of arming teachers isn't about protecting students. It's about selling more guns. That's what every pro-massacre Republican really means when they offer their "ideas" to avoid talking about gun control. It's always about selling more guns. Massacres are just one of the acceptable costs of doing business.

Reactions: Cicada 5

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Which of course is the point. The idea of arming teachers isn't about protecting students. It's about selling more guns. That's what every pro-massacre Republican really means when they offer their "ideas" to avoid talking about gun control. It's always about selling more guns. Massacres are just one of the acceptable costs of doing business.
I they're just trying to stay consistent to their ideas, they have to keep pushing more gun = more safety (even when it obviously doesn't) otherwise they would have to admit they were wrong, and that's worse than dead children for some reason.

Ultimately polarization will always lead to the two group having radically oppose view on everything, it doesn't matter what the good position is. If one group stand for good idea, the other will stand for the bad one because otherwise they have to accept the other side is right and they'd lose their reason to exist.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
I don't actually think it is about money, at least not in terms of selling weapons, I think it is about blame.

Once you insist that educators, someone the right has already painted as an enemy, be armed you can turn them into part of the problem.

"The teacher never practiced with his firearm"
"The teacher didn't bring her pistol that day"
"The teacher failed to rush into the classroom"
"The teacher was unwilling to take a shot at the perpetrator"
"The teacher was part of the group that refuses to carry"

Suddenly you can place a larger part of the responsibility on the teachers.

The economical concern that might be involved is that licensing, training, and acquisition of firearms might eat into school budgets making it harder to perform the central task of the schools, a task the republicans have showed themselves to be opposed to.