Schuyler's Five Favorites of 2011

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
No Skyrim? KILL THE HERETIC!

(Just kidding. It was kind of refreshing not to be beaten over the head with it for once.)

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
hurrah! More votes for inFamous 2
(everyone needs to play this game... now!)

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
The list's backwards! I'm so confused!
Nice list, once again it's nice to see a list without Skyrim, even if that's my favourite game.
It's interesting that you liked the moral choices in inFAMOUS 2 so much, I found them to be the worst part of the game, at least compared to the first one. They had no depth to me, it felt like the devs wanted to shoehorn in the moral ambiguity of the first game without putting any real effort into it. You either do bad stuff for the sake of being bad or good stuff for the sake of being good, most of the time there's no reason for it. And the ending is one of my examples of the epitome of save the baby/eat the baby, which was horribly handled in every way.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Didn't Minecraft come out last year. I know the 'offical' release was just a month or so ago, but it still seems odd to have it on a list for games released in 2011. Doesn't really matter though I suppose. To each their own. Otherwise, a good list. Been meaning to play Infamous 2 for a while now. Nice to see Saints Row 3 get some love as well.

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
Formica Archonis said:

(Just kidding. It was kind of refreshing not to be beaten over the head with it for once.)
...awwww *puts away torch*

Nah I'm relieved too, skyrim is great but comon guys...you can't all seriously think it's the best game of the year. What happened to diversification?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Great list. Infamous 2 could always use some more love. It's semi-sequel, Festival of Blood, was also surprisingly and unexpectedly fun. Bastion, Minecraft, and Saints? Yeah. Those are some great games right there. Can't speak to Dead Island, though.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Good to hear Gavin's Minecraft song in the background there. ;D Bastion seems to have seriously struck a chord with the Escapist editors. I'm rather glad; it certainly deserves it. It was one of my favourite games of the year too.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Good list, good list. Bastion was amazing though I have to say I got bored of minecraft after a while. The politics on my friend's server went too far.

The burning of penis man marked the day I left that server.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
If you had played Saints Row 2, you probably wouldn't have liked 3 as much. They're mostly the same, it's just that 2 was a much more generous game with a lot more to do, see, and play with.
Tempest13 said:
Formica Archonis said:

...awwww *puts away torch*

Nah I'm relieved too, skyrim is great but comon guys...you can't all seriously think it's the best game of the year. What happened to diversification?
Yea, I know the escapist is probably a relatively small office where all the same people play the same games but they don't need to make it sound like that.