Schwarzenegger Drops Terminator, Governator Projects Indefinitely

rickthetrick

Jun 19, 2009
Thank god! I couldn't care less about his personal life, because it is his "personal life",but I think we dodged a crap bullet here people. I mean seriously, who wants ahnold in another terminator? Who wants another terminator period? They just keep getting worse. At this point it'd be more entertaining to actually have to survive a robot apocalypse.

Ashkorne

May 21, 2011
Quite frankly there ARE people who will be put off by his behaviour. It's maybe *acceptable* that he played hide the sausage once or twice, but it becomes a real issue when you're asked to accept a FOURTEEN YEAR affair that has produced a 10yr old child. All from a guy that heavily promotes his Family Man image.

I personally couldn't care in this instance, but something like Mel Gibson's shenanigans HAVE put me off even rewatching his earlier stuff. The same could be said for others and Arnold.

It does have an effect.

(LK)

Mar 4, 2010

The Governator's lecherous lifestyle has caused him to renege on the idea that he'd "be back" after all.

Shwarzrenegger?

Zolem

Jul 28, 2008
Well I was actually looking forward to the Governator; it looked like a 'so bad it's good' or 'it's a super-story lets do whatever the hell we want' type of show. Still, I agree with the choice to cancel it. While I won't hold the man's politics against him, everyone can have their own opinion on what they feel is best for the government to do, I can hold his personal choices against him. As a religious person, I have a strong moral core and find his actions deplorable. Now I don't even want to watch any of the old movies with him in it. I'll probably forgive him later, at least enough to watch the old stuff, but I think he's done.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
I'll never understand this repugnant obsession with what consenting adults get up to in the bedroom in private.

...Guess he'll need to take up a hobby with all that free time on his hands. How about gaming [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.148564-Neutral-Drow-reviews-Little-My-Maid], Arnold?

TMZ reports that all of the entities behind Governator have "chosen to not go forward." They wouldn't say if the series was entirely cancelled or not, but considering how the series follows the contrast between Schwarzengger's wholesome family life and his secret superhero life, it's now a tough sell.
I'd have through it'd sell considerably better now there's a satiric dimension to it as well. God knows something sounding as preposterously selfgrandiose as that could really need it.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
HankMan said:
Looks like the Governator's return to acting has suffered a Total Recall
Using a kid as an excuse is just a Kindergarten cop-out :]

Nice one Arny, you've angered the fans and your family - better get running, man.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Ghengis John said:
Schwarzenegger had planned to star in properties such as a new Terminator film and a superhero cartoon/comic book called Governator. Unfortunately, a wrench was recently thrown in the works when it was revealed that he fathered a love child while married to current wife Maria Shriver. The two have separated over the scandal.
Wow Arnie, way to go out on a high note.

Wolfenbarg said:
Oh come on! Yeah, it might put a damper on that hilariously stupid Governator idea, but you're going to stop acting over one harmless skeleton in your closet? This isn't a Mel Gibson deal where you've been revealed to be a batshit monster behind closed doors, this is a scenario dozens of other celebrities, politicians, world leaders, and whatnot go through. Most of us aren't going to decide against a Terminator film because of secret love affairs. In short, your love affairs are your business, the entertainment ones are ours. And we want more Arnold.
How is this not worse than Mel Gibson? Mel held an opinion that could reasonably be explained as "he'd taken a lot of flak for passion of the christ." Meanwhile you can stack that against adultery and a hidden, illegitimate child. You're saying words speak louder than actions. For most people, that's just not so.
His instances of being an anti-Semite weren't my issue, my issue was his vocal verbal abuse of his wife. Seemed rather indicative of a very serious personal problem that they were going through. You don't get ragey and act as vicious as he was doing behind closed doors for no reason. But fathering a secret love child? Doesn't hold a candle to abuse.

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
Arnie! No! Don't do this, don't let them do this. Who cares about some measly lovechild? The world needs...no.....DEMANDS! The Governator,

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Wolfenbarg said:
His instances of being an anti-Semite weren't my issue, my issue was his vocal verbal abuse of his wife. Seemed rather indicative of a very serious personal problem that they were going through. You don't get ragey and act as vicious as he was doing behind closed doors for no reason. But fathering a secret love child? Doesn't hold a candle to abuse.
What? He didn't hurt his wife by doing this? He didn't lie to her for 13 years? He made a fool of her in front of the world. Meanwhile Met's wife always had the option to leave. (wooo verbal abuse? please.) What Arnie did was worse. If this kid wasn't 13 years old I might agree with you. As it stands his actions are pretty reprehensible. For that matter, some things are wrong no matter how many people do them. It doesn't make a shred of difference if 100 world leaders are into cheating on their wives, it's still wrong. And since when did we use politicians as our moral barometer? What a joke.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Ghengis John said:
Wolfenbarg said:
What? He didn't hurt his wife by doing this? He didn't lie to her for 13 years? He made a fool of her in front of the world. Meanwhile Met's wife always had the option to leave. (wooo verbal abuse? please.) What Arnie did was worse. If this kid wasn't 13 years old I might agree with you. As it stands his actions are pretty reprehensible. For that matter, some things are wrong no matter how many people do them. It doesn't make a shred of difference if 100 world leaders are into cheating on their wives, it's still wrong. And since when did we use politicians as our moral barometer? What a joke.
Adultery is not a freaking crime. He wasn't abusing her, bloodying her up, or leaving her absolutely vile messages that were leaked to the public. If that is the situation, why should it indefinitely delay his return to acting when so many people are looking forward to it? Are people really going to be pushed away by something so harmless? Governator being cancelled makes perfect sense, as his acts behind closed doors ruin the credibility of that show, but no projects ever? That's ridiculous.

I'm sure his wife was hurt, and I don't excuse his actions, but I'm not invested in the personal lives of every actor I enjoy on screen. If I was, it would be impossible to differentiate the experience of the story they're a part of and the real world, and the films would have no point. If he wants to entertain people, a non-criminal affair is none of my business in relation to that.

Auxiliary

Feb 20, 2011
He is rich, succesful and he cheated... Usual stuff. I want another bad terminator movie, boo hoo.

DesertMummy

Jan 6, 2011
Good, I hope this man's career is destroyed over this. Everyone who says that it shouldn't affect his professional career, and how a lot of people do it and its not a big deal, I think that if someone cheats on their spouse, they don't deserve anything besides a boot to the face. If you are adulterer, then you shouldn't be able to sit on a throne made of money. Also, so what if its not a new thing, it is still a bad thing. And not just a bad thing, this is one of the worst things next to, like shooting a nun in the face, or cloning Hitler.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
if controversial private lives impacted one's career as severely as arnie seems to think, then half the actors in hollywood would be unemployed. charlie sheen's insanity doesnt seem to stop him from appearing in 2 1/2 men, arnie should know his acting career would do just fine with or without scandal.

granted, he might be putting his projects on hold because he personally doesnt feel like involving himself with them at the moment, which is perfectly reasonable. just hope it isnt because he forsees financial failure, cause id imagine hed need work after losing half his stuff in divorce.

Alphalpha

Jan 11, 2010
The Rogue Wolf said:
Smiles said:
while those sound cool, isn't he kinda old to be doing that sort of thing?
Well, he's young enough to be fathering love children while married to a not-unattractive woman, so make of that what you will.

Anyway, I suppose this is all for the best. Not only was that cartoon unbearably uninspired, but the Terminator franchise was kicked in the groin by T3 and then shot in the head by Salvation, so maybe (as with The Matrix) we should all just agree that the last two movies never happened and the line needs no more follow-ups.
Don't forget the last Indiana Jones movie and the Star Wars prequels! This is exactly what I've been doing in response to Hollywood's slew of decade-after sequel/prequels, because they're not very good.

To anyone who finds an artist's personal life to be sufficient reason to avoid their work, great art is not often created by perfectly sane, 'wholesome' people. Shockingly, being fabulously wealthy and worshiped as a living god does not mitigate this trend.