Schwarzenegger's Movie Kills Tallied in Epic Video

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Schwarzenegger's Movie Kills Tallied in Epic Video

Arnold Schwarzenegger has pretend killed more than 500 people over the course of his movie career.

While we worry about Arnold Schwarzenegger's continued insistence on being in movies and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125492-Terminator-Reboot-Coming-in-June-2015>the chance that he might ruin films that already have dubious odds of success, there's no denying that even in the twilight of his heyday the man was probably the best in the business when it came to pretend killing people. How good you ask? According to a recent YouTube video, from classics like Conan the Barbarian and The Terminator to more recent ventures like The Expendables 2 and The Last Stand, Schwarzenegger's film-based kill count includes 509 people, robots and aliens.

Said video, the creation of YouTuber Auralanuts, tallied these kills up in a half hour compilation that combines the actor's decades of faux violence into a video that, quite frankly, is more than a bit glorious for those of us who grew up on Arnold's films. It even goes so far as to give a final breakdown of all the deaths. Firearms, not surprisingly, rank at the top with 278 kills, with explosions coming in second (91) and blades coming in third (60).

Now, on some level we know we probably shouldn't be celebrating such wanton slaughter, <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo>even in movies. That said, you can't ignore that Schwarzenegger, despite being kind of a jerk in real life, is pretty much the biggest (and best dagnabbit!) action star to ever grace the silver screen. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go relive my desensitized youth and watch Commando.

Source: <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6jpTaOYMU#t>YouTube

xptn40S

Jan 11, 2011
That was a fun watch, but I'm kinda wondering why whoever made this counted suicides as kills (Terminator 2 & 3, End of Days).

And to further nitpick a bit (because I like doing that):

StewShearer said:
Schwarzenegger's film based kill count includes 509 people.
It may be slightly disingenuous to say that the list consists of 509 people when a small part of what makes up that number consists of animals (and liquid killer robots......and at least one alien).

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
That was way more entertaining than it had any right to be. This is why there will never be another decade for action movies like the 80s.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
xptn40S said:
That was a fun watch, but I'm kinda wondering why whoever made this counted suicides as kills (Terminator 2 & 3, End of Days).

StewShearer said:
It may be slightly disingenuous to say that the list consists of 509 people when a small part of what makes up that number consists of animals (and liquid killer robots......and at least one alien).
Sigh... since you have a point and all, I adjusted the wording a little bit. Can I get back to Commando now?

xptn40S

Jan 11, 2011
StewShearer said:
xptn40S said:

StewShearer said:
Sigh... since you have a point and all, I adjusted the wording a little bit. Can I get back to Commando now?
Well, you kinda forgot to mention the animal-kills, but okay. :>

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
That video was truly glorious and if it weren't for my break ending I'd have watched the lot. Does it negate the need to watch the actual films, though? Not much to watch in most of them if not the violence.

Well, I suppose there's the filler violence where no-one's actually dying. And the partial nudity. And the great acting.

StewShearer said:
Can I get back to Commando now?
Wrong. To hell with you! I think you should stick around. Chill out. Let off some steam. Otherwise you'll be dead tired. I'm not shitting on you.

I'll be back.

I lied. I need a vacation. Hasta la vista, baby.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
xptn40S said:

StewShearer said:
Yeah, I was wondering about counting the suicides like the Predator. Plus that list may have to be tweaked since its a list of people, animals, aliens, robots, and what-have-you Arnold has killed. ^^;

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Ah, Schwarzenegger! A movie star with a higher body count than any 80s slasher villain.

Although, some of those kills are debatable IMO and not the just the suicides in Predator and T2. A good example would be the imagined death of Bill Paxton in True Lies.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I never noticed before- but I think Golden Axe borrowed the sound of kill #21...

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
Mr. Q said:
Ah, Schwarzenegger! A movie star with a higher body count than any 80s slasher villain.

Although, some of those kills are debatable IMO and not the just the suicides in Predator and T2. A good example would be the imagined death of Bill Paxton in True Lies.
Yeah, he never actually "Killed" Bill Paxton, even in his fantasy sequence. Also, as a child of the '90s, I have to say I grew up on his movies, and they are still my favorite. Face/Off never quite matched up to Commando or Eraser in terms of awesomeness.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
Mr. Q said:
xptn40S said:

StewShearer said:
Yeah, I was wondering about counting the suicides like the Predator. Plus that list may have to be tweaked since its a list of people, animals, aliens, robots, and what-have-you Arnold has killed. ^^;
xptn40S said:

StewShearer said:
Did you watch it with the commentary on? They explain why they counted aliens, machines and suicides. I found it more entertaining with that commentary on as well. Needless to say it was pretty cool and Anhuld has killed many many sentient beings!

xptn40S

Jan 11, 2011
Whytewulf said:
Did you watch it with the commentary on? They explain why they counted aliens, machines and suicides. I found it more entertaining with that commentary on as well. Needless to say it was pretty cool and Anhuld has killed many many sentient beings!
It's just counting the suicides that makes me scratch my head.

I mean, doesn't that kinda seem like saying that you're a murderer if you kill yourself? It's technically true on some level, but it wouldn't be entirely accurate to say that.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
xptn40S said:
Whytewulf said:
It's just counting the suicides that makes me scratch my head.

I mean, doesn't that kinda seem like saying that you're a murderer if you kill yourself? It's technically true on some level, but it wouldn't be entirely accurate to say that.
Maybe, and I don't want to over analyze this too much :) But take Predator... SPOILER!! When he "kills" himself, he is basically defeated and was about to be killed. In T2 and T3, he "killed himself" because of himself? I.E. it was on screen death because of him. End of Days.. well that movie just blew, so I blame the Devil.

Apr 5, 2008
Best. Action Star. Ever.
I have to admit that as a child of the 80s and teen of the 90s Arnie films were the ultimate action flick. I grew up watching these, along with Stallone (Rambos, Tango & Cash, etc), Chuck Norris (Delta Force, MIA) and the rest. They're still a guilty pleasure. Actually, Arnie is one of only two actors whose entire movie collection I own, having gone out of my way to get them all.