Science!: Chickens, Musclefish and X-Ray Vision

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
008Zulu said:
Nincompoop said:
008Zulu said:
Nincompoop said:
Cows wouldn't have leg and joint problems if they were swimming o_O. So I don't see any weight issues by super-breeding fish.
Buffing the muscles means the fish will weigh more, it's swim bladder has evolved to carry a specific amount of weight. They'd have to increase that too or the fish would drown.
Sure. That makes sense. But if from birth they would have weighed more than usual, would their bladders be able to evolve in time? I mean, does it have to take a mutation in the species?
It would take a few generations for a an adaption to evolve naturally. As an example, the Brown snake here in Australia was under threat from the Cane Toad (especially toxic glands) when the snake ate it it would be poisoned and die. In the span of about 50 years, it evoled to a smaller head so it would be unable to eat the toad.

Maybe with a little encouragement, the fish wont have to wait that long.
Interesting. Thanks for the information. And that is not sarcastic if it sounds so. I just don't know how to reply when I have nothing to reply with.
Thanks for the chit chat =).

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Eleuthera said:
Lauren Admire said:
... explains Allard Mosk of University of Twente in Amsterdam.
The University of Twente is in Enschede, not in Amsterdam. Though he might have been explaining it in Amsterdam...
Gah! beat me to it. but yeah, my heart nearly stopped when I read that.

diablomaki

Jul 17, 2009
i realize im splitting hairs but im a chicken nerd and a hen is a female. and a cockerel is a young male. pullet is young female. and i noticed male sex feathers on the roosters neck on both sides.... just saying

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
I may just be in love with the see through paint. Fantastic that they were able to model the scattering of light...eeenteresting, very eeeenteresting..

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Someguy in an english airport was sued for taking a picture of a female coworker who has passed through a machine that was able to scan the body form.