Science!: Higgs Bosons and Romance

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Science!: Higgs Bosons and Romance

Inside: How to get a Higgs boson to fall for you.

Read Full Article

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I've read the first page but something kept on stopping me from going forward, sorry Lauren, gotta get this off my chest before I carry on.

You do know that Peter Higgs the person who theorized the Higgs Boson is an Atheist?, he doesn't like it being called "God Particle", just throwing that out there.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Im so scared for the god particle...ebcause, if it opens a black hole I actually win a bet! But...its actually a bet I want to lose >< I just hope they dont let all that Italian cheese go to there heads!

JaneDoe

Aug 28, 2009
ColdStorage said:
I've read the first page but something kept on stopping me from going forward, sorry Lauren, gotta get this off my chest before I carry on.

You do know that Peter Higgs the person who theorized the Higgs Boson is an Atheist?, he doesn't like it being called "God Particle", just throwing that out there.
It annoys me somewhat too. Its just a particle, and I believe we'll observe it eventually. (particle physics was my favourite part of uni)

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
Stupid oversensitive atheists.
I am able to rise above it when they claim there isn't a god, the slightest mention of the possibility and they go mental.
Why can't they live and let live?

JaneDoe

Aug 28, 2009
Whether there be a god or not, the Higgs boson has naught to do with it. Hence why 'the god particle' just seems incorrect as a nickname.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
JaneDoe said:
ColdStorage said:

It annoys me somewhat too. Its just a particle, and I believe we'll observe it eventually. (particle physics was my favourite part of uni)
It annoys me too, mostly because it was used by Creationist in their Wedge propaganda, but also because I had my details put online and had crazy people actually come looking for me while I was relaxing simply because I got into an argument over why it shouldn't be called "God Particle".

My friend in BioInformatics also had his details put online, but for other reasons, animal rights activists actually thought he was torturing animals, was hella funny when I opened his door during a party only to find a stoned out hippy in his garden that shouted "STOP SHAVING MARMOSETS!" at me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioinformatics

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Flying Dagger said:
Stupid oversensitive atheists.
I am able to rise above it when they claim there isn't a god, the slightest mention of the possibility and they go mental.
Why can't they live and let live?
I'm not i'm Atheist actually, I just don't think it should be called the God Particle, firstly, its a stupid fucking name secondly, it isn't God and it will not bring forth a new coming.

Call it something cool like "The Froglore Particle of Antarctic the Second", just not God.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
So...the God Particle is actually several God Particles? So...it's polytheistic? Man, that's incredibly humorous. And go Antoine, getting all those phone numbers!

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
PayJ567 said:
Nice two know that:

One step at a time science is proving all of Christianity is bullshit

The master all cure is flawed

Music helps... Hehe not that I need help.

America is fucked because of Britain... AWESOME!

Also Lauren Admire I love your new avatar. Got a good laugh.
I have never been able to infect Madagascar.

JaneDoe

Aug 28, 2009
It's great to have media attention on the amazing physics going on, but the whole 'God particle' thing just puts it in the wrong light, making it seem more important than the observation of the W and Z bosons ect. It has no more to do with any god than the next particle!

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
BehattedWanderer said:
So...the God Particle is actually several God Particles? So...it's polytheistic? Man, that's incredibly humorous. And go Antoine, getting all those phone numbers!
Oh fuck I totally missed that!, well done man, you are the more observant person here.

I salute you.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
1: Sorry, but every time the particle pantheon expands, i feel like we're just dicking around. Waiting for some genius to give us a simple elegant solution that makes our current model look like Ptolemy's crystal spheres.

2: This will probably be an unfortunate setback for stem-cell research. Douche-bags will stand up and say "look! its to dangerous to meddle with!".

3: Music has always been very important to the emotional state of people. Just watch a movie, the most emotional parts are always the ones with great music going on in the background.

4: The gulf is boned anyways. Not even Kevin Costner can save us. The smokers have won.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
Lauren Admire said:
PayJ567 said:
Nice two know that:

I got Madagascar once, because the disease started there, but other than that, fuck that game, Madagascar is a stupid place.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
PayJ567 said:
Lauren Admire said:
PayJ567 said:
Nice two know that:

Me neither... If anything goes wrong... ever it's where I'm going. One kid I know said he infected Madagascar but we all know he is lying. It's impossible to infect that place.
That was me, and I'm not a child. But then again I started out there by luck.

Tinneh

Oct 10, 2009
PayJ567 said:
Tinneh said:
PayJ567 said:
Lauren Admire said:
PayJ567 said:
Nice two know that:

Me neither... If anything goes wrong... ever it's where I'm going. One kid I know said he infected Madagascar but we all know he is lying. It's impossible to infect that place.
That was me, and I'm not a child. But then again I started out there by luck.
You double posted that to try and over compensate for your LIES!!!!
I'm not a liar, you're a liar!

I'm drunk, you don't have an excuse!