Science!: The Best Illusions of the Year!

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Science!: The Best Illusions of the Year!

Inside: How to convince your fat to lose itself.

Read Full Article

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
GAH! Even after he shows how the ramp trick is done, it still blows my mind when he does it!

And that gorilla thing caught me out. Yes, I admit it, I was ONLY looking for the gorilla

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
GAH! Even after he shows how the ramp trick is done, it still blows my mind when he does it!

And that gorilla thing caught me out. Yes, I admit it, I was ONLY looking for the gorilla
Haha ditto that!

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
I'm gonna start living inside my fridge in order to lose weight now. If I die, blame Lauren.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
I love optical illusions. That ramp trick was great. Its amazing what can be done with perspective. It also makes me think of the subjective nature of reality.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I wonder how long it will take for this idea to become one of those late night 30 minute commercials for the latest miracle cure for weight loss and getting in to shape with the least amount of effort used.

a stranger

Mar 4, 2009
that gorilla was pretty easy the only thing that tricked my was the girl in the black shirt leaving.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Kuliani said:
I'm gonna start living inside my fridge in order to lose weight now. If I die, blame Lauren.
A man dead and stuffed in a fridge and a woman blamed for it? Now I know I'm not living in a comic book!

Lauren Admire misses her mom!
Awww.:) Personal anecdote, but some years back I was working a job that sucked. Was really bad and I was close to quitting, but I needed the money, so I was holding out for as long as I could (damnear killed me - never again). During those last few weeks I took to calling my mom during lunch (no appetite, so wasn't eating anyway). And it made me feel better to talk to her for a few minutes. Downside was I think I made her feel bad because she knew how stressed I was!

Fists

Apr 16, 2009
I noticed the gorilla and that someone left but missed counting one pass and the colour change. Also, anyone about to do a biology test try and ignore Lauren's division of domains.

johnny appleseed

Jan 19, 2010
Not that I am an old-school creationist (I personally believe the point of Genesis is purely allegorical, regardless of its historical accuracy), but what Theobald fails to realize is that his probabilities mean nothing to discredit the theory that man was created separately by God. If we take a literal Biblical creation to be true, then creation is a miracle, probability had nothing to do with it, and the odds are meaningless.

Also, I'm not that into biology, so if anyone reading this knows why this is a scientifically significant achievement, please explain.

the_maestro_sartori

Nov 8, 2009
Those illusions are awesome.
and I might have to try the call mom thing, she does my tits in most of the time but ya never know, it might work? :p

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Very interesting stuff. COX-2 might be one of many potential ways to cut back on obesity in the future. I know that China was working on another natural chemical... something that increased muscle activity and helped prevent a good percentage of gaining body fat. If both of these become workable solutions in the future, we might not have any obese people twenty years from now.

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Fists said:
I noticed the gorilla and that someone left but missed counting one pass and the colour change. Also, anyone about to do a biology test try and ignore Lauren's division of domains.
True! Go with whatever you're taught. Or we can just go with Linnaeus' system of Animalia, Vegetabilia,Mineralia.