Science!: Vodka Pills, Black Holes and The Pill for Men

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Science!: Vodka Pills, Black Holes and The Pill for Men

Inside: How to drink smarter, with vodka pills.

Read Full Article

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
Isn't there a surgery you can get that ties off your sperm-tube things?

The rest of the stuff is pretty awesome, though.

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Echer123 said:

Ya still rather get sniped.

Join the seedless grapes club.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I have heard about the male pill for years now. Good idea, but I doubt it'll work. In the past, the trials have ended in sterility and I'm certainly not gonna risk that.

And leave it to the Russians to come up with a vodka pill.

Echer123 said:
Yeah it's called a vasectomy, and in most cases, it's permanent. Not cool.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
Croaker42 said:
Echer123 said:

I'm confused.

You're confusing.

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
Low Key said:
I have heard about the male pill for years now. Good idea, but I doubt it'll work. In the past, the trials have ended in sterility and I'm certainly not gonna risk that.

Echer123 said:
I think that's pretty cool, but then again I cringe at the prospect of having children.

Not the process, mind you.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Awesome job Lauren!

Can you imagine going to the grocery store to pick up a 6 pack of beer pills? hahahaha

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
The man "Pill" - Bugger that, i like my ballroom full of dancers.
The future contacts - I can see that used for advertising only, i like the idea though, could be used in video games..
Vodka pill -

Blackholes - Let there be life!

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Echer123 said:
Croaker42 said:
Echer123 said:

I'm confused.

You're confusing.
'The seedless grapes club'........ you no longer produce sperm (seeds)

(vasectomy)

OT; Booze pills don't seem like that much fun. Unless your a massive drunk on the go.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I would love that contact lens, even though I can see ok but still it would be awesome, although it may be a problem during tests...for the people giving you the test anyway.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Echer123 said:
Low Key said:

Echer123 said:
I think that's pretty cool, but then again I cringe at the prospect of having children.

Not the process, mind you.
I like to live dangerously. I think I'll keep my gear intact and leave the vasectomy up to you.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
For many women, it's a familiar cycle: hit puberty, become sexually active, obtain birth control pills. The onus of birth control has historically tended to fall upon the woman, simply because we have such a wide array of contraceptives from which to choose. From "the pill," to IUDs, to annual shots, it often falls on the woman to control most of the safe sex process. It's typically easier, more effective and, well, sometimes you just don't have a condom on hand.

Really historically condoms have been in existance in one form or another for 400 years.

The "pill" has not. And since "safe sex" historically has no existed since the 40's..... I find these claims a bit wrong. Guilt tripping the men again are we?

Pfft I want my vodka pills.

tce11

Turtle Who Lives in the Clouds
Apr 17, 2008
If those alcohol pills become commercially available I see the number of alcohol related death skyrocketing. Popping a few pills would make alcohol poisoning far too easy. It would be cool if they made them slow releasing or something, otherwise they would probably be pretty harmful.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
I would love a pair of contact lenses that gave me robo-cop-like vision. Determinig threats, aiming...ts all good. Everything in this article actually had a practical use, except for the vodka pills. Half the fun of being drunk is getting there.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Carlston said:
Really historically condoms have been in existance in one form or another for 400 years.

The "pill" has not. And since "safe sex" historically has no existed since the 40's..... I find these claims a bit wrong. Guilt tripping the men again are we?
Actually, the condom dates back even further - to ancient Egypt. There are hieroglyphic depictions of intestines being used to avoid pregnancy in several tombs. It was depicted as the man's responsibility, since unwanted children means unwanted heirs to property.

Think of the Pill as a form of birth control designed to give the woman that same type of control. The term "safe sex" merely refers to sex without the risk of disease, which the Pill does not provide.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
CaptainCrunch said:
Carlston said:

Actually, the condom dates back even further - to ancient Egypt. There are hieroglyphic depictions of intestines being used to avoid pregnancy in several tombs. It was depicted as the man's responsibility, since unwanted children means unwanted heirs to property.

Think of the Pill as a form of birth control designed to give the woman that same type of control. The term "safe sex" merely refers to sex without the risk of disease, which the Pill does not provide.
I wouldn't even want to put on my boy those ancient condoms...god knows what they were made outa of.

Shame, one time safe sex meant a pillow between her and the headboard...

Nova5

Interceptor
Sep 5, 2009
I want those damn contacts. O_O

As pathetic as this may sound, I'd never pass up the option to have a HUD.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
That contact lense thingy sounds awesome. It brings a whole new meaning to the term "Window Shopping".

The man pill? Well I suppose it's safer than sticking your gibblets in the microwave...

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
vodka in pill form?
I'd rather just drink the real stuff.
*actually does so*