Scientists Discover 50,000 Year Old Underwater Forest

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
kailus13 said:
WaitWHAT said:
Who wants to take a bet on exactly which kind of Lovecraftian monstrosity they're going to find preserved down there? My bet's on a good, old-fashioned Shoggoth [https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=shoggoth&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=XHrcUfCnJenG0QW464DYDw&biw=1280&bih=923&sei=XnrcUbu8IOm00QWi14CoCw]
I'm hoping for Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos. A slow burning mental collapse that affects anyone pulled in by it's charisma.
Earnest Cavalli said:
Obviously the deer would be unhappy with the situation.
I think forests is more Shub-Niggurath's game. And of course being submerged for thousands of years is more Cthuhlu's line of work. So I have to agree with Kailus and say it will be Shoggoths - and lots of them.

OpalEssence

Jul 12, 2013
This should be a boon for dendrochronology. The limit of carbon-14 dating, iirc, is about 50,000 years. Hopefully this can be used to improve calibration.

4Aces

May 29, 2012
The World's End is not until 23 August 2013 (at least in the USA), so we are fine until then. If anyone or anything tries to get between me and that movie, they/it will learn the true meaning of horror.

I agree that chainsawing underwater is pretty unlikely, but is a very cool idea for shark defense.