Scientists from Movies, TV Ranked by Level of Madness

NoShoes

Aug 15, 2013
Scientists from Movies, TV Ranked by Level of Madness

Mad Enough For You?

Source: Dorkly [http://kotaku.com/pop-culture-scientists-ranked-by-their-madness-1693791349]

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
How is Princess Bubblegum the lowest madness on the chart? She gets really mad and really creepy as the series goes on; this placement only makes sense if you only saw the first season or two.

P.S. Thanks

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Zoidberg? Did I miss something?

Also need to add Twilight Sparkle, The Doctor, Doctor Gero, and The Brain (Pinky and the Brain) to the list.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Ukomba said:
Zoidberg? Did I miss something?

Also need to add Twilight Sparkle, the Doctor, Doctor Gero, and The Brain (Pinky and the Brain) to the list.
Dexter is there, lower right.
So he is, I fixed it and replaced him with Twilight Sparkle ;)

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
A terrible choice of axis (no such thing as negative intelligence), they should just have put everything on the positive quadrant.

Sep 24, 2008
I was ready to rage when I saw Lucca, one of my first video game crushes.

And then I realized I would have been mad at anything that had Lucca on a chart that wasn't listing Deities.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
How is Krieger smarter then Farsnworth? Sure, he is more mental since he isnt even old yet but as far as I know he still hasnt created his own doomsday device

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Eh, the 4 point chart doesn't work for this as it's common utilization is for two pairs of opposing points. Considering that everyone on the chart is insane and intelligent to some degree a basic 2 axis would have worked fine. I get the idea that this was done this way because the 4 point is somehow "smarter".

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Dr. Thadeus S. "Rusty" Venture has to be somewhere on this list (probably around Dr. Wily). Actually, characters from The Venture Bros. alone are enough to blot out the top half.

And why is Wily so far from Dr. Light? I thought Wily was right behind Light in robotics research, plus, the man convinced the world several times that he turned a new leaf, after repeated world conquest schemes. Being the greatest con man ever, he must be well versed in human psychology, too.
josemlopes said:
How is Krieger smarter then Farsnworth? Sure, he is more mental since he isnt even old yet but as far as I know he still hasnt created his own doomsday device
It's only a matter of time until Krieger reveals one.

And Man

May 12, 2014
Pretty neat graph. Not sure how I feel about the Madness axis though, since it seems to refer to both "insane" mad and "mad scientist" mad. For example, Zoidberg is "insane" mad but not "mad scientist" mad, and in my opinion, Rick is "mad scientist" mad but not "insane" mad (he's definitely broken, but still sane). And then you have Krieger and Farnsworth, who are both "insane" mad and "mad scientist" mad. I think it'd be neat to see a graph that had "insane" mad on one axis and "mad scientist" mad on the other. Still, pretty cool graph.

And leaving Rusty Venture off of this graph is an unforgivable crime.

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Covarr said:
How is Princess Bubblegum the lowest madness on the chart? She gets really mad and really creepy as the series goes on; this placement only makes sense if you only saw the first season or two.
Not really. She has dark moments where she has to do morally grey things (Even as a PB defender, I'll admit that) but that doesn't translate to insanity. She's clearly always fully aware of her actions and the larger implications they carry.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
I don't really see how Zoidberg is "off his rocker". He's just lonely, miserable, poor, filthy, disgusting, has no friends or social life and is a terrible doctor. Farnsworth is far more nutty than Zoidberg has ever been.

Primero Holodon

Oct 18, 2011
CardinalPiggles said:
Zoidberg is a scientist? Pretty sure he's just a (terrible) doctor.
to be fair, one of the later episodes reveals that he's a fairly competent xenobiologist, its just that alien medical knowledge doesn't translate well to humans