Scorned Girlfriend Deletes WoW characters

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
If you notice, The headline is "WIDOW" deletes account... So either it's a prediction of the future, or they just seriously wanted to confuse me. I thoguth he was dead, then saw that he'd run to the store. Like... WTF

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
If you notice, The headline is "WIDOW" deletes account... So either it's a prediction of the future, or they just seriously wanted to confuse me. I thoguth he was dead, then saw that he'd run to the store. Like... WTF
Lol, I think it means like 'golfing widow', or 'football widow'! Someone who might as well be a widow for all the time their partner spends on said hobby ;-)

swolf

May 3, 2010
Valksy said:
Easy to recover. Major trust issues abound - does she..

Hang on, better look at the article..

OK, that looks fake to me.

There is an issue of course if he takes his anger out so quickly and so violently (and so destructively) I would argue that alone is reason to walk. But a video game isn't. Seriously folks, if you are having an issue with your partner sit down and fucking talk about it. All you do when you delete characters is make the recovery queue longer.

And remember - WoW is like the Hotel California. When you have been there you never really leave.... (OK, unless you get banned but that isn't what happened).
Cookie for the reference. I've got nothing else to contribute.

swolf

May 3, 2010
FargoDog said:
PurpleSky said:
Ok first of all I realise to wow players this is a big deal,because of all the time they wasted -they were wasting it anyway,if they kept playing to no end-.Second,a wow player with a girlfriend lol.

Third,is this going to be a federal offence in a few years?

*EDIT* loooks fake guys.

I still -love-prefer this crazy chick:
...That is both scary and awesome. But mainly scary.

OT: It was surprisingly tense, even if it was fake it was by no means a bad fake, considering they deleted three WoW characters and smashed a monitor for it.
Any idea why Purple sky got banned?

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
Obvious fake is obvious. :\

YES, she did delete the characters

But it was most likely with him knowing about it, the reaction was generic and clearly an act

Razvex

Wtb>Good title
Apr 4, 2010
Mornelithe said:
Nobody touches my PC without permission.
That's pretty much it, mate. Although the guy left it on while he went to the store, allowing her to do this - That is also a no no imo. I even lock my PC when I walk away from it lol.

OT - Yeah, that was amusing. I gotta admit, I lol'ed irl. As an on again off again WOW player myself, I'd never let it interfere with my girls or my work.. Still, most of the lol was directed at the reaction. Over the top, much?

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
Radelaide said:
Sorry, if you ignore your girlfriend for a god damned video game, you deserve that.
No he didn't. He maybe deserved to get dumped IF (and only if) she had raised the issue with him and he didn't listen. Not to mention a lot of people who get fed up about 'obsessive gaming', are the kind of people who want their partner to stop playing and sit watching TV all night, this is the worst kind of hypocrisy - asking someone to trade doing something they have to think about for something that requires no effort at all in a vague attempt to 'spend time together'! At the end of the day we don't know what she thinks is fun, but that was premeditated malicious act that she would know wasn't going to improve their relationship. I ask you, who is at fault really?

Kazturkey

Mar 1, 2009
NorthernTrooper said:
You can mess with a man, but not his electronics. If I were him, I would have just told her to get out.
Pretty much this. Someone breaking my stuff would piss me off more than someone giving me a punch in the ribs.

Although yeah it's really easy to open a recovery ticket and get the stuff back, a friend of mine got hacked and just opened a ticket to get it all back. (I don't play the game, btw.)

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Another exceptionally bright woman. Why leave the guy who isn't paying attention to you? No lets see if we can't turn it into a fight. Both sides were at fault, but in this case the woman took a long fall out of the stupid tree. Whatever she hoped to accomplish with this is shot.

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
Jandau said:
Why would a person's girlfriend have his WoW password? That's just idiotic of him...
I came into this thread with posting that same thing in mind.

OT: That could never happen to me because I carry my authenticator on me so I know none of my friends or whoever is tagging along with them can get on my account. My computer has it's own security but my guest computer does not.

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
Demented Teddy said:
"Eye for an eye" is a lot easier to justify then "They send one of our guys to the hospital, we send one of theirs to the morgue."
And that's how you beat Capone!
Sorry. I just love The Untouchables.

OT: Although I doubt the guy's reaction in the video is genuine, what his girlfriend did kind of screams "Spiteful b-" to me. She could have just walked away, but instead she had to resort to being petty.

swolf

May 3, 2010
FargoDog said:
swolf said:
FargoDog said:
PurpleSky said:
Ok first of all I realise to wow players this is a big deal,because of all the time they wasted -they were wasting it anyway,if they kept playing to no end-.Second,a wow player with a girlfriend lol.

Third,is this going to be a federal offence in a few years?

*EDIT* loooks fake guys.

I still -love-prefer this crazy chick:
...That is both scary and awesome. But mainly scary.

OT: It was surprisingly tense, even if it was fake it was by no means a bad fake, considering they deleted three WoW characters and smashed a monitor for it.
Any idea why Purple sky got banned?
I.. Don't know. It should say under his post. Maybe just a gltich or something?
I dunno, I don't see an explanation. Either it's a glitch or he/she said something offensive in a PM?