Scorned Girlfriend Deletes WoW characters

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
Altorin said:
Jack_Uzi said:
HAHAHA!!! Give me a girl like that e-ve-ry day of the week my friends! Now, if that wasn't a clear message that she needes some attention, I don't know. She didn't even dump him because of his neglect. Just some good old makeup sex will do :p
Until she wrecks something you like. It's not just WoW that girls can wreck, and you're on a gaming website, so you must have some sort of vice.

Give me a girlfriend that likes gaming as MUCH as I do. A girlfriend that LOVES wow.

Wait a minute. I got one of those :)
You are right on that point. But if my vice makes me blind to my surroundings, I deserved that. I would really be enraged if someone just smashed shit up that belongs to me just for the fun of it, but when that same shit posesses me, I would be thankful for the wake-up call. Now.. still waiting for someone to smash my PC.... gives me food for thought.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Wardnath said:
If he's even remotely intelligent, as Amnestic said, it'll go like this...

/page GM
/restore characters
/point
/lol

Also, the monitor = computer screen.

Monitor =/= hard drive.
This guy has to get e-mailed on that. After he gets a new monitor.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
s0denone said:
Sennz0r said:
s0denone said:
Rage snip
*Agreeing statements, wild speculations and half-baked theories*
Snip
Yes, I'm just guessing here. It's all I can do at the moment. If there's something I've learned facing one or two conflicts of my own, is that there are always two sides to a story. Now I could track these people down to get the other side of it, which would contain what the girl has been doing to get him to play less WoW before deleting all his characters and the guy's response to her, but frankly I don't care that much about it.

What I'm more interested in at the moment, is how you are only capable of siding with the guy, while there's clearly a situation the size of an Amazon rain forest going on here and we're only allowed to see two to four trees of it.

Yes, the guy is a victim, I fully acknowledge that as you already know. But is it so unrealistic to assume that the girlfriend has suffered somewhat equally before her retaliation was put on tape?

You say the only clear victim is the guy, and that regarding the girl as a victim is twisted logic. That's like seeing a girl kicking a guy in the nuts (which I find quite cruel), then immediately stating she was the only one doing the wrong thing. We don't know what was going on before she did that. Maybe he was trying to rape her, or he threatened her life in some way (which are situations I find it warranted that girls kick a guy in the nuts, I mean come on).
Eventhough I wouldn't condone the deletion of lvl 80 characters in any case like I would a girl striking a guy's wedding bells under certain circumstances, I might be able to understand why this girl thought she had the right to do it. If it turned out her logic was as flawed as her reaction I would call crazy and join your side.

Maybe it happened like you see it: He put up a couple of restrictions, she didn't like them so she overreacted to the power infinity. If that's the case, fine. She's the only one who's a crazy *****, and good riddance to her. May he hack all her social networking sites and destroy all the relationships she's been carefully maintaining over the years. It would only be fair, if a little immature.

As you said, it's all just speculation and half-baked theories.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Wardnath said:
I keyturn and I have 5/12 ICC. So.... what's your point, tough guy?
Just a heads up, if you play a melee class, keyboard turning will get you killed nearly every time on Sindragosa. Not having a go, if you keyboard turn because you prefer it, fair enough, thats your style. Just a friendly warning that doing so on that fight will kill ya.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Ghostkai said:
Wardnath said:
Just a heads up, if you play a melee class, keyboard turning will get you killed nearly every time on Sindragosa. Not having a go, if you keyboard turn because you prefer it, fair enough, thats your style. Just a friendly warning that doing so on that fight will kill ya.
Depending on the frequency, I can just pop AMS and live through it (I play a Frost-spec'd Death Knight).

But yeah, I should really keybind, but I won't because I'm too lazy. XD

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
katsabas said:
Wardnath said:

/page GM
/restore characters
/point
/lol

Monitor =/= hard drive.
I felt for the Razer mouse that fell to the floor while he was dropkicking that monitor.

Do...do you think it's okay? :eek:

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Wardnath said:
Ghostkai said:
Wardnath said:
Depending on the frequency, I can just pop AMS and live through it (I play a Frost-spec'd Death Knight).

Not really worth the risk, just mouse turn on that fight and avoid a certain one shot :p

(sorry for derailing thread a bit here OP - I'll stop)

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Ghostkai said:
Wardnath said:
Ghostkai said:
Wardnath said:

Not really worth the risk, just mouse turn on that fight and avoid a certain one shot :p

(sorry for derailing thread a bit here OP - I'll stop)
Yeah true, but it's a cooldown for a reason. :)

Yeah, we should really stop. >_<

Master_Corruptor

Jan 14, 2009
I used to play EvE Online... that is i played it for over two years.
If My gf had deleted my accounts with the reason ''i want you to spend more time with me and not the game''
Then I simply could not hold it against her.
It's just a game... it's not your child, dog og a one off super unique gem from neptune.

If someone actively starts interfering with your gaming it's because they genuinely love/like you and want to spend more time with you. Don't hate people for caring.

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
Kasawd said:
She hit him where it hurts...

The professions.

Seriously, though, this would be easily recovered by opening a ticket with a GM. Wow, that guy needs to settle down, though. I remember looking up some of my characters on the armory only to be told they didn't exist. I logged into the forums and was told I had no characters on this account. I figured I had been hacked so I logged in only to find my characters intact. Something was simply wrong with the armory. My thoughts were "Well, that blows, but at least I can level a mage, again."
This happened to me too. Turns out that when characters are inactive for a certain amount of time The Armory stops showing their pages.

OT: Umm character recovery function?

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
Was literally on the guys side until he smacked the monitor, what a massive overreaction. He obviously is unaware that Blizz will put characters back within a day if you just ticket.

I mean, if you hypothetically couldn't retrieve them, then that reaction would fit and I would totally be on his side and condone almost any other reactions he may have off-screen. I mean, in this hypothetical situation, she just deleted his WoW characters, all of which were seemingly high level, and he can't get them back.
The only thing that makes his reaction unacceptable here was that he can simply ticket for them back, and thus is wasting a perfectly good screen for no reason.
Am I wrong for thinking that?

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Sennz0r said:
katsabas said:
Wardnath said:

/page GM
/restore characters
/point
/lol

Monitor =/= hard drive.
I felt for the Razer mouse that fell to the floor while he was dropkicking that monitor.

Do...do you think it's okay? :eek:
Clear...BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Valksy said:
Limzz said:
Valksy said:
And remember - WoW is like the Hotel California. When you have been there you never really leave.... (OK, unless you get banned but that isn't what happened).
I left, I must be the chosen one.

But your account still exists and your characters are waiting... Unless you are banned (and I swear that Acti-Blizzard have a "stop loss" policy, you pretty much have to punch Bobby Kotick's grandma to get banned) then you can always go back...
Naah. Punching Bobby Kotick's grandma isn't a bannable offense. However, stealing the change out of the cup holder in his gold plated Ferrari will not only get you banned but get a hit squad sent after you.

Edit: Also this video looks staged and fake.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
Nmil-ek said:
katsabas said:
mxfox408 said:
katsabas said:
WOW is something you can take for granted cause it will always be there. Girls won't. This guy had it coming.
Rofl really??? Were are girls going to disapear too? Unless you got no game, im in a relationship but if she does somthing like this i wont destroy my equipment, ill kick her ass out and restore it or start over lol either way i win. Lol. Not to mention id just meet someone new lol.
How do you win exactly? No girl, no characters and more hours to lose. Every relationship requires patience and this guy tested it and failed badly. No girl, no chars, no pc. Winner? If you say so...
I have had plenty of breakups over trivial things again, relationships take two halves I have a strong feeling most here have never been in a real relationship you will always argue, dissagree, want to do things on your own if thats not the case you dont have a healthy relationship. It's never, never ideal and breaking someones trust or reacting in this way is the single most deplorable thing you can do in a relationship for me it's a be open or get the fuck out policy.

All it takes is a good night out to meet another girl if you aint afraid of hearing no and trying different things, or you can stay stagnant in a watch over your back attend to every need relationship that always, ALWAYS falls appart at the seems. We are human beings, we are social animals but we have strong personal needs aswell this chick did not get that, approached it the wrong way, hes far, far better off in the long term short term thinking is for loosers.
I agree, @ katsabas, youpoint , if you had paid attention before quoting me youd learn. If a girl has to resort to destroying or in this case deleted somthing i spent hours on weather she likes or not, im tossing her out. Im not going to waste my emotions by fighting with her, if she has to resort to that then its best she gtfo cuz she has no maturity. Its not like i cant hookup with somone else. Btw i can always restore my char. By talking to a gm.

Pokenator

May 5, 2010
I saw that on reddit last night and spent the entire movie watching in horror and calling the girl nasty names (as a former WoW addict myself- that is just about the most horrible thing to do to someone, what a *****) but when he went ape-shit at the end, I realized I felt much less sorry for him as I realized they're probably just as crazy as each other.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Well, I am no WoW expert, but when you permanently destroy something a person has put so many hours into, it really pisses some people off.

Pokenator

May 5, 2010
Master_Corruptor said:
I used to play EvE Online... that is i played it for over two years.
If My gf had deleted my accounts with the reason ''i want you to spend more time with me and not the game''
Then I simply could not hold it against her.
It's just a game... it's not your child, dog og a one off super unique gem from neptune.

If someone actively starts interfering with your gaming it's because they genuinely love/like you and want to spend more time with you. Don't hate people for caring.
To me, 'caring' would be "I think you have a problem, let me help you fix it." That is if a problem actually exists- if you play 12 hours a day every day and don't work, then it is a problem. "I want you to spend more time with me" is being a downright jealous and selfish ***** who is being possessive and controlling- trying to control what partners do (and especially eliminating other hobbies that are NOT 'the girlfriend' are definitely controlling behaviours, not 'care', despite what they say) People who truly care about their partners respect that they have lives and hobbies outside doting on that individual, those that destroy those hobbies are not caring people, they only have their own self interests at heart.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Demented Teddy said:
Ah Jesus christ.
What he should do is destroy something that SHE cares about.

"Eye for an eye" is a lot easier to justify then "They send one of our guys to the hospital, we send one of theirs to the morgue."
"That's how we do it in Chicago"

OT:Wow...

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
I think its fake. If he really is that crazy, theres no way she would do something like that to set him off (thats talking from experience). Also, for a game she apparently hates, she seemed to know what she was doing and did it quick.

If by a small chance it is real...the girl is pretty stupid. If you have a problem you dont just deal with it behind their back, you talk about it and reach a compromise, like he only plays in the evenings for a few hours and then they spend some time together.

If you cant make simple compromises in a relationship that how can you expect to last?