Scorned Girlfriend Deletes WoW characters

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
First and foremost, I'm going to call her a *****. Second, he's too quick to anger. I can see worry, but no need to wreck expensive machinery. Third, it's easy to recover.

Wonder if this will fuel the divorce. And, yes, I'm looking at her as the bad guy here. That remark "This one's his favorite" she was deliberately hurting him. If he likes the game that much, wrecking it for him is a massive ***** move. And her going through the gnome's inventory to delete stuff? She was savoring the moment. I don't care how he's ignoring you, if you need attention enough to simply hurt him, it's not love, you're a *****. Doesn't matter if he ignores you, deliberately trying to make him feel like shit and enjoying it is the mark of a *****. Which doesn't mean he's justified, just that she should have handled it differently, and I'm calling her a *****.

Can't wait to see how the anti-game people turn this against the guy.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Mister Manana said:
Amnestic said:
Didn't read the article, but assuming the guy's even remotely intelligent, the events will go:

Girlfriend deletes WoW characters.
Boyfriend messages GM to have them restored.
Boyfriend waits minutes/hours/day at most.
Boyfriend continues playing WoW.

It's ridiculously easy to restore deleted characters.
Each WoW account only gets a certain, unspecified number of character restores, so if he had already used all of his, he would be out of luck. The GMs could make an exception, I suppose, but that's unlikely.

But back to the topic. As states before, there are a lot of issues on both sides of this.
I am sure if he sent a link of the vid along with his ticket they would make an exception.

This was entirely counterproductive of her though. She deleted his characters because he spends to much time on it. Well isn't he just going to spend more time levelling new characters to 80?

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
I cry FAKE FAKE FAKE

Otherwise, as many others have said, it's fairly easy to recover your deleted character. But still, that would be what I would expect a 5 year old to do. Mature people talk it over, and they wouldn't record the victim's reactions on video then release it to the internet.

Or maybe I'm living in Fantasia Town, Dark side of mars.

Trikeen

Feb 17, 2009
Now if i was this lady i would have gone to buddy's main account control on Worldofwarcraft.com and destroyed everything from there...

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
squid5580 said:
Mister Manana said:
Amnestic said:
Didn't read the article, but assuming the guy's even remotely intelligent, the events will go:

Girlfriend deletes WoW characters.
Boyfriend messages GM to have them restored.
Boyfriend waits minutes/hours/day at most.
Boyfriend continues playing WoW.

It's ridiculously easy to restore deleted characters.
Each WoW account only gets a certain, unspecified number of character restores, so if he had already used all of his, he would be out of luck. The GMs could make an exception, I suppose, but that's unlikely.

But back to the topic. As states before, there are a lot of issues on both sides of this.
I am sure if he sent a link of the vid along with his ticket they would make an exception.

This was entirely counterproductive of her though. She deleted his characters because he spends to much time on it. Well isn't he just going to spend more time levelling new characters to 80?
actually, sending the video would probably harm his case more then help it.

Blizzard's pretty strict about you allowing other people onto your account

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Konrad Curze said:
As for the chick, I honestly hope he beats the shit out of her. Some one who destroys something another person loves just for the fun of it deserves a beating just for their selfishness.
I kinda hope he breaks her fucking jaw.
See, I have a hard time finding the sarcasm in this. And it scares me.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I'm not saying the dude is compeltely without fault, but there has to be a middle ground between "my boyfriend is perfect" and "he never spends time with me so instead of talking to him about it I'll instigate a drastic response to try and emulate the work of an internet legend."

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Konrad Curze said:
LiquidGrape said:
See, I have a hard time finding the sarcasm in this. And it scares me.
Why would I be being sarcastic?
People like her disgust me. She destroys something her boyfriend obviously cares about very much and she does it for no other reason than she is a selfish spiteful *****.
Its monetary value is unimportant. It clearly had great personal worth to the man.
So since she destroyed something he loves for no reason she deserves to be punished.
The specifics of their relationship, their intentions and what they've done is irrelevant at this point. I'm just appalled by your assessment. You honestly think a sound response to that would be to break her jaw?

I don't agree with the "eye for an eye" mentality; but it sounds a whole lot more reasonable than "a beating for digital make-believe".

Reolus

Mar 11, 2010
Clearly photoshopped. You can tell by the lens flare in his rage-maddened eyes.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
The guy obviously poored himself into the game. It's like she burned his diary & set fire to his room. Lucky for him his game can just be rolled back by the developers. Seriously, you don't hack people's shit & destroy it just because they ignore you for something more entertaining.

But in the girl's deffence; who'd stay married to a looser who is so piss-poor at controlling his anger that he takes vindictive wrath upon expencive hardware? He will deffinately be replacing that monitor on his own. & if he treats her like he did the monitor, then maybe he desrved a little digital torture.