SDCC 2014: Season 5 New Cast Announced for Game of Thrones

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
SDCC 2014: Season 5 New Cast Announced for Game of Thrones

SPOILER: They gon' die. Most of them. Probably. At some point.

At the SDCC panel for their smash hit HBO series, creators and producers of Game of Thrones announced the latest set of new actors who will spend an unspecified amount of time being alive in Westeros. Notably, a decent faction of the new actors are portraying members of Oberyn Martell's previously-mentioned extended family.

The new meat will include:

Jonathan Pryce (Brazil, G.I. Joe) as the High Sparrow

Rosabell Laurenti Sellers (Italian televsion actress) as Tyene Sand

Keisha Castle-Hughes (Whale Rider, The Nativity Story) as Obara Sand

Jessica Henwick (BBC's Spirit Warriors) as Nymeria "Nym" Sand

Alexander Siddig (Star Trek: DS9) as Doran Martell

Enzo Cilenti (Kick-Ass 2) as Yezza

Toby Sebastian (Barely Lethal) as Trystane Martell

Nell Tiger Free (replacing Aimee Richardson) as Myrcella Baratheon

DeObia Oparei (Dredd) as Areo Hotah

Source: Variety [http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/game-of-thrones-jonathan-pryce-season-five-1201269132/]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/sdcc2014]

Mar 20, 2010
I was so happy and excited about Dr. Bashir that i completely forgot about Arienne and the Greyjoys. What's up with their non-existence?

Shizzlick

Mar 2, 2010
Where's Arianne Martell, or are they dropping her for the show? That'd be surprising, given she's a POV character in the books and they're still having the 3 eldest of the 8 Sand Snakes.

Edit: Huh, I never even thought of the Greyjoy's, they should be there too.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
Shizzlick said:
Where's Arianne Martell, or are they dropping her for the show? That'd be surprising, given she's a POV character in the books and they're still having the 3 eldest of the 8 Sand Snakes.
I fear they are cutting their number :/ probably we will end having 4 instead of 8 :( ... and also, darn it, no Iron Islanders cast

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
I'd think more people these days would know Jonathan Pryce as the governer from Pirates of the Caribbean, and not a 1985 movie.

And Dr. Bashir? Woot!

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Jonathan Pryce will be absolutely perfect as High Sparrow, and I can't wait to see Alexander Siddig in something again.

Gahh, why must I wait another 8 months to see this? Curse you, linear time!

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
Looks like a good addition to the cast, and judging by the previous seasons casting and performances I expect good things - and death. I've got this theory, that if anyone in GoT starts acting remotely heroic and sympathetic - that's gonna get them killed.

This makes me fairly certain that at least one of the current main characters is doomed, and I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm right.

mrgerry123

Aug 28, 2011
Darkstar and Oakheart are missing. Maybe they'll be cast later. They haven't mentioned Young Griff yet and he's obviously in it so there is hope for Victarion and the others as well.

mojopin87

Jun 5, 2009
Super excited about Jonathan Pryce and Alexander Siddig. Both excellent, excellent actors.