Searching for Depth in Digital CCGs?

Encaen

May 6, 2005

Digital CCGs have broadened the market considerably from the physical space, but not everybody wants it easy.

Read Full Article

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Encaen said:

Digital CCGs have broadened the market considerably from the physical space, but not everybody wants it easy.

Read Full Article
What wojld you suggest for an 8 yearnold whl is currently loving hearthstone and card wars?

Encaen

May 6, 2005
bjj hero said:
Encaen said:

Read Full Article
What wojld you suggest for an 8 yearnold whl is currently loving hearthstone and card wars?
I'd probably recommend Duelyst for younger players. Deck Construction is a learning process that can take a long time, so Duelyst having the limited options they're familiar with from Hearthstone will offer a bit more strategic depth in the tactics combat, which is easier to learn, though just as hard to master.

It's also a bit more cartoon-like. I like Eternal's visual design, but it's definitely not the bright and colorful color scheme they're probably used to.

Hope that helps!

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Another big difference is that Duelyst is out now, while Eternal is still in closed Beta...

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Jandau said:
Another big difference is that Duelyst is out now, while Eternal is still in closed Beta...
Yeah, I'm working with the Eternal folks now to get some keys for interested community members. If you want to check it out, PM me!