Searching for studio grade headsets (with mic for gaming)

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Studio Grade as in heavy metal frames. Something durable that it would last me years to come. I'm not worried about price. I only want to find a set, but google has found nothing for me. Can someone help me out?

FallenProject

Sep 16, 2010
I'd also be interested in this, my previous three sets have broken within a year and it's beginning to get annoying

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
I'm not a sound expert but I know some people who are and they swear by AKG and Senheiser.

SnowyGamester

Tech Head
Oct 18, 2009
I had a quick look for metal and aluminium headsets on the eBays and the Googles and also found bupkis. I think the problem is super high build quality stuff like that is more likely to appear in a dedicated set of headphones if anywhere rather than a combined headset. I suspect you're either going to have to sacrifice the built-in microphone or the metal construction.

If you opt for the latter I can't help but recommend the Logitech G930s I just got. They're pretty plasticy other than the band frame but the construction seems solid enough (they give them a 2 year warranty which is more than most), the sound quality is the best I've had (which probably isn't saying much but I'm impressed by them), the mic is pretty freaking good for a headset, and that shit's got 7.1 surround which is awesome for the games that support it. There's also the G35s if you aren't into wireless but I think it's the bomb (I get about 10 hours on for 2 hours charge).

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Err I'd go on head-fi. They really know their stuff with audio-related stuff and I'm sure there's many threads with this specific find in mind.