Searching that "app"

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
I am just looking to find back this very small app that help you fix a computer
it as a very simpe name like "fixit", was very small and you could scan your computer was giving all the running background program, default opening page of browser, cleaning other similar "bad" thing that can infect a computer from malware and such.
hope I was clear enough

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I am just looking to find back this very small app that help you fix a computer
it as a very simpe name like "fixit", was very small and you could scan your computer was giving all the running background program, default opening page of browser, cleaning other similar "bad" thing that can infect a computer from malware and such.
hope I was clear enough
Most 'apps' like this are deeply suspect at best, and active spyware/malware at most. Do not trust them. If you want to maintain the computer, a quick google search of the specific functions you need to do is a much better idea. And users here such as @Phoenixmgs would be more than willing to help and advise you, or at least point you in the direction of reputable assistance.

Siyano

May 9, 2020
Country
Canada
it is a genuine app im looking for obviously and I know it was very accepted back then, maybe it doesn exist anymore and/or too hard to find back
the function it has are a little too broad too search for it.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Just googling "computer fixing programs", I found this page that lists WinFix as a program. I've never used it but sounds like it could be the one you're trying to remember. I don't use too many fixing programs because the best way to fix Windows is just restore an image that takes like 3 minutes. Just have nothing but Windows + programs (no games or data whatsoever) on the C: drive with all your settings straight, then image that, and if anything goes wrong, restore that image. I also image it before doing the any Windows updates (I only do the feature updates twice a year) so if anything goes wrong in the update (or I don't like the feature update like last fall), I just restore the image.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
it is a genuine app im looking for obviously and I know it was very accepted back then, maybe it doesn exist anymore and/or too hard to find back
the function it has are a little too broad too search for it.

The problem is that most genuine apps like that become popular, trusted brands.... then some dodgy investor group else buys them and turns them into horrible garbage.