SEATBELTS

Do you wear your seatbelt in the BACK of a car?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

Results are only viewable after voting.

flamingo

Sep 19, 2020
Country
United States
Do you wear your seatbelt when riding in the back of a car? If yes, how often? What country or state are you from? Just wanted to take a poll of this in 2020.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You could have actually created a poll where people have an option box they can choose from

1600539426501.png

Reactions: flamingo

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
It's probably been a decade since I last rode in the back of a car, but yes, I would wear a seatbelt. Without fail. Partially for safety, partially because it's required by law in my country (Belgium). I also demand it of anyone in the car with me when I'm the one driving. I don't hit the gas before everyone has their seatbelt on. No excuses.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Yes, always. My imagination is too keen for me not to, even if I don't have to wear one (Arizona is mandatory for front seat passengers but I don't know if it is for the rear). And like Chimpzy I also make all my passengers buckle up too irregardless of where they sit (I like to drive fast).

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I'm too scared to not use a seatbelt personally.
Nothing annoys me more than irresponsible driving. Not wearing seatbelt, not stopping at lights or signs, fucking speeding. Its reckless endangerment of other people's lives because some yokel thinks its impressive to drive 80 in a 35 school zone.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Yes I do. I also use the seat belt when riding in a bus(even though in order to get off in time I have to remove it before the bus driver has stopped properly, thereby largely defeating the purpose)

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well yes, last thing I want is for the driver to get a ticket.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
You could also kill him with your flying body if there is an accident
Well if they die there's no ticket or mechanic fees to pay.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Uh...yeah? As the old adage goes: "It's better to have and not need than need and not have". Wearing a seatbelt is at worst a beneath-notice nuisance, and at best a lifesaver. The cost-benefit analysis doesn't get much simpler than that.

flamingo

Sep 19, 2020
Country
United States
Well if they die there's no ticket or mechanic fees to pay.
No I believe there would still be a ticket and it would be yours. Depending on the country, once a person is over a certain age, they are responsible for themselves. Hence is why you would be paying that ticket.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Wearing a seatbelt is at worst a beneath-notice nuisance, and at best a lifesaver.
I literally don't even think about it -- it's just part of the 'getting in the car' routine, like opening the door -- but I'm sure it would feel really weird to not be wearing one while the vehicle was moving.

flamingo

Sep 19, 2020
Country
United States
I posted this question because there are a few people who still think that riding in the back is safer and that there is a difference between buckling up in the front vs the back. "There are no seatbelt reminders in the backseat so it's safe."

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I posted this question because there are a few people who still believe that riding in the back is safer and that there is a difference between buckling up in the front vs the back. "There are no seatbelt reminders in the backseat so it's safe."
My understanding, based solely on British adverts, is that no only are you just as likely to die, you might also kill the people in the front seat who are wearing their belts.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Yes of course. Here in Missouri the driver assumes all responsibility of their passengers.
Where I live they reduce it to everyone without a license is my responsibility. Everyone with a license will get fined instead.

Yes I do. I also use the seat belt when riding in a bus(even though in order to get off in time I have to remove it before the bus driver has stopped properly, thereby largely defeating the purpose)
A lot of public transport where I live have no seat belts. Charter ones do because its mandatory for children to be belted.

It doesn't make a lot of sense