Secret Blizzard MMO Won't Be Revealed Until Far Flung Future

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
John Funk said:
hudsonzero said:
world of jersey shorecraft
That was so unfair. :(

It was actually kind of hilarious, though, sitting in the press section. When he started talking about the sneak peek at their new MMO, you could hear everyone freaking out and pulling out their phones, etc.
I was watching blizzcon at a friend's house. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the announcement.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Considering that Blizzard's existing IP's already have a sci-fi, fantasy and high-fantasy setting, I would not be suprised if their next IP was something different...like a post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting. They might even take inspiration from their cancelled game, Shattered Nations:

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Good good, Blizz always do best when they stick to their philosophy of; "When it's done"

Saying anything now is going to cause a media hurricane and then spend aaaages waiting for it. With peoples expectations mounting and mounting and probably end up being disappointed. This way keeping it close to the chest until such a time they feel like releasing it is imminent makes all the hype stick with the product instead of burning out before it even comes out.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Well, if anyone can avoid making a WoW clone, It would be Blizzard, I suppose.

MDSnowman

Apr 8, 2004
Maybe I'm just getting old but 2012 doesn't seem that far flung to me. *shrugs*

Anyway I don't trust a Blizzard game to actually exist until it has a release date.

Now back in the corner Lord of the Clans and Ghost!!!

Direwolf750

Apr 14, 2010
Really don't find this that amazing. Games that cost money for a subscription with no other service that doesn't cost money are just money sink-holes. You lose more money, and get less content, than if you just bought individual games that cost $60. It's just pointless.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
PipBoy2000 said:
Tom Goldman said:
and is apparently based on a new IP.
You sure about that?
Ol' Bobby specifically said they're not too reluctant about creating new IPs...
apparently
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91696-Blizzard-Confirms-New-MMOG-Is-New-Franchise

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
[Location] of Grindcraft

Where we take your money, dominate your life, and quash any fun.
But instead, we give you a chance to feel insignificant and monetized. To be a part of a community who first measures your mathematical weight before deciding to be your friend or not.

It's a game that shouldn't really be called a game, but rather, a system of numbers that was scientifically designed to abuse a proven addiction formula; creating a virtual waking nightmare from which you will learn to loath and despise, but will be nigh-powerless to escape from.

And it shall make money. Oh, yes. Much money indeed. Billions of dollars.
It shall forever tower over its competition; forever destroying any need or necessity to innovate and damning those who dare to think otherwise.

[/overblown satirical post]

(Sorry for the melodrama. I'm practicing the tone for my Halloween skit.)

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
My gut reaction is to browse games workshop's catalog of games to find blizzard's next, but won't go there.

I jest, I jest.

But really.

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
If they actually have a character creation-and-customisation system (stats aside) that isn't a complete joke this time around, I might just give it a chance.

Though here's hoping their art style doesn't make me ill this time >.>

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Blizzard - dumbing down the MMORPG experience since 2004 and promising to continue to do so... sometime in the future.
oh dont worry, Ill bet it will fail because of wow

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
It's World of Starcraft. And the reason why they don't want to reveal it is because they still have to release two parts of SC2.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
For some reason I see them doing some sort of persistently expanding universe where people build their own content for sidequests and can make them publicly available or only privately available... so world of warcraft mixed with lego universe/minecraft.... set in a steam punk universe.

hmm... reread what I wrote... I want that mmo :p