Secret Blizzard MMO Won't Be Revealed Until Far Flung Future

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
Broke out laughing when I read the first posts!

OT: Hopefully set in a very original environment.

darkdots

Oct 8, 2010
Ninja Loot Craft:
- Spend 2 weeks grinding for reputation, 8 hours and get nothing but a repair bill, but that's okay because that's what the 2 weeks were for.
- The more you piss people off, the more drama you create, the better your score.
- Free server transfers, name changes, and unnamed auctions to sell only your items after wiping other people's raids.
- The sweet gayness of Gandolph marriage ceremonies in-game!
- Epic cost accounting reductions, saving money for more content because instead of cut/paste comments from India, you just get the straight cut/paste on every bug report, telling the player that they messed up the game dowinloading mods because the game doesn't work!!!

AWESOME-SAUCE!

UBERfionn

Jun 7, 2010
My sister works for blizzard and was teasing me about playing a game she can't tell me anything about. I don't know if it was this though. Could be different game blizzard are working on.

Sam Doctorman

Mar 24, 2010
universe of star craft where you start as a Terran recruit and rank up for better gear
protoss would start as a zealot and get stronger phi powers
as zerg you would start as a zergling and slowly evolve in to new forms

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
I would have liked something diablo-eske, dark, bloody and evil.
But something steamy would be nice too. Or a scifi-compeditor for that Star Wars thingy? I would like some classical MMORPG mixed with good ol' Privateer.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
It'll be announced when it's ready to be announced. It'll be released when it's ready to be released. That's how Blizzard's always worked.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
PipBoy2000 said:
Tom Goldman said:
and is apparently based on a new IP.
You sure about that?
Ol' Bobby specifically said they're not too reluctant about creating new IPs...
apparently
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/91696-Blizzard-Confirms-New-MMOG-Is-New-Franchise
Well, The Lost Vikings are so old that to many people it would be a new franchise. ;)

Parnage

Apr 13, 2010
I think I'd be able to bear these news posts better if I didn't get to hear the slue of various "mmo" idea's and throwing the word craft into them. That and the whole "it'll be starcraft! or.. lost vikings!"

Now that I've said such excuse me as I join in.

TapeCraft: It's like lego universe only with duct tape.
SpaceCraft: It's like EVE online only with 60% less spreadsheets
and most importantly..
VikingCraft: Axes, Vikings and beards. What more could you ask for?

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
Not sure why people keep saying "World of Starcraft" or Universe or whatever. They do realize that "new I.P." means a completely different story and world, unrelated to existing properties, right?

crazyguy668

Jul 15, 2009
world of WW2 craft...would be awesome, lol. probly World of starcraft, but i woulld like to see an entirey new franchise from blizz

crazyguy668

Jul 15, 2009
rsvp42 said:
Not sure why people keep saying "World of Starcraft" or Universe or whatever. They do realize that "new I.P." means a completely different story and world, unrelated to existing properties, right?
oh i skipped over tghat part completely, lol. in that case, there is 2 ways they could go 1) set in more modern times with guns etc, maybe even 1800s(probly not, specially the 1800s part) or 2)go with a space/scifi universe.(most likely)

they could do other things(pirates maybe???) but those are most likely

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
crazyguy668 said:
rsvp42 said:
oh i skipped over tghat part completely, lol. in that case, there is 2 ways they could go 1) set in more modern times with guns etc, maybe even 1800s(probly not, specially the 1800s part) or 2)go with a space/scifi universe.(most likely)

they could do other things(pirates maybe???) but those are most likely
Hard to say... Sci-fi would be cool as long as it didn't overshadow Starcraft. It would have to be different enough that people weren't left wondering why they didn't just use the Starcraft universe. The modern day (or recent history) setting could be interesting and I'm sure they'd do a good job, but I feel like it would end up being too tame for them unless they really spiced it up with crazy technology or some fantastical adventure. As long as it has a different battle system, I'll be happy. I don't have a problem with WoW's, but that's a big way to make the world seem new and avoid a re-skinned WoW syndrome.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
I'm thinking they'll either make something with steampunk or ships. Preferably of the pirate variety.

James Raynor

Sep 3, 2008
PipBoy2000 said:
Tom Goldman said:
and is apparently based on a new IP.
You sure about that?
Ol' Bobby specifically said they're not too reluctant about creating new IPs...
That's more activision then blizzard. Remember that blizzard bought out activision, not the other way around. So they have more control and freedom.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I hope its more like D&D then other MMOs. I want a REAL MMORPG!! One like hardcore mode from New Vegas! Where you have to accually live your character!

Dont go on 5 hour raids without food and water! 40 feet of rope is an important item to have! And you cant just spam your abilitys!