Secret gaming confessions

Skiz

Apr 30, 2008
I think Halo is one of the most over rated games of all time. [I think all 3 sucks, and yet, I've played all 3 [beaten #2]]

I think FFXII is the WORST game of all time. [crappy story, crappy characters, crappy game.]

I own everything made by NIS. [in english]

Shieldsy

May 1, 2008
My claim to gaming fame amongst my friends was beating Fable TLC in 4hrs 32 minutes. I still play it every so often.

I hate Starcraft, and can't stand Warcraft, yet i was addicted to WoW for over 2 years..i haven't played the game in about 9 months.

I thought Bioshock looked pretty but wasn't what i thought it'd be.

I believe the Halo series was over hyped alot.

I believe that the FF series has gone on too long.

I played DnD (board game) for the first time on monday just passed, and was surprised at how fun it is.

I reckon GTA IV is somewhat average.

I believe that Super Metroid on the SNES is one of the best games ever made.

Cheers

Shieldsy

MrHappy255

Mar 10, 2008
I feel like I wasted my money buying FFXII.
I used to only play atari games on my colecovision.
I love gameshark.
I suck at RTS's but still play them even though I get my ass handed to me by real players and the comp. as well. I love starcraft but man do I suck, my brain cannot do that much at one time.

danosaurus

Mar 11, 2008
Strafe Mcgee said:
Jobz said:
Really? Do you play electric or upright? I've been playing electric for 5 years and I suck at Guitar Hero. I am very good at real bass though, and I'm trying to be modest.
This is odd, seems all us bass players suck at Guitar Hero, I've been playing electric for 3 years just in case anyone cares :p
Strafe Mcgee said:
I play electric, Epiphone Thunderbird. It's pretty, :D. I can get to the last tier of Guitar Hero 3 on expert and I've only ever played it at other people's houses so I think I'm pretty good. I'm not that bad at bass, but I can't play anything really fast like Stockholm Syndrome (Muse). I can play reasonably fast songs like All My Best Friends Are Metalheads (Less Than Jake) or Date Rape (Sublime) but some stuff just seems out of grasp no matter how much I practice.

I owned Guitar hero before my bass, yet i'm fairly apt at both.
I'm a bit of an odd case though, i can only play Guitar hero Left-handed but i play my bass and any RL guitar right-handed? personally i don't think Guitar hero has alot to do with real guitar, there's no need to worry about frets or the like with guitar hero, just hit a button and you're sweet.
I must admit it's good for Hammer-on and Pull-off reflexes though =]

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
I wrecked my mouse against the wall when Alyx got hunter'd in Episode 2.

Then I almost cried at the end. You know what I'm talking about.

I have a screenshot of the exact moment Oblivion stole an entire day of my life.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
TheCakeIsALie said:
Oh, and my big bad is....Clive Barker's Jericho.
Ouch. Thats like admitting to your parents you are gay, a necrophiliac, on/dealing drugs and alcohol, got three girls pregnant, killed five people in a gang fight, burned down the house, and lost their lives savings on your gambling addiction all at the same time

(By the way, I am completely cool with people of the homosexual persuasion. It's just one of those legendary moments with the parents. Please don't misinterpret me)

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
When I was little we had an NES and SNES but I never played them - I just liked to look at the game manuals and read about the enemies and story. I was always disappointed that the characters in-game didn't look as cool as in the manual.

The first games that I seriously played without cheats and walkthroughs were Half-Life and Spyro :p I played the Lucasarts adventures before those but always used walkthroughs, and I played stuff like Doom but with god mode on.

I rarely ever completely finish games. I can make a short list of the games I have beat.

And that was usually on easy (although I have been better about that, now I play on normal)

Who here *didn't* come to the Escapist because of Zero Punctuation?

Perwer

Apr 2, 2008
I've played through KOTOR I and KOTOR II several times going down the same line of story and abilities, because that's the way I always picture my character. You might say it's a waste of time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, i forgot i played through "Clive Barker's : Jericho by Clive Barker".

Traiden

Dec 13, 2007
I am an avid RPer on online MMORPGs, usually setting myself up as a secondary character "The Spear" and force suggestion/mind control my "friends" into the role of the main character "The Sword." (Don't ask me how I do so, I can scarcely explain it to myself.)

MadTix

May 7, 2008
I still play Pokémon, even though I'm 16, and I buy every new game for it.

I enjoy playing Yu-Gi-Oh and Animal Crossing, as well as the Sims 2.

I gave up on Resident Evil 4 after I had been decapitated at least 20 times.

I never played a Final Fantasy game until FF: Tactics Advance came out.

That's it, for now....

EDIT: Oh, I've also never played a Metal Gear game, even though I think Snake is awesome.

crusha_aa

Feb 27, 2008
Who HASNT made lesbians in the sims?

I get bored playing GTA IV for too long, i just have to take a break after a while. I dont know what it is but it just doesnt keep my attention for that long.

Rykan

Mar 5, 2008
I've barely played any of the GTA games. They just aren't fun to me.
I'm 23 and I still play the Pokemon games.
I've had Mass Effect since it came out and I have yet to beat it.
I have yet to beat Oblivion.
I played through Castlevania 64.
I own a Virtual Boy.
And finally.....I bought Daikatana for N64 2 weeks ago.

SADASS

Apr 18, 2008
Hmm..
I like the Dynasty warriors series, but hate the ones set in japan.

My only Console is a Sega Mega Drive II.

I've tried (with limited sucess) to dual boot XP with 3.1 (on a dual core system), just for doom.

Mercilessly overclocked an Acer travel mate 270 in an attepmt to run crysis.(fried the lappie, but i won a bet =D)