Secret gaming confessions

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
Gansasalite said:
I once played Barbie: Secret Agent, and finished it.
And, I've had Mass Effect for 6 weeks now, and still haven't finished it.
And, Im affraid to talk on Live cause of the other players. Stupid, i know.

Oh well.
The talking on Live/PSN bit is true for me too. I also get very nervous while playing online and make lots of mistakes because of the jitters. I can't play more than three rounds of a game online because of the nerves and I get very upset when I foul up in front of people.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
OK, my turn (male, 29):

I don´t like Morrowind and Baldur´s Gate (Yet love Icewind Dale an Planescape)

I had a great time playing Kane & Lynch, Lego Star Wars and Quake 4

I don´t like online multiplayer

I don´t have the endurance to play any MMORPG (I own quite a lot of them and I´m not even playing Guild Wars. And that even without a monthly fee!)

I don´t have any potential to successfully play either a Sims, Sim City or Viva Pinata game

Fightbulb

May 14, 2008
Alphavillain said:
Gansasalite said:
I once played Barbie: Secret Agent, and finished it.
And, I've had Mass Effect for 6 weeks now, and still haven't finished it.
And, Im affraid to talk on Live cause of the other players. Stupid, i know.

Oh well.
The talking on Live/PSN bit is true for me too. I also get very nervous while playing online and make lots of mistakes because of the jitters. I can't play more than three rounds of a game online because of the nerves and I get very upset when I foul up in front of people.
Same here, not having english as a first language isn't helping either.

So, my confessions:

1. I wasted my entire 2007 summer playing Pokemon Pearl. And I regret nothing.
2. I honestly thought all the THPS games were completely awesome, up until Wasteland.
3. I never owned a N64, but I borrowed the NGC version of Ocarina of Time from a friend of mine, and gave up during the first dungeon, I just didn't care for it at all. Which brings me to my next confession...
4. Wind Waker is one of the best games I've ever played. Ever.
5. I spent something close to 250 hours playing SSBM, and I still haven't played SSBB.
6. I'm already bored of GTA IV.
7. I'm completely paranoid about getting bad rep on Live.
8. I'm going to buy a Wii for SSBB. I honestly can't think of a single other Wii game that interests me, so basically, SSBB is going to cost me close to 300 euros.
9. I found Viva Pinata to be an extremely hard and frustrating game.

The Wizard

May 17, 2008
I'm a www.tribalwars.net addict

"I'm going to buy a Wii for SSBB. I honestly can't think of a single other Wii game that interests me, so basically, SSBB is going to cost me close to 300 euros."

The only game I have actually enjoyed on Wii has been Zelda, It was worth it though.

Iron_will

Feb 8, 2008
Jacman413 said:
assassin18 said:
1. I bought Leaf Green Pokemon game and enjoyed it
2. I enjoy Gears of War a bit too much
3. I shed a tear at the end of max payne 2
4. I never give jeanetta the locket in VTMB
5. I enjoy SSBB and Rock Band ... again, a bit too much
6. >_> I thought portal is a bit overrated
YOU TAKE #6 BACK!
*Gasps* Yeah!

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I've been killed by a single persistent headcrab before. From 75 health to nil in 2 minutes and ignorance flat.

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
I've been killed by a single persistent headcrab before. From 75 health to nil in 2 minutes and ignorance flat.
I've been down that road as well. It starts as a minor annoyance because it keeps dodging your shots. Then, when you're down to about 30 health, you start to panic and flail about...I feel your pain.

blank0000

Oct 3, 2007
I'm not sure what wolfenstien really is

I've played Mgs2, mgs3, mgx, mgx2.........but never the original metal gear solid.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
I thought Bioshock was the the worst game ever. The combat was lousy and the storyline was boring. And the only aspect of the game more tired than the voice acting was the setting.
Is what I would say if I was a blasphemic-cocaine-addicted-yellow-bellied-heretic.

(I liked Bioshock and I don't think blasphemic is a word)
Oh, and I never once played Starcraft without cheats (I was 8 OK!)

LuxAeternus

Apr 6, 2008
A friend and I used to play SIMs to fill graveyards (and yes they can down as well as burn)

I never made it past the 1st zombie in RE1 (gamecube remake)

Limasol

Feb 8, 2008
I cried when i completed Final Fantasy 9 (since then i regretted it but it was the first i played at about 12 years old).

When i was 6 i recorded myself "bopping" to the micro-machines racing 2 game. (the tape as since been recorded over and burnt and binned)

I once became a total recluse because i decided that the real world would never be as good as the Final fantasy 10-2 world (or final fantasy 10 without sin and yevon) i literally said nothing and saw almost no-one for about 4 days and finally had a good cry and let it all out to an old tutor of mine.

FoxDiamond

Mar 20, 2008
I haven't played a lot of games that many seem to expect gamers to have played; Deus Ex, any Diablo, any Baldur's Gate, any Final Fantasy, any GTA, any Mortal Kombat, Chrono Trigger, any Resident Evil, any Silent Hill, Bioshock (before that game released I looked at it and thought "hype machine" and never had any interest in it since), and the only reason I play Starcraft is to be the Terrans and train a ghost, because they're so badass.

By the way, does anyone else have a lot of trouble figuring out what is what in the pixelated mess that is Starcraft?

I actually enjoy Gears of War. Not enough to actually buy it, and I hated the single player, but the multiplayer is a lot of fun. Mostly 'cuz of the laughably exaggerated ultraviolence though.

I think Halo 3 is a decently fun game, as well. (Um, does anyone else find Sangheili ["Elites"] kind of... attractive? <.<; )

Call of Duty 4 was way overrated.

assassin18 said:
6. >_> I thought portal is a bit overrated
I agree. It was way fun, had a cool concept, and the humour was good, but it was too short to be *that* good. And the cake stuff is beginning to get old.

EDIT: I think Super Smash Bros. Brawl is actually a lot of fun.