Section 8: Prejudice Drops Onto PSN from Space, New Maps on XBLA

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Section 8: Prejudice Drops Onto PSN from Space, New Maps on XBLA

TimeGate Studios announces PSN release date plus new content for XBLA and PC customers for its budget shooter.

Earlier this year, TimeGate Studios released a fleshed out sequel to its 2009 release Section 8 for only $15 in order to build a strong community, as available now on Xbox Live Arcade [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/interviews/8973-Fighting-the-Prejudice-of-XBLA] and July 27th on the PC, which adds "Desolation" and "Overseer" maps for 320 Microsoft points or around $3.99.

[gallery=390]

TimeGate also announced today that you will be able to buy Prejudice on the PlayStation Network on the 26th for $14.99 (€12.99) as well as some sweet rewards for not getting access as early as your Microsoft brethren. If you download it in the first week of release, you'll get the Blitz Armor Pack and Overdrive Map Pack free of charge, and you might get even more if you act fast:

"The first 1000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to purchase Section 8: Prejudice will receive the exclusive in-game Hunter Armor as well as a free copy of the original Section 8."

Section 8: Prejudice is that rare downloadable game at a budget price that offers just as much, if not more, than a standard $60 boxed game. I had a lot of fun with both the campaign and the multiplayer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8899-Section-8-Prejudice-Review], not the least of which because you can set up bots to play against if you have a bad internet connection - or you don't want to play against douches online.

The strategy of offering a title for a smaller amount of cash than the standard retail price of $60 and then supporting the community with tiny transactions seems to be paying off. Unlike other gamers, I have no problems with microtransactions as long as the product being offered is exceptional.

Source: PSBlog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/13/section-8-prejudice-drops-into-psn-with-some-extra-weight]

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
nice, i need a new MP shooter for my playstation, killzone 3 is slowly getting old(since we don't get new operations maps)

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Nice to see it's doing well, it truly deserves a bigger fanbase.

The map packs however...I bought the first one, and I tend to use the official servers, and there rarely seems to be any servers with dlc maps enabled, and even rarer that they're European servers (not that I ever have much trouble using the US ones) and even rarer that they have the more than three human players required to enable EXP earning. So it's a small thing, but I really hope they provide more official servers with dlc maps.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Sigh, this game definitely need more people on the PC. Only one active server at any given time, sad, considering it's one of the most stable, good looking and fun MP-oriented FPS I played this year, the other being Brink which is a decent game, but definitely poorly ported to the PC.

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
Doclector said:

The map packs however...I bought the first one, and I tend to use the official servers, and there rarely seems to be any servers with dlc maps enabled, and even rarer that they're European servers (not that I ever have much trouble using the US ones) and even rarer that they have the more than three human players required to enable EXP earning. So it's a small thing, but I really hope they provide more official servers with dlc maps.

Do you use the custorm search feature or just quick match? Because reading through the server lists there's usually at least one marked with "DLC" in the name of the server. Generally the people with the DLC packs are playing on that one which is to be expected.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
OctalLord said:
Doclector said:

Do you use the custorm search feature or just quick match? Because reading through the server lists there's usually at least one marked with "DLC" in the name of the server. Generally the people with the DLC packs are playing on that one which is to be expected.
Yeah, I use custom search. There still hardly ever seems to be a dlc server with over 3 players.

reciprocal

Jun 4, 2009
cainx10a said:
Sigh, this game definitely need more people on the PC. Only one active server at any given time, sad, considering it's one of the most stable, good looking and fun MP-oriented FPS I played this year, the other being Brink which is a decent game, but definitely poorly ported to the PC.
Absolutely agree. I honestly don't mind paying for all the DLC map packs but I really want to justify the purchase by getting some play time out of them, which was an issue for several weeks for the first ones.

I really wish there was a bigger uptake on the PC. I've been guilty of ignoring this game of late thanks to the Steam sales and Uber update but honestly looking at the number of players on the Australian servers is a little disheartening (except for when events are scheduled).