Section 8: Prejudice Review

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Can't say no to a price tag like this. The retail price of the first game basically put me off buying it, but if this new installment is basically a refined 'more of the same' for 12-15 bucks, count me in.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
the first game always interested me a bit with its attempt at throwing some new stuff in it for kicks, and this seems better in fact. will definitely check it out once I get through my current library of to-play games...starting to pile up a bit heh

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Wow, when listening to the start of the review, i did not expect such a positive one.
Looks like quite fun, too bad it's only for Xbox.

Babdah

May 25, 2011
Owlslayer said:
Wow, when listening to the start of the review, i did not expect such a positive one.
Looks like quite fun, too bad it's only for Xbox.
It's already on PC & coming to PSN once all the trouble is sorted out.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
archvile93 said:
This seems like a game I'd really like. It's a shame it uses GFWl.
Shoggoth2588 said:
Looks like a must-buy...if only I could connect to Live p.q
Oh god, yes. What little I was able to play of the game was quite engaging, but after the first time I closed the game my GFWL account stuffed up and I've never been able to play it again.

Oh well, at least I only wasted $15 and hopefully I might even be able to fix the problem someday. It's all Microsoft's fault anyway, not Timegate's.

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
Outstanding game, dare I say sleeper FPS of the year, shame I seem to be finding a max of about 10 buggering servers for the game now.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
This game gives you more for $15 than a lot of games give you for $50+. I wish more companies gave thought to their price point, but they probably won't unless Prejudice gives them reason to see it as conferring a competitive advantage.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Wow. Looks pretty neat.
If only it was on PSN.
If only the PS store was back online.

bloob

Feb 10, 2008
Hopefully if this game sells well it will show companies that focusing on gameplay rather than graphics will A) make games cheaper to make. B) make games more fun

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
For the same price as Call of Duty gives you 3 new maps and a couple of ports. Just sayin'...

reciprocal

Jun 4, 2009
I really hope this review will bring more people in the game. It's not the most original idea out there but they have done a lot of things right:
1) Large maps and players
2) Increased mobility via overdrive and drop-ins to get to the action fast
3) Emphasis on player co-op rather than kills (no K/D ratio and you can only really compare when the game ends)
4) No cheap 1-hit kills (others may disagree with this)
5) Unlocks are relatively balanced, with the exception of Pauldrons, which are more of a reward for veterans without being too overpowered (another 4-10% more effectiveness, maybe). Some may argue that Particle Cannons are a bit OP at the moment.
6) Fairly diverse loadouts to experiment with
7) Offline play to practice
8) A fair chunk of weapons can be unlocked offline

Biggest problem right now seems to be the limited number of maps and maybe some design choices but generally I find this game to give as much fun per dollar as TF2. Also it's a small community at the moment in Australia (relatively). Some people accus GFWL of having an effect as well.

Still, I really hope this becomes a success so other companies will consider this as an example of not having to blow everything into an AAA title that costs 4-6 times more.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
I picked this game up the other day, and I'm loving it. The story is like a SciFi Channel Original Movie, which I actually found pretty charming. The voice acting is what you would expect for a cheap game, but aside from this one annoying general it's not all that bad. The AI is better than many AAA shooters out there (though my thoughts may be skewed, since I just finished a solo Legendary run of Halo: Reach), and the multiplayer utilizes these AI to finish out the game roster if you don't have enough people together to fill the 32 player games. Yes, you heard me right: GOOD AI IN MULTIPLAYER ON A CONSOLE.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I dont know... $60 is a lot for this... wait, whats that? Its only $15!? WHERE THE HELL IS MY WALLET!?!?

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Sweet mother of...

Greg, my man: this is the first time I'm seriously considering buying a game on your recommendation. If this pans out I'm going to join the Publisher's Club, because you did a fine job on this one. You and Susan Arendt rock!

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
Ah, I also had assumed it was mostly multi-player focused with single-player shoehorned in with a training mod or bots or something. I will probably pick this up now.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Telperion said:
Sweet mother of...

Greg, my man: this is the first time I'm seriously considering buying a game on your recommendation. If this pans out I'm going to join the Publisher's Club, because you did a fine job on this one. You and Susan Arendt rock!
Thanks, Telperion! I hope you check Prejudice out and enjoy it as much as I did.