Section 8 Sequel Tries New Pricing Strategy

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
$15? oh that's a definite buy for a brand new full fledged game
even if it's crappy...well it wouldn't be one of my worst purchases

Straying Bullet said:
Is this also for the Consoles [ Xbox360 in my case ]?

If so, instant buy for me.
yeah it is, the original Section 8 came out on consoles, but I didn't get much time to check it out

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Is this also for the Consoles [ Xbox360 in my case ]?

If so, instant buy for me.
Article says Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, so I'd guess that it's going to be available on consoles.

tjoris9

Nov 25, 2008
I picked up the first Section 8 on PSN when it was on sale for $15.

They probably were like "@#$%!!! We sold almost no copies of this game! Let's have it put it on sale for $15 on digital download and see whet happens. Holy @#$%!!! We're swimming in money now!"

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Y'know Section 8 wasn't actually that bad in terms of multiplayer. Story was a bit cack but the multiplayer rocked. Just a shame no one was ever online. Plus it was also funny to spawn drop onto an enemy tank and blow up whoever the unlucky driver was.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
tellmeimaninja said:
Section 8 is decent at best.

However, in it's genre, decent warrants nothing more than either borrowing it or getting it for free.
Section 8's problem was indeed that it was decidedly AVERAGE in a sea of slick, highly focused and well designed online FPS's. It's unique spawning mechanic and tribes-esque nature couldn't save it. Nor could it's boring weapons.

But for 15 bucks? Shit. Sure, i'll buy that.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I actually went and Bought the first one. The gameplay was pretty good but Games for Windows Live just ruined the experience for me. If it is £15 and is no longer with GWFL then I would probably give it a shot if not then no.

Baggie

Sep 3, 2009
I like how their entire ad is also a diagram of their marketing strategy.

I also like the price and will definately buy. I might even tell someone else about it at some point.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
TsunamiWombat said:
But for 15 bucks? Shit. Sure, i'll buy that.
It's a more than reasonable approach. Full retail price for an average game in a flooded genre isn't going to fly, as sales of the original Section 8 proved, but $15 for a "decent" game? That's a deal. The way I see it, $15 gets you into a movie and maybe covers part of your corn and drink, or it gets you this game. As soon as you've been playing the game more than two hours, bam, you're ahead. Play it for ten hours? That's a bargoon, son. It's a simplistic way of looking at it, but not invalid.

There are those die-hard leeches who will insist on pirating it (and everything they can) anyway, but fine, whatever, the industry isn't going to reach that demographic unless and until they grow up a bit. But I think a significant portion of the more casual downloading crowd might decide to fork over for this one, just because the price is so low. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it goes when Prejudice is released. I hope it does well, and I hope other studios and publishers take notice.