See Batman: Arkham Origins Gameplay In All Its Glory

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
See Batman: Arkham Origins Gameplay In All Its Glory

Half an hour's worth of heroics, plus voice actor confirmation.

The last few times we've seen anything of Batman: Arkham Origins [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/7505-Batman-Arkham-Origins-E3-2013-Gameplay-Trailer], it hasn't featured gameplay, but this time out you're going to get a ton of bombs, patrols, new villains, martial artists ... everything that makes Batman fun, and a few more things besides. If you're wondering who's the voice behind that mask, Roger Craig Smith - aka Ezio from Assassin's Creed - is the Dark Knight, while BioShock: Infinite's Booker de Witt (Troy Baker), possibly having drunk one too many Vigors, will be the Joker this time out. Mark Hamill's a tough act to follow; here's hoping Baker has it in him to be as good. Though he does seem to have Hamill's touch pretty much nailed, as you'll see here. If the actual gameplay is all you're after, then you can stop after about 17 minutes in, as the remainder of the video is trailer plus a Q&A.

Batman: Arkham Origins takes the Dark Knight back to a much earlier stage in his career, when he was just a couple years into the whole cape-and-cowl shenanigans. Several old friends make their reappearance, Bane and Deadshot among them, but there's some new faces too, like Black Mask. The change in Dark Knight voice actors was deliberate, say the developers. "We went through an exhaustive casting process," said Eric Holmes, "and we really wanted to find someone who represented that young, raw, angry Batman." Meanwhile Troy Baker, the new Joker, is a huge Hamill fan, who understands what the iconic Joker means to the fans.

This one's due out for PS3, Wii U, Xbox 360 and PC in October 2013.

Source: Games HQ Media [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8_qXtlExIs&feature=player_embedded]

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Looks like they didn't muck around with the combat system from the first two games, so I'm happy. First pre-order game in a while that I've felt fully confident about.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Wow his joker is very hamil like maybe even a bit better, loving the gameplay, love the bat suit, looking amazing.

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
I like the look of this Bane. I was not a fan of his look in the previous games.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Guys Batman can now have DBZesque ninja battles. I'm legitimately happy.

Captcha: clean and shiny
This is Gotham, captcha. Anyone else think Captcha was designed specifically as a trolling device?

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Not going to lie; it does look like it's going to be awesome getting around this build of Gotham. So many tall buildings... :D

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
At the end of the preview he announces the other game as Blackman. That amused me. 17mins09seconds. Poor guy.

OT: Game looks good, love the detective stuff. Way more in line with the comics in regards to him being the greatest detective ever.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
It just looks like more of Arkham City. Which is a good thing in my books.

I was originally annoyed by the change of voice actors too, but much like with Metal Gear Solid V, I don't have a problem at all now now I've heard it for myself.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Now is is me or did combat seem to look faster than in the previous games. I've been replaying Asylum and it is nowhere near as fast-paced as in Origin.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I'm still not liking the new Batman voice actor. The Joker's is ok but Bats just doesn't sound right.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
*Boooooom* "And a partridge in a pear tree" xD

At that moment i completely forgot Hamill Isn't doing the voice, so Joker, so funny xD

Looks awesome, its kinda like The Dark Knight Trilogy meets the comics, which is cool.

Rhys95

May 16, 2011
I was somewhat skeptical when I heard this was a prequel made by a different studio than the first two game. This demo has convinced me however, it looks good, I like the new enemies and detective mode. It's clearly not some quick carbon copy of the last game the publishers want while Rocksteady get on with... whatever they're working on

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
CriticalMiss said:
I'm still not liking the new Batman voice actor. The Joker's is ok but Bats just doesn't sound right.
Meh, its not as bad as people thought, with it being a younger-ish voice, i can easily imagine his voice becoming what it is in the previous arkham games

Nokturos

Nov 17, 2009
Wasn't happy that they had a new VA for Joker at first, but this guy is great. Batman's voice might take a bit of getting used to, though.

azriel2422

Jul 19, 2010
Of course I'm gonna play this...however, I thought it important to note that the villain "The Martial Artist's" henchmen look just like the foot clan. That is all

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
I'll go from cynical to cautiously optimistic, having seen that. I loved the hell out of Arkham Asylum/City.

@17:10 - Black Man is coming to Vita? Coool!

NeedsaBetterName22

Jun 14, 2013
GSP66 said:
Well that was actually really, really good. They tweaked the level design to ensure much more fluidity of movement. The ninja opponents look really fun to fight, the detective mode actually looks like a detective mode. Color me intrigued.

Also Troy Baker seems to be filling the shoes Mark Hamill left him quite well. Seriously Joel, Booker De Witt, now the Joker... this guy is on a role.
He's also voicing Revolver Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid 5.