See Batman: Arkham Origins Gameplay In All Its Glory

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
That spokesperson is SO patronising! Grrr!

The game looks amazing and I love the voice actors so I'm very happy.

Hopefully there'll be Harley in there somewhere, or even a Dr Harleen Quinzel if it's set in his beginnings.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
azriel2422 said:
Of course I'm gonna play this...however, I thought it important to note that the villain "The Martial Artist's" henchmen look just like the foot clan. That is all
I want a TMNT Out of the Shadows and Batman crossover now XD.

Game looks good, I have no complaints about anything really, I look forward to exploring Gotham itself and being more of a detective.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
cerebus23 said:
Wow his joker is very hamil like maybe even a bit better, loving the gameplay, love the bat suit, looking amazing.
BLASPHEMY!!! There is no other Joker but Hamil!

My favorite part were the investigation sections. It seems they will be based on at least some deductive skill rather than just scanning and following a trace of crumbs on the ground. For example I would have first scanned the DNA of the pilot investigated the chopper, scavenged the impact site, but the guy who had a bit of inside knowledge went after the tail rotor first. If these investigations increase based in complexity requiring you to actually think and puzzle things together AND if they are available for each assassin after you and a number of side investigations I will be a very happy Batman. Warner Bros Montreal stepped up their game hard and delivered what Rocksteady failed to do between Asylum and City.

Though they will always hold a special place in my heart for making the most awesome riot cop game ever.

If this is the kind of improvement we can expect for each iteration in the Batman Videogame franchise in the future I will not be afraid to see it continue to rise to better itself each time.

Though to be honest.., I lied. My favourite part is the AWESOME song from Transistor in the background. I am sorry the music from Supergiant Games is just too good, there is no competition.

Lurklen

Feb 2, 2010
It looks good but I do kinda think Batman's tech is a little too advanced for this early in his career. I mean the whole point of this game is he's inexperienced and doesn't have all the toys yet. I would have liked him to have to rely a little more on his skils and lower tech solutions, maybe only getting the fancier later in the game.

I'm still totally gonna get it though I loved the last two. Up until those I'd never played a good Batman game. Maybe one day they'll make a good Superman game and wash the foul taste of Superman 64 away.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
chozo_hybrid said:
azriel2422 said:
Of course I'm gonna play this...however, I thought it important to note that the villain "The Martial Artist's" henchmen look just like the foot clan. That is all
I want a TMNT Out of the Shadows and Batman crossover now XD.

Game looks good, I have no complaints about anything really, I look forward to exploring Gotham itself and being more of a detective.
Game 4.

This >must< happen.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I'm a bit disappointed that they kept Batman looking so buff in this game. I was hoping that since it was the start of his career he'd be leaner and more agile off the back of all his training with the League of Shadows, rather than the unstoppable man-mountain he is in the other games.

That small aesthetic quibble aside, this looks pretty fantastic, although for a minute I thought it was the guy who did Duke Nukem doing Bats new voice. Come to think of it, I would not be against that.

Lurklen said:
It looks good but I do kinda think Batman's tech is a little too advanced for this early in his career. I mean the whole point of this game is he's inexperienced and doesn't have all the toys yet. I would have liked him to have to rely a little more on his skils and lower tech solutions, maybe only getting the fancier later in the game.
Yeah, I was hoping for a more bare-bones experience too, like more of a Splinter Cell type thing where he had to rely on his environment and physical strength to take enemies down.

It also messes with the canon: what was wrong with all these awesome crime-solving techniques and gadgets that he didn't still have them around in Arkham Asylum or City.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I was kinda worried how the game was going to play or look at first but seeing this gameplay video has killed those fears entirely. I like how they kept the UI and everything from Arkham City and that they didn't change the fighting all that much. The detective mode looks cool as well with the watch as it happened feature that it has. I also like that it seems to be pretty non-linear too. I like that they aren't forcing players to do the main story first but that we can do side missions first if we want.

May 29, 2011
Do the boss fights suck ass?

Because if they havent fixed that by now Ill seriously start questioning whether or not theyre capable of listening to feedback.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Holy hell... Troy E. Baker actually does a really great Mark Hamill Joker O.O did not see that
coming!
Also, I can accept Chris Fuck-Boulders Redfield?s' Batman voice seeing how it does sound like what the Conroy voice could sounds like if it was coming from a 20 something year old.
Even though we all know young Conroy sounds exactly like current Conroy but oh well.