See Robotoki's Robert Bowling Stop Burglars In Their Tracks

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
See Robotoki's Robert Bowling Stop Burglars In Their Tracks

Unfortunately for the burglars, Bowling works late. Fortunately for Bowling, the burglars weren't armed.

It's been an exciting night for Robotoki's Robert Bowling. Two burglars smashed their way in through Robotoki's glass front door, but Bowling works late, and caught them in the act. The door is the only casualty of the encounter.

The last time [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124512-Robotoki-Panic-Button-Leads-to-LAPD-Raid] Robotoki got into any trouble remotely like this, it was because some unnamed loon pressed a panic button and almost got the LAPD, guns drawn, into a shootout with a life size statue of Call of Duty's Ghost. Looks as though that panic button was a good investment after all.

Robotoki's best known for its Human Element [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118302-Human-Element-to-Use-Real-World-Resource-Gathering] zombie apocalypse survival horror game for Ouya, currently scheduled for a 2015 release.

[instagram=i7-W0pxNsY]

Source: Robert Bowling Twitter [https://twitter.com/fourzerotwo]

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Why would anyone want to break into a video game dev's office. Sure, probably a lot of hardware to haul away but unless you back up to the building with a pickup whatever you can carry away hardly seems worth the hassle.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Exterminas said:
Why would anyone want to break into a video game dev's office. Sure, probably a lot of hardware to haul away but unless you back up to the building with a pickup whatever you can carry away hardly seems worth the hassle.
I bet they had one of these just off camera.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Exterminas said:
Guess they wanted the Mac on the front desk, look like an slim unibody iMac, which were first release at the end of 2012, so should be easy enough to pawn for a good amount, making it worthy of a random breaking and entering without much planning, for some.

Qage

Sep 11, 2013
I don't know why, but I completely misread the title as: "See Robotoki's ROBOT Bowling stop burglars in their tracks!" and was heartily disappointed when no Bowling Robots were on display to apprehend the thieves...

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Qage said:
I don't know why, but I completely misread the title as: "See Robotoki's ROBOT Bowling stop burglars in their tracks!" and was heartily disappointed when no Bowling Robots were on display to apprehend the thieves...
Me, I thought someone stopped burglar with a bowling ball on my first read. =p

vid87

May 17, 2010
Qage said:
Not that exact thought, but I too was expecting heroics via bowling.

Also, someone need to put captions on the robber - he just turns around and climbs back through the door he busted like it was the most casual thing in the world and I want to know what he was thinking:

"...and one leg through the door, and the other, sweet, gonna get me a nice Macboo-ok not happening tonight, and one leg through the door..."

http://the-evan.com/files/grandpa-simpson.gif

Sep 14, 2009
Qage said:
iniudan said:
Qage said:
both of these, had to reread the title 3 times to make sure I understood what was said. the story got less and less awesome as I read on.

OT: stupid thieves being stupid, not much more to say, good on him for ninja jumping down there to show them up.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Exterminas said:
I bet they had one of these just off camera.

Well, he certainly fixed THEIR little red wagon.

*Rimshot*

But yeah, those burglars looked kinda' hokey, didn't they?

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Like many in this thread, I was expecting some slapstick heroics.

I was, however, expecting to see a video of a man rolling his friend Robert into a burglar.

I am very disappointed.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Qage said:
Precisely what I read. I was so excited to see a robot stop a crime, I felt like I was in the future.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
iniudan said:
Qage said:
I was disappointing to have thought this and realized it wasn't the case :c

Qage

Sep 11, 2013
Baldry said:
Qage said:
Precisely what I read. I was so excited to see a robot stop a crime, I felt like I was in the future.
I know right, instead it's a semi inspiring article, rather than one where Robots are free to stop criminals with bowling balls.