See Spider-Man in the New Homecoming Trailer

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
See Spider-Man in the New Homecoming Trailer

<youtube=xrzXIaTt99U>

Spider-Man comes home in his solo MCU debut.

Another day, another Captain America: Civil War [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/spider-man][/i] role as Peter Parker, a high schooler who becomes the superhero Spider-Man.

The story this time around, judging just from the trailer, will see Parker fight against Vulture (Robert Downey, Jr. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/michael+keaton]), tell him to let them handle it. So, two conflicts for our hero. Fun!

Look, a lot has been made about the deal between Disney [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/sony] in order to get Spider-Man into the MCU. But will it make for a good movie? In the small doses we got in Civil War, it worked. It remains to be seen whether or not that translates when dealing with a full movie, but my fingers are definitely crossed.

Spider-Man: Homecoming hits theaters on July 7, 2017.

[gallery=6663]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
If you look reeeaaally carefully you'll spot a subtle cameo from Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark in that trailer.

It's super subtle though, blink-and-you'll-miss-it stuff.

Anyway, personally not feeling this one at all.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
Adrian Toomes has always felt like the most sinister villain name. I hope that is the one they are using.

I hate Mary-Jane 'Albatross' Watson. Always will. She is the worst civilian marvel character and a horrible girlfriend.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
I hope he stops saying "this is awesome" at some point. He has already managed to wear the phrase thin in the mere 30 minutes of screentime he has had in the MCU thus far. It's nice to finally have the Vulture as a villain and i hope they get it right, especcially considering how Sam Raimi was blocked from using him in spider man 3 by Sony. Also, i hope Mary Jane is something other than just a person who complains at spider man inbetween his action scenes or someone who only exists to get captured.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
It weird they are giving him Miles' best friend Ganke. He even breaks a lego set finding out his friend has spider powers like in Ultimate.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I think it will be good. Marvel essentially has control over the story of the movie, that was the failing of the two "Amazing" movies.

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
008Zulu said:
I think it will be good. Marvel essentially has control over the story of the movie
That means nothing. Civil War and BvS were huge letdowns, while Deadpool and Ninja Turtles 2 were the only great comic book movies of the year.

XtremeMuffin

Dec 16, 2009
Looks fine, just like the other Marvel movies. I'm just getting a little tired of villains in robot suits.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
A little too much Tony Stark but he's mentoring Peter. This might bite him in the butt later. Having Keaton in there gives the film a bit of gravitas, so long as he plays the role a bit more serious than he did "Need for Speed". What's with these award-winning actors cropping up in the hero movies? Sure Keaton started the trend but Anthony Hopkins is in Transformers now! Oh and hey, this dropped onto the youtubes today also -

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It look more promising than the previous "Amazing" trailers.

Still I wonder what is stopping Tony from stomping on the Vulture but I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
As much as I'm sure it'll be good, I can't stand High School movies/dramas. Its always sooooo cartoonishly over the top, like what 40 year olds watching HS movies written by 35 year olds think 15 year olds are like.
Oh wow, a jock who's also a bully and the on again/off again boyfriend of the hot girl. Oh, a nerdy goth girl who thinks the two nerds are losers for liking the attractive girl. Bet there's no way she falls for the fat sidekick, or the fat sidekick goes in for a kiss and whoops, she's a lesbian.

Its like the people who write this crap never went to high school, and just watched the Karate Kid and My Science Project over and over for 4 years.

Living_Brain

When in doubt, overclock
Feb 8, 2012
American Fox said:
Civil War [was a] huge letdown,
Lmao what? Civil War was one of the best goddamn movies. The way it handled interpersonal conflict and positions was very well crafted. All their arguments had nuance and I couldn't decide on a side myself. It was also just a great feeling to watch.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
American Fox said:
008Zulu said:
I think it will be good. Marvel essentially has control over the story of the movie
That means nothing. Civil War and BvS were huge letdowns, while Deadpool and Ninja Turtles 2 were the only great comic book movies of the year.
>Ninja Turtles 2
>great comic book movie.

Surely, you can't be serious.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Silentpony said:
As much as I'm sure it'll be good, I can't stand High School movies/dramas. Its always sooooo cartoonishly over the top, like what 40 year olds watching HS movies written by 35 year olds think 15 year olds are like.
Oh wow, a jock who's also a bully and the on again/off again boyfriend of the hot girl. Oh, a nerdy goth girl who thinks the two nerds are losers for liking the attractive girl. Bet there's no way she falls for the fat sidekick, or the fat sidekick goes in for a kiss and whoops, she's a lesbian.

Its like the people who write this crap never went to high school, and just watched the Karate Kid and My Science Project over and over for 4 years.
Awful lot of judgment coming from someone who hasn't seen the film.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Kenbo Slice said:
Silentpony said:

Awful lot of judgment coming from someone who hasn't seen the film.
I meant in general. High School movies always follow the same formula and its a bad example of what High school life is actually like.
And I guess you missed the part where I said "I'm sure it'll be good"

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
Looks very watchable. No surprise, Marvel has yet to make a bad movie.
I'm not impressed though. The "Hulk gave it away" comment was legit funny and in character.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
I'm still not entirely sure who's really pulling the strings on this one. Is it Marvel Studios? Because it seems to have about four hundred writers... which isn't particularly encouraging, and doesn't generally match 'the Marvel [Studios] method'.

I swear Sony and Fox seem to think it's still the early 2000's of comicbook films, so they need to have as little input on--- well, anything ever as possible... The MCU may eventually go off the rails or descend into abject mediocrity--- *pause for wacky remarks about them being there already* ---but they don't need any help getting there.

Stupidity said:
Looks very watchable. No surprise, Marvel has yet to make a bad movie.
I'd say Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 make a case for being bad films, or at least deeply, profoundly unremarkable and flawed. See also the Hulk film no one bothers to remember or count as part of the MCU.