See Spider-Man in the New Homecoming Trailer

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
That means nothing. Civil War and BvS were huge letdowns, while Deadpool and Ninja Turtles 2 were the only great comic book movies of the year
Wow started well by mentioning Deadpool and then fell over and broke both legs by mentioning Turtles 2.

Ahhh so in the space of a week we have had GOG2 trailer and a new Spiderman trailer and while GOG2's trailer killed it Homecomings was actually alright.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Great trailer. A little bit of wee came out. I like that they borrowed Miles best friend Ganke, it works for a young spiderman.

I would have prefered Miles to Peter but I can already hear the complaints that SJW's ruined spiderman movies so Peter is a safer bet.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
It was a decent trailer. Not a huge fan of how much Stark is in the movie, but oh well. Maybe he's not in it that much and this is just to sell a bunch more tickets.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
American Fox said:
That means nothing. Civil War and BvS were huge letdowns, while Deadpool and Ninja Turtles 2 were the only great comic book movies of the year.
Seriously, Ninja Turtles 2 was a great comic book movie?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I hate to say it, but this should have been released before GotG2 trailer. There's no way it can compare to that recent trailer. It's just too good and quotable.

Not to say this was a bad trailer. Though, I think I can see the plot. Peter is hoping to be an official Avenger and hero, only to have Tony tell him to lay low, even despite the events in Civil War, or maybe because of them. Peter will try to live a normal life as much as a super-genius kid who can bench 10 tons, climb walls, and sense everything around him at all times can. Only to have Vulture start to cause trouble. Tony won't, or can't, act (maybe because Vulture is too small a threat?) and Peter will take it upon himself to fight.

Seem about right?

Silentpony said:
As much as I'm sure it'll be good, I can't stand High School movies/dramas. Its always sooooo cartoonishly over the top, like what 40 year olds watching HS movies written by 35 year olds think 15 year olds are like.
Oh wow, a jock who's also a bully and the on again/off again boyfriend of the hot girl. Oh, a nerdy goth girl who thinks the two nerds are losers for liking the attractive girl. Bet there's no way she falls for the fat sidekick, or the fat sidekick goes in for a kiss and whoops, she's a lesbian.

Its like the people who write this crap never went to high school, and just watched the Karate Kid and My Science Project over and over for 4 years.
Seems more like you have issues with an overuse of Tropes in high school films. I can't say for certain whether this film will use such Tropes or not, but I feel your pain.

Darth Rosenberg said:
I'd say Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 make a case for being bad films, or at least deeply, profoundly unremarkable and flawed. See also the Hulk film no one bothers to remember or count as part of the MCU.
I'd argue that Iron Man 2 was at least entertaining enough to watch. It may have been one of the weaker Marvel films, but it's still miles ahead of MoS and BvS. I can't really comment on Thor 2.

bjj hero said:
Great trailer. A little bit of wee came out. I like that they borrowed Miles best friend Ganke, it works for a young spiderman.

I would have prefered Miles to Peter but I can already hear the complaints that SJW's ruined spiderman movies so Peter is a safer bet.
Now that you mention it, I'm almost surprised they didn't use Miles instead of Peter, if only to differentiate these films from the ones Sony made (you know there will be people who think this is part of the Amazing Spiderman movies). Plenty of other elements of these movies has been borrowed from the Ultimate universe (Nick Fury). I suppose it's just the fact that Peter is more recognizable in the eyes of most people who aren't familiar with the comics.

Apr 17, 2009
Saltyk said:
bjj hero said:

Now that you mention it, I'm almost surprised they didn't use Miles instead of Peter, if only to differentiate these films from the ones Sony made (you know there will be people who think this is part of the Amazing Spiderman movies). Plenty of other elements of these movies has been borrowed from the Ultimate universe (Nick Fury). I suppose it's just the fact that Peter is more recognizable in the eyes of most people who aren't familiar with the comics.
That or doing Peter first means they can switch to Miles if Tom Holland ever wants out of his contract. Got to think ahead about replacing actors when they move on from Marvel

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
American Fox said:
It weird they are giving him Miles' best friend Ganke. He even breaks a lego set finding out his friend has spider powers like in Ultimate.
I would have rather had Miles, but I think Marvel feels people want to see Peter for some weird reason. They're still doing Teenaged Spidey, so it's a step in the right direction.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
RedDeadFred said:
It was a decent trailer. Not a huge fan of how much Stark is in the movie, but oh well. Maybe he's not in it that much and this is just to sell a bunch more tickets.
I find myself saying this with almost every movie Robert Downey Jr. is in.

People give Thor 2 crap but at least it didn't have Stark in it. Maybe I'm just bitter because I hate Tony Stark.

In any case, this already looks better than almost anything from Amazing Spider-Man. I like Michael Keaton so mmmmmaybe he can pull it off?

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
No wonder that thread in Off-Topic didn't gain any traction. I'll copy-paste my thoughts:

The material in the trailer looks fine. Maybe more Iron Man than I'd expect, but otherwise unsurprising. The editing however is so super damn generic at this point that it makes me want to claw my eyes out. Also that "homecoming" font... striking to say the least.

Took a look at the cast list... Parker is supposed to be 15? Whut? At least give the guy a pizza-face! He doesn't look 15 at all. And of course some Disney Channel pop singer/actress is playing a character that's "very smart, very intellectual, always in her books." Good luck with that.