Sega Brings Zombie Apocalypse to Yakuza

TLatshaw

Aug 30, 2010
DiscoAtThePanic said:
This is not a news article, its marketing. If you want to market games for your advertisers, put it in a Marketing column, not News. Its not News.
If it was advertising, wouldn't Sega have given them all of this news straight-up so they wouldn't have had to grab it from 1UP?

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
A zombie game that is just set in a city and not an apocalyptic senario?! Count me in! Awesome!

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
You know, I'd prolly have some interest in the Yakuza series if it wasn't for Sega America butchering the games when they release them here and not including the Japanese voice-tracks. >_>

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Well...This do sound a little interesting but i will get Dead Rising 2 instead if this will be realeasd outside of Japan that is.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Le Tueur said:
I think by 2020 every game that comes out will contain zombies.
This is what im thinking as well.. Zombies will be as a normal part of any game as multiplayer is..

Whats next? "My little Pony: Zombie edition" Would not surprise me..

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
StriderShinryu said:
Ugh.. *yawn* Serious or not, zombies are so overused these days.
Indeed, the very premise of zombies has become a bit too hackneyed. I mean really, zombies no matter what, leaves me asking "again?" I'd rather see vampires or something entirely made up inspired by horror creatures/myths if we had to go with the Halloween monster route.
A vision of Yakuza in a three way battle with Godzilla and a small group of the thing from The Thing flashed before my eyes.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
StriderShinryu said:
Ugh.. *yawn* Serious or not, zombies are so overused these days.
I agree. It was cool in Nazi Zombies, but it's proven to be another case of "everybody copy the new guy". It's been done with "dark and edgy" and Bullet Time and zombies have become the newest casualty.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
TLatshaw said:
At least it's not Sonic with zombies.
Robots can be zombies in a way... Just mind controlled.

I never played the other Yakuza games. If this were the last game of the series, I'd have to say that it is an interesting way to bring it to an end... xD

Feb 13, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Think of it like this: What if Rockstar came out with a sequel to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-Andreas-Playstation-2/dp/B000EHQDA0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284522660&sr=8-2] that pitted Carl against a city full of zombie gangsters? It'd be pure awesome, that's what.
I can out awesome that.

Tommy Vercetti vs The Lost Boys. Hairstyles in FULL EFFECT!

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Sega's really been screwing up this year at TGS. First announcing that Valkyria Chronicles 3 is going to be on the PSP, now ruining Yakuza with zombies.

I think it doesn't need to be said but Sega, I am disappoint.

Talon_Skywarp

Aug 2, 2010
Oh I remember 8 years ago when no one cared about zombies. *sigh* another thing people have stolen from me...

OT- Yakuza can do whatever it wants and I will still buy it. I love them. Plus, if you played it, zombies could be fun, given yakuza's over the top combat.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
I fucking love zombies, but not once have I seen them implemented into games the way they should be.

Where is the World War Z of video games?