Sega Brings Zombie Apocalypse to Yakuza

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Ugh. Wh ruin what is a good series of games with some overused tripe? I mean honestly, the Yakuza games are so refreshing and now they're going to just throw zombies in for the hell of it? I'm not saying it can't work, but why bother?

oranger

May 27, 2008
If its done right, this'll be all win.
And you know what? I have yet to get bored with zombies. EVER.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Unrulyhandbag said:
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
StriderShinryu said:
Ugh.. *yawn* Serious or not, zombies are so overused these days.
Indeed, the very premise of zombies has become a bit too hackneyed. I mean really, zombies no matter what, leaves me asking "again?" I'd rather see vampires or something entirely made up inspired by horror creatures/myths if we had to go with the Halloween monster route.
A vision of Yakuza in a three way battle with Godzilla and a small group of the thing from The Thing flashed before my eyes.
That's what I'm talking about! Zombies/Infected are so played out, let's get some monsters!
How many other big-name games have an open world, guns, gangsters, and creatures? As much as I detest the movie, bloody Cloverfield would make a more interesting enemy than more zombies.

Zombies are to Fantasy/Horror/Action games as Stars are to Mario...

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
I want to say somethign right now.

I, as a gamer, Will never, Ever, EVER be tired of Zombies.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
I've always been amazed at the recurring zombie phase entertainment media falls into repeatedly(usually starts with film or goth comics). I've always felt they were the weakest of mythical monsters. I also find it odd how decent zombie games like left 4 dead expanded the zombie menace into something respectable and the best thing most other companies can do to jump on the undead bandwagon is the classic stumbling zombies with a runner here or there to spice things up.