Sega Buys Atlus Parent Company Index Holdings

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Now let's wait for "Personic 5"

The internet never fails to surprise.

OT: The only question really burning in my mind is if the new Sega Dream Corp. is going to essentially be the same as Index was, leaving Atlus in the same position they were in to begin with, or if Atlus is going to be answering to Sega, the publishing team.

Atlus continuing to have free reign is pretty much the best-win scenario we could hope for, but answering to Sega could have... mixed results. Either way, I await more information and have a tentatively positive opinion of this development as I currently understand it.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Pandalisk said:
Sega pretty much has control of all the properties i love. I'm afraid, so very, very afraid
What's the worst that could happen? It's not like Sega has a history of running franchises into the ground by releasing shameless sequel after shameless sequel, all of them failing (despite sometimes trying) to capture the heart and spirit of what make the franchise so fun in the first place. Oh... wait.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
l3o2828 said:
I give up on the Gaming Industry.
I Simply do.

SEGA is a piece of shit company and they will for sure never localize any Atlus games, and if they do they are gonna be in Shit consoles like the WiiU and Whatever the fuck Nintendo comes up with next.

I hate you gaming industry.
I really do.
Saga Sammy are the owners of Saga. They normally let their studios to operate how they like, so it's probable that not alot will change. Unfortunately only time will tell, but I'm optimistic for now, it's the better place they could have landed.

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
So little faith guys, I understand that Sega Sammy has had a shady past, but lets let time unfurl and see what happens, who knows, this could be the start of a beautiful thing.