Sega Promises Internet Fame for Supporting Sonic 4

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
I heard that this is a prequel to "Sonichu".

I bet Ian Brandon Something will be all over this game and buy all four just to help his love quest.

Reagus

Apr 1, 2009
I wonder what "proof" you have to give them in order to get the various shout outs and video mentions....

Because I am sure I could grab people who are buying various versions of the game and say "Look, heres me buying them all" and get a shout out for all of us saying we all chipped in to buy all the copies together.

Probably wouldn't work, but i'm pretty sure someone out there will exploit this, even though theres very little to gain. Parring ofc destroying the whole stupid concept of this, which i'm depressed I was actually tempted by for a moment,

Tears of Blood

Jul 7, 2009
I would do this, for sure, but I can't get all four since I don't have an iPhone, I have an EVO, which works off of the Android operating system and has the same app market.

*Sadface*

darkszero

Apr 1, 2010
Why no PC version through Steam? I'd like it more than playing it on my Wii. =[
(Hell, even an Android version would be cool also, but not as much as a PC version)

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Let's do it guys.
I want 50,000 people to do this just so Sega needs to make a day long video listing off shout outs.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
I... don't get the point of buying the same fucking game on multiple consoles. But it is making me rather suspect now.

llamastorm.games

Apr 10, 2008
I'm going to get the xbox360 version IF i got another it would be the iPhone version, the promise of internet stardom doesnt sway me much.

Although if we all spend rakes on Sonic and make Sega a cash pile to shame even Nintendo they might create a nice Shenmue III for us because they'll be rolling in the monies.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
And if people really go crazy and buy Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, and iPhone/iPad, they'll get all of the above and a special video shout-out from Sega employees that will be posted on YouTube and Sega's websites. So if you've got a spare $55 laying around, go for it.
Considering that it's the same game, how is any of that an incentive for throwing away money on Sega's thousandth attempt at reviving their dead hedgehog in the eyes of fans?

And if anything, I'd be positively embarrassed to have a youtube shout-out dedicated to how I foolishly bought the same game four times so that my theoretical PS3/360/Wii lineup doesn't have an Entertainment Center War to short-circuit (and red-ring) one other out of jealously over the glory of who gets Sonic 4! Then heaven forbid that theoretical apple platform catches wind of any of those three getting Sonic 4, but not Mr. iPrat! Why, if we neglect him, then our music files will all be deleted...

I have an even better idea for Sega: Why not make One Sonic game that doesn't suck and is actually worth $55 in the first place? [footnote]Not that I'm saying Sonic 4 will be good or bad, but it only feels sensible to be wary of Sega + Sonic. After all, it's not as though history doesn't have a say on this matter. [/footnote]

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
No Steam support? Not even remotely interested.

Nice gesture though, in a really creepy "Buy our shit more than once!" way.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
So I read the headline, and then the details...

(pondering)

Wait so their definition of internet fame is...

(thinking)

It sounds so ridiculous, but it has to make sense somehow...

(contemplating)

(ERROR... ERROR... 1.e+100... CANNOT DIVIDE BY ZERO...)

This makes as much sense as the first year of Spike TV's video game awards. Who comes up with these prizes?

SelectivelyEvil13 said:
I have an even better idea for Sega: Why not make One Sonic game that doesn't suck and is actually worth $55 in the first place? [footnote]Not that I'm saying Sonic 4 will be good or bad, but it only feels sensible to be wary of Sega + Sonic. After all, it's not as though history doesn't have a say on this matter. [/footnote]
I second that motion. It makes a lot more sense.

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
Well, I don't have any of those. What price minor internet stardom? Let's find out...

Base 360: $199.99
Base PS3: $299.99
Base Wii: $199.99
Base iPod Touch: $229.00
Sonic 4 (4 copies): $55.00

Grand Total: $983.97 (tax not included)

Hmm. Thanks, but no thanks, Sega. If this thing hasn't been torn to shreds by the time (or if you ever) you release the PC version, then you can get back to me.

Until then, my Genesis awaits.

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
Internet fame is at the bottom of the fame ladder. In fact it goes like this;

Bottom of the fame ladder:
Reality TV star
Serial Killer
Internet Famous

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Digikid said:
Diligent said:
Why? Why pay money for the exact same thing more than once?
" A Fool and his Money are soon Parted "

Pretty much says it all.
Also triples their profit margins and guarantees them more money in an easy step.

Seems really obvious that they are really saying "give us triple the ammount of money you pay by buying the game 3 times!".

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
You don't even get one second of internet fame because noone, absolutely noone will ever read through the "special sticky" or watch a video of some SEGA employee reading off 50000 names.
The only thing you get is a wierd entry whenever someone bothers to do a background check on you.
Good luck on getting a key position in any major company, your future employer will love to see how responsibly you handle money!

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Hmmmm...
I do have enough change laying around to buy the game several times, but I don't think I have enough to buy a PS3, a Wii, an IPhone and an IPad right now...
[sup]Damn Apple being so expensive![/sup]