Sega Says No Valkyria Chronicles III For Western Gamers

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
yeah, well, sega is a bunch of jerks anyways. I haven't fully forgiven them for droping the shinning force 3 trilligy. Give us part 1 of 3, and never finish??

Then the dreamcast...

now this... (not that i accually care that much, but, my sister loves them VC games and accually bought a PSP for VC2...)

So whatever. To heck with them. HECK I TELL YOU!?!

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
They should've made VC2 for the PS3. Them making it for the PSP was what turned away so many fans in the first place.

Wolfbane_Daoine

Mar 2, 2011
Bought VC2 at launch, loved it. Still play it every once and a while, though that might change since I just started Tactics Ogre. :)

Hopefully somewhere down the line when they're desperately hungry for free money Sega'll throw a quick translated port our way. At least then it'll probably come with all the dlc/extras included.

makano

Nov 23, 2009
Like to say a big fuck you to Sega first you push the furry fan's from sonic on us then pull this shit i got Vc 1 and 2 i like them both.

I also ain't forgot what you did with shenmue you twats.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
Sega Says No Valkyria Chronicles III For Western Gamers

It looks like we won't be seeing the new Valkyria Chronicles game in the States, and it's all your fault.

Straight up, I kinda hate you guys sometimes. You kids with your MTV and your Facebook, you can't appreciate the truly good things in life. Things like Sega's gorgeous Valkyria Chronicles strategy-roleplaying series.

"Oh, but we do appreciate it Nex!" I hear you shouting at your monitor. No, obviously you don't. Otherwise Sega would be localizing Valkyria Chronicles III for the English-speaking world, instead of giving Japanese gamers one more awesome title to gloat about.

Gamespot reports:

During a recent interview in Singapore, Sega's team manager of console sales team Hiroshi Seno confirmed that the game would not be localized due to the PSP platform not being popular and well-liked in North America and Europe. He also said that localizing the title for English-speaking audience would require past games of that franchise to sell a particular amount of quantities; he added that Valkyria Chronicles II did not sell enough to justify localization costs.

Yeah, see? Sega would love to bring the game to the US, but you people didn't buy enough copies of Valkyria Chronicles II. Sega said, "hey guys, here's a rad new strategy game for the PSP," and I was like, "yay!" and you guys were like, "meh." and now I don't get to play the sequel.

"But Nex, it wasn't just us. There were probably lots of other people who ignored Valkyria Chronicles II also!" you mumble, shamed by your own indifference. Yes, probably, but I can't belittle them publicly, now can I?

It's like Edmond Burke never said, "The only thing necessary for Sega to totally ruin my day, is you jerks failing to buy their videogames."

I swear, this is just like the Dreamcast all over again.

Source: Gamespot [http://www.gamespot.com/psp/strategy/valkyria-chronicles-iii-unrecorded-chronicles/news/6339405/valkyria-chronicles-iii-not-coming-to-us-and-europe]

Sure publishers, just blame the customers for your bad buisness decisions. I'm looking at both Sega and Capcom, as Capcom is one of the biggest offenders...

Sega took a great and popular PS3 game and decided to put it on PSP only from now on. PSP isn't nearly as popular outside of japan, so they lose a lot of potential customers because of that already.

Next they decide to set it in a High School, one of the most overused settings ever. And frankly not fitting a war setting at all.

Last they replace VC1 giant and unique maps with dozens of copy+paste maps.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
Sega said:
Hey guys, you want a sequel to one of the best PS3 exclusives ever? Alright, well, instead of keeping it on a system people tend not to pirate on, we'll put it on a system 90% of the owners will admit to pirating, due to the ease of use and size of games. Oh what's that? The pirates didn't buy our games in large amounts? The story is predictible and cliched compared to the first? Oh, shit, well fuck you guys then. We'll keep our steampunk Wild Bunch and unique gameplay innovations to ourselves, fuck you guys. All you get is Sonic Generations.
This is pretty much how I feel about this. Why don't we just go and blame Sega for making the sequel on a handheld console that NO ONE CARES ABOUT. If this had been on the PS3, like the amazing original game, then I would be there buying it along with the second. WTF Sega? Don't go blaming the consumer for YOUR stupid business model.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
Bought the second at release and I'm equally aggravated that three won't be released here, given that it was supposedly a return to form.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I loved the first Valkyria Chronicles.

The second one was... alright. But in my opinion, in terms of characters and story it didn't live up to the first game. It did however improve the gameplay in quite a few aspects. Except for when it comes to grinding for credits. That was really bad.

Really though, I guess the only way people would buy more copies of VC2 would be if the game was re-released for the PS3. Although I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Didn't they initially move to the PSP so that it would be cheaper and therefore be able to bring it to North America regardless of sales (to a certain extent, of course)?

It's a shame, and now I don't get to play Valkyria Chronicles III, which I'd take over a new Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty or Uncharted any day. The first Valkyria Chronicles is still my favourite PS3 game, and of my PSP games, Valkyria Chronicles II is more fun than all of the rest (granted, that's out of 6 or so title -- not exactly a great selection).

Shame. I really wanted to play III.