Sequels everyone wants but stupid companies won't make

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
How about sequels that everyone hates, but stupid companies keep making?

*cough*sims*cough*

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
The Ruler of Nosgoth said:
Painkiller 2.
Timesplitters 4!!!
F' YEAH!!

Let's just pray that CryTek UK manages to keep the licence so that one day, I will be killing dinosaurs armed with a Rocket Launcher as a ninja-monkey once again.

Portkins

May 27, 2008
Jaccer1 said:
Bungie said they wouldn't, but of course they will make halo 4.
And they are retarded if they do not.
I hope to god that doesn't come to fruition...

AutumnGold

Apr 2, 2009
BakaSmurf said:
GoldenSun 3. I WANT MY CLOSURE DAMMIT!!!
orannis62 said:
The Iron Ninja said:
I'm sorry, but did you just put the words "Stupid companies", "Won't make" and "sequels" into the same sentence?

I think the need for original content far outweighs the need for more companies to continue doing nothing but making sequel after sequel.
Exactly. I want Psychonauts 2, but I'd prefer that Shaffer do exactly what he is: working on new IPs like Brutal Legend.
golden sun 3 is well over due and psychonauts 2 would be amazing

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
RobotoWorks said:
If they don't make a Mario Party 9, I will literally go mental.
I lol'd

KOTOR III. Jesus H. Christ, KOTOR III. Not this MMORPG shit. No one cares. I want MOAR!

Spadly

Jul 9, 2008
I personally would like a sequel to XIII, which looks like it's never going to happen :(
I'm looking forward to No More Heroes 2, now it's been confirmed, NMH is the only really good game I have on the Wii.
I'd quite like another Driver done right, more like Driver2, but I guess GTA has pretty much filled that gap.

Did Kula World ever get a sequel? That'd be quite cool, 13 years later, done properly, on a new-gen console, although I've never met anyone who beat the original game.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
DoctorNick said:
Darkside360 said:
Homeworld 3 PC
This.

I'm also tempted to say another REAL Fallout game (zing!), but that just seems a little petty considering that I did enjoy the hell out of Fallout 3.
They actually are making Fallout: New Vegas, and it's being co-developed by Bethesda and Obsidian Entertainment (which was created when their old studios were shut down...known as Black Isle)

Obviously, I have very high hopes for it. :)

Anyway, on topic. Tachyon the Fringe.

Feb 25, 2009
A sequel to Gun would be awesome. Also Prey 2, that was one of the trippiest games I've ever played.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Legacy of Kain. Just one more go!! PLEEAASEE i'd kill for a next gen Kain. No pun intended >:D

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
The Iron Ninja said:
I'm sorry, but did you just put the words "Stupid companies", "Won't make" and "sequels" into the same sentence?

I think the need for original content far outweighs the need for more companies to continue doing nothing but making sequel after sequel.
I disagree to a point. Yes original content is incredibly important, but sequels to genuinely good games would not be a fruitless endeavor. You seem to make it seem like we get either one or the other, sequels or original games, but that simply isn't true. What companies need to do is find a good balance between sequels and new games.

As for the actual question, Azure Dreams is the only one I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there are more I'm just not remembering now.