Sequels You Liked to Games You Didn't

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
uhddh said:
Fallout New Vegas. OK yes, I did start with Fallout 3.

I would say Skyrim>Oblivion, but I played Morrowind and that precedes both of them.
*gets down on one knee holding a ring* will you marr-

uhddh said:
Mass Effect 2&3 tower over ME1.
you are dead to me

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Resident Evil 4.

Every game before it was just a pain to play (And no, i don't let those awful controls slide because it creates "more tension" or some bull****). Eventually picked up the PS2 Port after everyone and thier mothers told me how great the game is, and i guess they happened to be right.
(Actually, i also kinda liked Resident Evil 5...for me the series was hardly ever creepy anyways, so no loss there)

Also, Burnout 2.

I didn't hate Burnout 1, but it was a mostly unremakable Arcade Racer with unforgiving Time Limits (i HATE those in Racing Games, and even though BO2 had those too, you had to actually put some effort into failing them, so that didn't matter). Burnout 2 was just so much greater and more fun, and eventually the series reached perfection with Burnout 3 (Revenge and Paradise and the PSP one were alright too, but just not AS good)

an874 said:
As for me, I really liked Gears of War 2, as well as 3, but I thought the first one was kinda shit.
Have you played the games alone?
Just asking because Gears of War 1 is pretty horrible when playing alone, but is quite fun in CoOp.

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
spartandude said:
uhddh said:
Fallout New Vegas. OK yes, I did start with Fallout 3.

I would say Skyrim>Oblivion, but I played Morrowind and that precedes both of them.
*gets down on one knee holding a ring* will you marr-

uhddh said:
Mass Effect 2&3 tower over ME1.
you are dead to me
*phew* I was worried for a second.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
Kingdom Hearts 2.

I admit to not liking the original game for several reasons, however, the 2nd installation, despite the bad beginning, was, imo, one of the better games I have ever played, plus, it had Auron in it.