Serial Killer Round 39: Return of the Doubles Round (Cycle 12: We Have A Winner!)

Moros

Nuclear Zombie
Jan 25, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong but there are three people and four unconfirmed roles. Is someone dead not labeled with a role or is there only one spy? It's been nagging at the back of my head for awhile.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
@Ynnek: Yeah, it's been sort of bothering me, too. <_<

@CA: I'd like the think that the thread would implode into a 404 error out of sheer "what-the-fuckery." xD

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
@Ynnek/WarP: I believe this note in the OP will cover it.

Small Announcement: In light of the Priest role being introduced, courtesy of Link_to_Future, GMs will no longer announce to the entire thread whether or not the recently deceased had a role. The lone exception is the killer, which is kinda necessary to end the round.
I will confirm who had which roles when the round ends.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
The stuff you learn when trying to figure out how to flood the earth. I learned that the polar ice caps don't have enough water to cause any real bad flooding so that's one idea for my RP that's gone. Science is so unforgiving.

staika

Aug 3, 2009
@Schizzy: Yeah according to these different sites the sea level would only rise about 61 meters.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
@Malyc: Well, I could also just be trolling you guys in a last ditch effort to make this thread interesting.

I'll let you be the judge for now. :p

@Medic: My guess is that if it wasn't Ynnek, then it had to have been Sonora. Round eight was the last time where my kills were blocked twice. I then ended up taking out War for the first time and then we executed Sonora. After that round, I never encountered another Medic save.

I was surprised when War wasn't protected by the remaining medic, but I took it in stride. It would make sense if War had been left unprotected simply because the medic was dead.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
@staika: Hmmm... that puts all the cool bits in Malaysia underwater :(

I'm all for global freezing now.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
@Link: what exactly quantities interesting to you, if u need to pretend to be the killer to make it such?

Enough shenanigans have happened to blow my definition outta the water...

staika

Aug 3, 2009
@Schizzy: Well if you boil water and then throw it into a freezing place then you can make snow! Interesting stuff you find while trying to figure out how to flood the earth XD

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
@Link: You bastard... and I trusted you!

@Schizzy: But it also puts Florida under water... and I'm okay with that. :p

LunaSocks

Dec 27, 2010
@everyone: Murderers, killers and the like! I come to you bearing scary shit!
http://swaetshrit.tumblr.com/post/21627916061/complicatedtriangulated-jaxtheripper13
DISCUSS
*lurk lurk lurk*

LunaSocks

Dec 27, 2010
@RaNDM G: I used to come on this site a bit, I played like 4 rounds of SK, fell out of the forum stuff, came back for like two rounds of SK or something, went to another forum, fell out there, got bored and came back! I think I played in the 20's or something. All I know is I was almost always executed real early on.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Well, this round is pretty much done. But you're welcome to join the next one.

Welcome... back?

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
@staika: Interesting... then we could retrofit our sunglasses business to become a snow goggle business. :D

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ever since the execution of Malyc, Nouw had shut himself in. At least, emotionally and mentally. He didn't dare show his true feelings because he didn't want them to show theirs. After all, as a spy he had failed miserably. True, the killer was dead but it wasn't with the help of the person with the role of narrowing the suspect list down. Without him, they could have just as easily caught the killer. Without him, Murderville would go on and the killer would keep killing. He was no longer special. He was just another brick in the wall. He was disappointed with himself and frankly he felt he deserved to be executed. He even wanted it. He thought of it as a way of redeeming himself. But day after day, cycle after cycle everyone else kept dying. It was cruel, robbing him of the one thing he wanted the most and giving it to everyone else.

What others would love to have, he despised. He wanted to say goodbye to this cruel world but the cruel world was keeping him. Even now, with three people left he wondered if he would somehow survive. He suspected that to happen. After all, why would it stop now? He would be the last brick in the wall, all alone but there, standing. But the hope in him reminded himself that no-one lived forever. God he wished that was true.

He peered outside his window, clinging onto that hope that they were coming to execute him. He felt stupid for doing so, no one went to his house and today was no exception. He went back to his usual, depressing routine of doing nothing when he heard someone coming. Whether it was to bring the news of the killer being caught or him being executed he didn't care. When there was a chance death was on his doorstep, he would gladly open the door.

It turned out to be the latter. They did it quickly, simply shooting him in the head. They didn't have time to do anything fancy or clean up. They had more important things to do.

Even at point-blank range, the shot didn't provide him with the comfort of a quick death but he didn't mind. He was dying, and that's all that mattered.

"Goodbye, cruel world, I'm leaving you today...goodbye."
I'm thinking there's a replacement word for comfort but I can't think of it. Suggestions? All criticism is more than welcome, I always want to improve my writing :).