Serial Killer Round 71: Nightvale: Invaded

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen. Ladies, and, Gentlemen - Ladies and Gentlemen ... and Monsters. Ladies, Gentlemen and Monsters.

Welcome, to Nightvale's first community blog. Here is a place we can share news, and opinions, and emoticons, and emojiis (which I believe are small electronically transmittable carnivores), and quiet sullen stares at the monitor in the deep of the night.

And with the opening of our new blog, I have an exciting new announcement for all of you. A representative of the Sheriff's Secret Police has just arrived as I am writing this very post to offer me, and by that I mean threaten me into, an exciting opportunity for our blog to host a new trial system instituted here in Nightvale. She is readying her cattle-prod at this very moment to address my mandatory five minutes of civic disobediaooannoannonononoinoouih8g

Glad that's over!

It seems that we have a new visitor in town! Recently, as I am sure you all know, there was a flood near the old abandoned mine shaft where the Sheriff's Secret Police hold all those in town who have 'disappeared' indefinitely - a most unexpected event in our little desert community. Even more unexpected, the flood left behind a huge metal cylinder caked in barnacles and salt, carrying a creature of meat and bone and madness. This creature escaped the cylinder, and then the mine-shaft erroneously entered, and then black helicopters that attempted to apprehend it. It walks the streets on all fours my friends, it skulks near our doorways and stares in our windows fellow citizens, it speaks in tongues and unknown accents brothers and sisters, it howls and snarls at the passing moon - It is just like all of us, dear readers.

Indiscernible from the average citizen, how shall the Sheriffs Secret Police locate them? Ah, but they are clever and have traveled to the local Seers and Sundry, to purchase a prediction of the monster. Just recently I myself visited there, hoping to obtain a recommendation from the Seers as to what Sundry I would most need today for the start of our new blog. And indeed, they were correct! The nails and hammer I purchased adequately secured me to my chair, allowing me to weather the vicious assault by the officer who just visited without falling on my computer and damaging it.

The following is a list of those that may be the monster. Or future victims of the monster. Or future apprehenders of the monster. The Sheriff didn't want to break the bank on one prediction, you know?

1. [user]Snekadid[/user] Tricked into his own death. By the killer not the trickster. He WAS the trickster. So its a sort of irony, right?

2. [user]Dirty_Cop_James_funs[/user]

3. [user]Demagogue[/user] Dead as beans via killer! Also the priest. WAS the priest! HA. Aaaah... :(

4. [user]Secondhand_Revenant[/user]

5. [user]Caramel_Frappe[/user] Murdered! Muuuuurrrrdeeerrreed. Also the Arbiter. Dead arbiter.

6. [user]altnameJag[/user] Executed! Owes us a deathpost. One of these days...

7. [user]crimson5pheonix[/user] Murdered! Also the Spy! Probably had it coming, but who knows.

8. [user]Headsprouter[/user] Executed via tentacle mob! Also a medic. Couldn't save himself...

9. [user]Armadox[/user] Executed via... something. Innocent! Possibly good? Unverifiable.
10. [user]Twintix[/user]
11. [user]Jux[/user]

12. [user]Scars_Unseen[/user] Respectfully departed... I mean ESCAPED! ESCAPED AND RAN!

13. [user]Dying_Jester[/user]

14. [user]Crysan[/user] Executed! The Lawyer! Way to actually get one of the bad guys.

15. [user]TizzytheTormenter[/user]

16. [user]FPLOON[/user] Murdered! Murdered for no reasons! Or reasons we do not understand.

17. [user]Gritch[/user] Executed! Innocent! Really likes wafers!

18. [user]AeroSteam[/user] Executed for reasons unknown, innocent in every measurable way (none)

19. [user]Fat_Hippo[/user]

20. [user]tf2godz[/user]

21. [user]Frctrl[/user]

When asked how the Secret Police intended to whittle down the list of suspects, the officer present made the following statement: "We were just going to, like, let this one sort itself out, right? After the whole chasing tourists around with pitchforks and torches thing, and with this things accent we're worried it might come off as kind of a race thing. So we figured 'hey! Why not just let them sort it out between each other, and arrest the bodies after people stop dying!' So that's what were gonna do. Bye." And she left, coldly ignoring my 'stay longer' smile.

So there you have it dear readers. Allow me to formally open this blog to you, as a forum with which you may throw baseless accusations, speak about your deepest fears, beg for mercy from the merciless and determine who will be the next victim.

Heads up for the disturbingly engaged in the murder of their fellow citizens, I have games 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm Tuesdays, and Hockey 10:45 pm to 1:00 am Wednesdays - so if a deadline intersects with or is very close to those times then I will be late announcing stuff. Times are in MDT.

Gritch has suggested updates to the Priest and Arbiter role wordings to make them more clear, which I would like to include but need more time to mess around with this brick of rules text to get in. So that will be happening sometime when you least expect it.
Similar to the party game of Werewolf, Murderer or Mafia, the objective is to find the Killer and execute him or her to prevent them from continuing their murderous rampage. The Game Master of the next round is whoever the Killer in the current one. For new players, please join the Serial Killer usergroup and turn chat notifications on to see announcements easier.

Part 1 - Preparation:

Before the game starts, everyone who wants to join will need to send a PM to the Game Master (GM) of the current round. The message doesn't have to include anything specific unless stated by the GM, but it should be obvious you are looking to join the game.

Part 2 - Dishing out the roles:

The Killer role is randomly determined first, the method is decided by the GM, whether it be using a list randomizer on a website or pulling names out of a hat. After a player is aware of their role as a Killer, they then choose another player to help them as a Lawyer. Once this has been done all the other roles are then randomly appointed, once again using whatever method the GM would like to use. More details on roles in the second spoiler tag.

Part 3 - Cycle Start:

A round is made of multiple cycles. It begins with the Killer choosing who they want to murder and the Medic choosing who they want to save. Provided the Killer chose to kill someone who isn't on the Medic's list of people to save, an announcement will be made that someone has been murdered.

Soon after the now deceased player will post in the thread detailing their death and mention if they had a role or not. Another announcement will be made on who died and voting for who everyone thinks committed the murder will begin.

Part 4 - Cycle Vote:

The game's voting has a strictly enforced time limit. All participants have TWO DAYS at absolute most to cast their votes. If votes do not reach 65% in participation, the Killer will be spared, and a random non-voted person will be killed off instead.

Players who think they are not able to vote in time for future cycles are allowed to PM a list of players to the GM. The player who is on top of the list is who the vote will be for, if that player is dead it would go to the next person and so on.

Once voting is complete yet another announcement is made and the votes will be tallied. The person with the highest number of votes will be PMed that they have been executed and soon they will write their death post in a manner of an execution instead of a murder. If the Killer was executed the round ends. But if the votes weren't in the favour of justice...

Part 5 - Rinse and Repeat:
After the execution death post, an announcement is made where the next cycle begins and the Killer is able to murder another player, and so on. Once the round ends the GM is required to display how the votes were distributed through out it.
There are nine roles in this round of Serial Killer: the Killer
, the Medic
, the Spy
, the Arbiter
, the Priest
, the Lawyer
, the Entwined
,the Trickster
, and the Doppelganger

[HEADING=3]The Killer[/HEADING]
This is the primary focus of the game. The Killer PMs the GM who they wish to kill at the beginning of each cycle. He or she is still allowed to vote in executions and they can also be 'saved' by the Medic. Eliminating the Killer by execution or the use of the Arbiter ends the round.
[HEADING=3]The Medic[/HEADING]
The Medic has the power to save players from the Killer and gets a certain number of saves depending on the number of players in total.

>24 players = Five saves
20-24 players = Four saves
15-19 players = Three saves
10-14 players = Two saves
<10 players = One save

The Medic chooses who they wish to save by PMing a list of the appropriate usernames to the GM. They cannot save the same person twice in a row, other than that it's fair game.

When someone is saved by the Medic, an announcement should be made that this has happened and the user that could have died should be messaged that they were targeted.

If the Medic saves the Killer's target, then they live to vote another day. The Killer, however, is free to pick a new victim, regardless of whether they are on the Medic's list for the current cycle. However, the Medic cannot save themselves...

This ability must be used every cycle.
[HEADING=3]The Spy[/HEADING]
The Spy is allowed to PM the GM up to three "yes or no" questions about the Killer's profile throughout the course of the game to attempt to determine their identity.

Example: "Does the Killer have a letter 'a' in their username?"
IF YES: The GM replies with a list of everyone who does have a letter 'a' in their username.
IF NO: The GM replies with a list of everyone who does not have a letter 'a' in their username.

This is to give a suspect list that the Spy can easily work on.

The Spy is free to distribute the information however they wish; be it in full view of the public, in private, or otherwise until they are murdered or executed.

A question is answered only when the Killer and the Medic have activated their roles. It will not be answered if the Spy is the Killer's target and is not saved by the Medic.

Upon the GM messaging the Spy that they have been murdered or executed they can no longer inform any players of the questions asked, and their answers or who they have narrowed the possible suspects down to. This is extended to revealing the gathered information in the Spy's death post. If the Spy divulges any information in death, either true, untrue, or to confirm will result in the Killer getting two free kills, and each time there after will have as escalated punishment.

This ability can only be used every other cycle.
[HEADING=3]The Arbiter[/HEADING]
This role has the power to instantly execute one other player without the need of a vote. The Arbiter may decide during the voting phase to include a name of someone they would like executed along with their vote. If after tallying votes both the Arbiter and the chosen target are alive, the Arbiter's ability is activated - the Arbiter sacrifices themselves to immediately execute their chosen target. If either the Arbiter or their target are not alive by the end of tallying votes this ability is not activated. People executed by the Arbiter are ineligible for revival by the Priest.

An arbiter who uses their ability and whoever is killed by it do not have to write a death post (although they still can). This ability must be used before the seventh cycle of the game.
[HEADING=3]The Priest[/HEADING]
The Priest's role is an interesting one. They have the power to sacrifice themselves to resurrect someone who was murdered in a previous cycle. Those that have been executed are ineligible for revival by the Priest. When someone is resurrected everyone in the round becomes aware of any role that the resurrected player may have.

A resurrected Arbiter cannot use their ability if they have already used it; in short, it dies with them. If they have not used their power, however, and the conditions for its use are still acceptable then they are free to execute a target.

To activate their ability they may decide during the voting phase to include a name of someone they would like revived along with their vote. If after tallying votes the Priest is still alive, the Priest's ability is activated - the Priest sacrifices themselves to immediately revive their chosen target. If the Priest is not alive by the end of tallying votes this ability is not activated. This revived person is immune to being murdered in the cycle immediately following their revival.

A Priest who uses their ability does not have to write a death post (although they still can). Whoever is revived by it does not have to write a second one also.
[HEADING=3]The Lawyer[/HEADING]
The Lawyer is the only other player who wants the Killer to succeed. Essentially they work for the Killer as an anti-role role. Although any player, even if they have another role, can side with the Killer, even if they are not aware of it.

The Lawyer may ask the GM whether or not any individual has a role (yes or no question, without specifics). The question can be asked every cycle (5 times total), and if the Lawyer is killed then any information gained from the GM cannot be shared publicly, or privately if it hasn't been shared already. Sharing information in the death post is not allowed. Breaking of this rule will result in another role getting two free picks at an execution without the need of a vote. As with the Spy further breaking of this rule will result in escalated punishment.

This ability does not have to be used every cycle and entirely controlled by the Lawyer, not Killer.

The Lawyer is chosen by the Killer before all the other roles. Only if the player accepts the Killer's offer will the identity of the Killer be revealed to them. If the offer is refused, the Killer must choose another player.
[HEADING=3]The Entwined[/HEADING]
This role is given to two players and is only in play when there is an odd number of total players in the round.

The two Entwined are linked by a special invisible bond... and the strength of their connection is only known when one of the two dies. When one of the Entwined dies, the other automatically shares the same fate.

Once the first Entwined posts their death the second is PMed that they have also died. It is not required for the second to write a proper death post but still needs to announce that they have died.

Even when killed by the Arbiter, both Entwined die. They are both able to be revived by the Priest at once, but their bond still applies after resurrection. If only one is chosen to be saved by the Medic, the other is still vulnerable. If the unsaved Entwined individual is murdered the saved one still dies.

[HEADING=3]The Trickster[/HEADING]
The Trickster's role is that of discord and mayhem, they can be the spanner in the works for any side. Or they can choose to help out whoever they want to succeed. For the Trickster can manipulate events to their favour.

Whenever there is a vote, the Trickster can choose to activate their special ability. When they do, they vote in a special way - they transfer a vote by removing a vote from one player and then adding two votes to a different player.

The Trickster cannot target themselves with this power and they can only choose two targets and always at -1/+2 votes for each.

Such meddling is not quite subtle, however - if any of the two players dies for whatever reason by the next voting time, everybody would be notified of the Trickster messing with fate. The Trickster would NOT be identified by name, but both targets and the exact effect applied to them will be revealed.

Example:

The votes are

Alice - 4
Bob - 3

The Trickster activates the ability removing one vote from Alice and adding two to Bob swinging the vote around to

Alice - 3
Bob - 5

However, if either Bob or Alice die by the next vote - either by execution or even by the Killer or Arbiter's hand, then the death announcement would say exactly what the Trickster did to both Alice and Bob.

Furthermore, the Trickster's power cannot be used on the same targets twice in a row.

Finally, the Trickster is not granted any more insight into the voting than any other player. On the occasion that the Trickster chooses to subtract a vote from a player that doesn't have any, the power will still work...in a way: vote transfer does not happen - the Trickster will only add one vote to the receiving target. However, all the drawbacks of the power still apply.
[HEADING=3]The Doppelganger[/HEADING]
The role of the dopelganger is to misdirect and confuse the Spy from locating the Killer. The Doppelganger is aligned with the Killer but unlike the Lawyer they are assigned by the GM like other roles. As long as the Doppelganger is alive the GM replies to any answered Spy questions as if the Doppelganger was also the Killer.

Example:

If the Spy asked the question "Is the Killer an American?" and the Killer was American and the Doppelganger was British the GM would provide a list of both Americans and non-Americans. If the same question was asked and both the Killer and Doppelganger were Americans, the GM would provide a list of only Americans.
After the Killer PMs the GM on who their victim is for the current cycle or once voting has been decided, the GM messages who will die. Once this has been done, the player (murdered or executed) has 48 hours to post their death or recruit someone else to write it in the case of bad Internet, a family emergency or another legitimate reason. Laziness is not welcome.

An amazing piece of literature is not necessary, but some level of effort is expect in your death post.

Dead players are still able to interact with others the same way when alive. They can still chat, give their own suspicions and such but are not allowed to provide any evidence. Voting is obviously not done by any dead players.
Anyone can leave the game at any point for whatever reason. If the Killer forfeits, this is will immediately end the round. If a player with a role leaves, their role will pass on to a random alive player (their role's availability remains the same). None of this counts as a murder nor execution so the round essentially carries on as normal. A player who does this does not have to write a death post but can if they want to. The GM can end the game whenever they wish also.

When a player fails to vote within the full 48 hour voting time in 3 cycles in a row, said player will be kicked from the game. If they had a role, it will be passed on to a random, alive player. This also does not count as an execution or murder.

The Lawyer is required to help the Killer, they are not allowed to betray them. Whoever has either the Spy or Priest must be on the side of good and are unable to side with the Killer. All other players, even if they have roles such as the Medic or Arbiter, can join whatever side they want.

Spreading a screencap of a PM such as the GM giving a role or a message from a user mentioning they are the Killer are allowed. However, fake messages are a possibility so be wary.

Dying_Jester

Jul 17, 2014
Mmmm, yes. This thread. [HEADING=3]THIS[/HEADING]. [small]Thread[/small].
thisthreadthisthreadthisthreadthisthemethisthread.

I like it. I like is a lot.
Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to suggest the first victim. By that I mean the person we execute first after the...*ahem* BEAST makes its first kill. How do I know it's going to kill? Because I would if I were IT.

I nominate that disgusting fellow, Dying_Jester.
I hear he's part of the local gang. A gang of what? Well I don't know, why would you ask me?! ANYWAYS. Nasty fellow, nasty fellow indeed. We shouldn't allow that sort of rubbish to...er..."roam" these streets. Disgusting fellow indeed.
Just, just be done with him. I don't like him one bit. Not since the day he was born. With that shaved head, dark clothing. Did you know he doesn't smile? What kind of person doesn't smile.
Okay so maybe some of you have seen him smile, but I haven't.

Dying_Jester

Jul 17, 2014
@[user]Caramel Frappe[/user]
NO! He is a necessary sacrifice to show that we are UNIFIED! If we show any weakness, AT ALL! We will all DIE. He must die. What use is he anyway? He is scum. Scum! He would only get in ze way!. He will die, and if you continue to defend him, then you will fallow.

[HEADING=1]A vote for Dying_Jester is a vote for survival[/HEADING]

[small]Obviously not trying to make the GM not make me the killer, and by adding this the GM obviously couldn't make me the killer because. It is far to obvious, obviously.[/small]

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Caramel Frappe said:
@tf2godz: Gladly! Though, what did you have in mind? Leaving it up to me, or did you have specifics like last time?
I'm down with either option but I like leaving it to my customer to have the final say.
make it like my current one but get rid of the Russian stuff and replace that with a Nightvale theme

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
*sucks in air and sits up*

wHat? AlIve? PulL BacK tHe DarK CurTAins, aNd SeE tHe SHoW.
WhEN aM I ToMOrroW? BeWaRE ThE DOg PaRk!!

*twists open the hatch and scurries away into an alley*

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
Crysan said:
Half post to tag the thread, half post wondering what Nightvale is...
Its a moderately famous podcast about a town called Nightvale, where every single insane conspiracy theory is correct, and normal day to day. The fact that the government is secretly run by outerspace lizard people is considered common knowledge and acceptable, for instance.

Dying_Jester said:
[small]Obviously not trying to make the GM not make me the killer, and by adding this the GM obviously couldn't make me the killer because. It is far to obvious, obviously.[/small]
Got a programmer buddy to write a clock based RNG, to be used in conjunction with the relative rarity of characters in a given username. No one is safe from such unexpectedness.

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
Finally a town where I belong! No more looks of astonishment when you ask your local butcher if he has any fresh cadavers. When those strange sounds start coming from my house I can calmly explain that just the screaming of my latest failed cloning experiment, apologize and assure them if the last half dozen experiments were any indication the screaming should die down within the next 3 hours. That odd smell coming out of my room? My latest chemical concoction. Smells a tad funny but perfectly safe I assure you. Also if you notice any physiological symptoms please let me know. These may included but not limited to: sore throat, coughing, bleeding of the gums, irritability, and delusions of becoming a giant floating spaghetti monster.

@EvilRoy: I just realized my PM got cut short there. Here's the Roles of the game with updated Priest and Arbiter to save you some time.

####

There are nine roles in this round of Serial Killer: the Killer
, the Medic
, the Spy
, the Arbiter
, the Priest
, the Lawyer
, the Entwined
,the Trickster
, and the Doppelganger

[HEADING=3]The Killer[/HEADING]
This is the primary focus of the game. The Killer PMs the GM who they wish to kill at the beginning of each cycle. He or she is still allowed to vote in executions and they can also be 'saved' by the Medic. Eliminating the Killer by execution or the use of the Arbiter ends the round.
[HEADING=3]The Medic[/HEADING]
The Medic has the power to save players from the Killer and gets a certain number of saves depending on the number of players in total.

>24 players = Five saves
20-24 players = Four saves
15-19 players = Three saves
10-14 players = Two saves
<10 players = One save

The Medic chooses who they wish to save by PMing a list of the appropriate usernames to the GM. They cannot save the same person twice in a row, other than that it's fair game.

When someone is saved by the Medic, an announcement should be made that this has happened and the user that could have died should be messaged that they were targeted.

If the Medic saves the Killer's target, then they live to vote another day. The Killer, however, is free to pick a new victim, regardless of whether they are on the Medic's list for the current cycle. However, the Medic cannot save themselves...

This ability must be used every cycle.
[HEADING=3]The Spy[/HEADING]
The Spy is allowed to PM the GM up to three "yes or no" questions about the Killer's profile throughout the course of the game to attempt to determine their identity.

Example: "Does the Killer have a letter 'a' in their username?"
IF YES: The GM replies with a list of everyone who does have a letter 'a' in their username.
IF NO: The GM replies with a list of everyone who does not have a letter 'a' in their username.

This is to give a suspect list that the Spy can easily work on.

The Spy is free to distribute the information however they wish; be it in full view of the public, in private, or otherwise until they are murdered or executed.

A question is answered only when the Killer and the Medic have activated their roles. It will not be answered if the Spy is the Killer's target and is not saved by the Medic.

Upon the GM messaging the Spy that they have been murdered or executed they can no longer inform any players of the questions asked, and their answers or who they have narrowed the possible suspects down to. This is extended to revealing the gathered information in the Spy's death post. If the Spy divulges any information in death, either true, untrue, or to confirm will result in the Killer getting two free kills, and each time there after will have as escalated punishment.

This ability can only be used every other cycle.
[HEADING=3]The Arbiter[/HEADING]
This role has the power to instantly execute one other player without the need of a vote. The Arbiter may decide during the voting phase to include a name of someone they would like executed along with their vote. If after tallying votes both the Arbiter and the chosen target are alive, the Arbiter's ability is activated - the Arbiter sacrifices themselves to immediately execute their chosen target. If either the Arbiter or their target are not alive by the end of tallying votes this ability is not activated. People executed by the Arbiter are ineligible for revival by the Priest.

An arbiter who uses their ability and whoever is killed by it do not have to write a death post (although they still can). This ability must be used before the seventh cycle of the game.
[HEADING=3]The Priest[/HEADING]
The Priest's role is an interesting one. They have the power to sacrifice themselves to resurrect someone who was murdered in a previous cycle. Those that have been executed are ineligible for revival by the Priest. When someone is resurrected everyone in the round becomes aware of any role that the resurrected player may have.

A resurrected Arbiter cannot use their ability if they have already used it; in short, it dies with them. If they have not used their power, however, and the conditions for its use are still acceptable then they are free to execute a target.

To activate their ability they may decide during the voting phase to include a name of someone they would like revived along with their vote. If after tallying votes the Priest is still alive, the Priest's ability is activated - the Priest sacrifices themselves to immediately revive their chosen target. If the Priest is not alive by the end of tallying votes this ability is not activated. This revived person is immune to being murdered in the cycle immediately following their revival.

A Priest who uses their ability does not have to write a death post (although they still can). Whoever is revived by it does not have to write a second one also.
[HEADING=3]The Lawyer[/HEADING]
The Lawyer is the only other player who wants the Killer to succeed. Essentially they work for the Killer as an anti-role role. Although any player, even if they have another role, can side with the Killer, even if they are not aware of it.

The Lawyer may ask the GM whether or not any individual has a role (yes or no question, without specifics). The question can be asked every cycle (5 times total), and if the Lawyer is killed then any information gained from the GM cannot be shared publicly, or privately if it hasn't been shared already. Sharing information in the death post is not allowed. Breaking of this rule will result in another role getting two free picks at an execution without the need of a vote. As with the Spy further breaking of this rule will result in escalated punishment.

This ability does not have to be used every cycle and entirely controlled by the Lawyer, not Killer.

The Lawyer is chosen by the Killer before all the other roles. Only if the player accepts the Killer's offer will the identity of the Killer be revealed to them. If the offer is refused, the Killer must choose another player.
[HEADING=3]The Entwined[/HEADING]
This role is given to two players and is only in play when there is an odd number of total players in the round.

The two Entwined are linked by a special invisible bond... and the strength of their connection is only known when one of the two dies. When one of the Entwined dies, the other automatically shares the same fate.

Once the first Entwined posts their death the second is PMed that they have also died. It is not required for the second to write a proper death post but still needs to announce that they have died.

Even when killed by the Arbiter, both Entwined die. They are both able to be revived by the Priest at once, but their bond still applies after resurrection. If only one is chosen to be saved by the Medic, the other is still vulnerable. If the unsaved Entwined individual is murdered the saved one still dies.

[HEADING=3]The Trickster[/HEADING]
The Trickster's role is that of discord and mayhem, they can be the spanner in the works for any side. Or they can choose to help out whoever they want to succeed. For the Trickster can manipulate events to their favour.

Whenever there is a vote, the Trickster can choose to activate their special ability. When they do, they vote in a special way - they transfer a vote by removing a vote from one player and then adding two votes to a different player.

The Trickster cannot target themselves with this power and they can only choose two targets and always at -1/+2 votes for each.

Such meddling is not quite subtle, however - if any of the two players dies for whatever reason by the next voting time, everybody would be notified of the Trickster messing with fate. The Trickster would NOT be identified by name, but both targets and the exact effect applied to them will be revealed.

Example:

The votes are

Alice - 4
Bob - 3

The Trickster activates the ability removing one vote from Alice and adding two to Bob swinging the vote around to

Alice - 3
Bob - 5

However, if either Bob or Alice die by the next vote - either by execution or even by the Killer or Arbiter's hand, then the death announcement would say exactly what the Trickster did to both Alice and Bob.

Furthermore, the Trickster's power cannot be used on the same targets twice in a row.

Finally, the Trickster is not granted any more insight into the voting than any other player. On the occasion that the Trickster chooses to subtract a vote from a player that doesn't have any, the power will still work...in a way: vote transfer does not happen - the Trickster will only add one vote to the receiving target. However, all the drawbacks of the power still apply.
[HEADING=3]The Doppelganger[/HEADING]
The role of the dopelganger is to misdirect and confuse the Spy from locating the Killer. The Doppelganger is aligned with the Killer but unlike the Lawyer they are assigned by the GM like other roles. As long as the Doppelganger is alive the GM replies to any answered Spy questions as if the Doppelganger was also the Killer.

Example:

If the Spy asked the question "Is the Killer an American?" and the Killer was American and the Doppelganger was British the GM would provide a list of both Americans and non-Americans. If the same question was asked and both the Killer and Doppelganger were Americans, the GM would provide a list of only Americans.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
A town where every insane conspiracy theory is true?

But that means everybody is the Killer! I even me, who's unaware of that fact!

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
altnameJag said:
A town where every insane conspiracy theory is true?

But that means everybody is the Killer! I even me, who's unaware of that fact!
So that means there's no such thing as an accusation that isn't true? Hot diggity, sounds like my kind of town!

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Caramel Frappe said:
@tf2godz: Do you like your Avatar? Again I can always make some changes for you?
Just wanted some feedback if you're satisfied or not with it XD seeing how you equipped it already lol.
yes I'm happy.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
One of these days, somebody is going to spell my username correctly on the first try.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
Fractral said:
One of these days, somebody is going to spell my username correctly on the first try.
Don't hold your breath Fractral...

Hrmm I think suit Mooya will work for this round... With a small addition... Tonight!

Armadox

Mandatory Madness!
Aug 31, 2010
ShoUlD I Be WorRiEd? ProbAbly. sHoUlD i Be WorRiED? ProBaBly.
shOuLd I bE wOrRieD? PrOBablY. SHoUld I BE woRriEd? prOBaBlY.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Armadox said:
*sucks in air and sits up*

wHat? AlIve? PulL BacK tHe DarK CurTAins, aNd SeE tHe SHoW.
WhEN aM I ToMOrroW? BeWaRE ThE DOg PaRk!!

*twists open the hatch and scurries away into an alley*
Armadox said:
ShoUlD I Be WorRiEd? ProbAbly. sHoUlD i Be WorRiED? ProBaBly.
shOuLd I bE wOrRieD? PrOBablY. SHoUld I BE woRriEd? prOBaBlY.
Wait a minute, I thought you were an insane alcoholic? And now you're a...malfunctioning android?

Hey guys, I think we need to reboot Armadox.

crimson5pheonix said:
HEY GUYS, I KNOW WHO I'M VOTING FOR ALREADY!
OOH OOH, let me guess! Is it...the killer? It's the killer, isn't it.