Serious Sam 3 To Fund Breast Enhancement Surgery

Dancing Muton

Mar 7, 2008
*Sigh*

No one's getting a titjob, because Fork Parker doesn't actually exist. The press release is a jab at what the gaming industry has become: juvenile, greedy, repetitive and dumbed down (there are thankfully a few exceptions). And it flew over most of your heads.

Also, there's a bunch of statements in the article that are incorrect. SS was first released in 2001, not 2002. It hasn't been trying to cash in on Bulletstorm's success since it's being developed for at least four years (along side that military shooter that was put on hold). There's no Khnum in those pictures, only Scrapjacks, Gnaar and three other enemies, none of which fit the description "towering Khnum". When something in SS is described as towering, then it must be really really big, because everything in SS is big.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I laughed so hard at this. And I don't think it's a problem. Yeah at leaast one news publication will probably spin this out of context or whatever. Yes, it'll be great when the media finally stops picking on our medium (though I personally think that won't be until they find some newer thing to pick on) but at the same time do we really want to sacrifice "fun" to convince them of the validity of our art form? Why should the movie industry be allowed to have their over the top, ridiculous, pointless "fun time at the movies" films like Planet Terror and the upcoming Super Shark, but games must all be serious? Fuck that. The way I see it, the message that sends is "you were right, we were being immature. And you know what, you were right about that being totally wrong in games, and only the medium of games. So now we shall be totally serious, and tackle real problems". No. I like my "silly" games. I'm buying Bulletstorm just as soon as I get my new PC.
My point is, this comment wouldn't get a second glance if made by someone in the movie business or something, unless one felt like another laugh. If we start censoring our words, deeds and games then what kind of message does that send?

The Hive Mind

Nov 11, 2010
this isnt my name said:
"Holy crap, I am going to make a boatload of cash off this game. I mean that's what this is all about, right?"

And suddenly I put this dev on my "do not buy" list.

Uh it reminds me of Kotick, if your only interested in making a ton of money, then I dont care about you. And I know wosmeone will say "every dev does". no, no they arent all like that, e.g PM of LH seems geninely pasionate about games.
it was satirical, possibly satirical of Kotick himself.

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
Yea, yea, lame joke that isn't that offensive.
Who cares, look at that art design, so god damn great. The wide open areas. Look how the monsters swarm over the building, look how the Gnarl show up again, look how the monsters are scary again. After the sad let down that was Serious Sam 2, with brightly colored robots and enemies powered by winding them up like kid toys, now they are getting Serious again and actually be intimidated by enemies. Maybe a little too Serious though . Why is Sam in CallOfDuty-istan? What happened to going back in time and marveling at the cool building?
Man these screen are so great that I will have to play SS second encounter again.