seriously, its the end of the world

comandertrey

Jul 23, 2008
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/691642/Black_Hole_Confirmed_in_Milky_Way.html
holy crap, we have just found the destruction of the galaxy. i warn you though, knowing the end always ruins the rest of the story...

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Um, the Milky Way is huge. It's not that it's going to suck everything in, but the gravity well it creates is what's keeping the galaxy together.

DiamondJim

Sep 27, 2008
Just covered this in my Astronomy class the other day.

Long story short:

dun worry guyz. its kay.

kapzer

Nov 26, 2008
Aww...y'all ruined it I wanted the thread to turn into "how long before the world ends" debate!

implodingMan

Apr 9, 2008
We already knew it was there. This just confirming its existence. Also, just because it is a black hole does not mean matter will instantly rush into it (as it obviously isn't doing right now). If you replaced the sun with a black hole of the same mass them the Earth would continue on its merry way. We would all still be killed, but that would be from the freezing temperatures and lack of light.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
uhhh, that's not how black holes work. They don't suck in everything everything around them. It's possible to orbit black holes. In fact, there's one in the center of our galaxy and everything is rotating around it.

Aardvark

Sep 9, 2008
So G4 has realised that nobody cares what they have to say about games, so are trying the science angle? Appealing to the inner nerd with newly discovered facts about the universe that we figured out years ago?

Good for them.

If anyone needs me, I'll be taking the hyper jump to the Oort Cloud.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Fan-freaking-tastic. There's already known a super-massive black-hole located at the nucleus of the galaxy. No danger to us in our lifetimes, or our great great grandchildren.

broadband

Dec 15, 2007
Hnoestly, im tired of read all this apocalipse stuff, i simply cant live, always in constant fear, sometimes, i wish to simply die before any of those dates, so please, i dont want to see any of these threads anymore. im not going to read the article, ive barely readed some comments and i already feel chills in my chest, but im sort of used to it.

Toner

Dec 1, 2008
Duck Sandwich said:
comandertrey said:
i warn you though, knowing the end always ruins the rest of the story...
Your life.
The main character dies at the end.
You mean that 'buddah' mode is disabled? *whimpers*

End of the world?

Bugger that, I haven't had the time to conquer it yet. Therefore it'll have to be permanently postponed until such time arises (As long as those meddling kids don't interfere with their over-sized detective dog).