seriously, its the end of the world

fluffylandmine

Jul 23, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
Fan-freaking-tastic. There's already known a super-massive black-hole located at the nucleus of the galaxy. No danger to us in our lifetimes, or our great great grandchildren.
This super massive black hole http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsp3_a-PMTw ?

ygetoff

Oct 22, 2008
broadband said:
Hnoestly, im tired of read all this apocalipse stuff, i simply cant live, always in constant fear, sometimes, i wish to simply die before any of those dates, so please, i dont want to see any of these threads anymore. im not going to read the article, ive barely readed some comments and i already feel chills in my chest, but im sort of used to it.
you realize that the "end of the world" is simply a large black hole that poses no danger for AT LEAST 50 million years so there's really no need to worry in this situation anyway.
and the thing that will get us is never something that we can see and therefore, stop.
it'll be something unexpected.

The Eaten Cake

Nov 26, 2008
fluffylandmine said:
Anarchemitis said:
Fan-freaking-tastic. There's already known a super-massive black-hole located at the nucleus of the galaxy. No danger to us in our lifetimes, or our great great grandchildren.
...Someone had to, didn't they? Now I find myself having to imitate Matt Bellamy's pouty rock face.

jim_doki

Mar 29, 2008
Thats great it starts with an earthquake
birds and snakes and aeroplanes
and lenny bruce is not afraid...

i mean unless we actually mount an expedition to go check it out and assess the danger, we'll be fine. and even if we do, it will probably be the people on the mission who die

of old age

fluffylandmine

Jul 23, 2008
The Eaten Cake said:
fluffylandmine said:
Anarchemitis said:
...Someone had to, didn't they? Now I find myself having to imitate Matt Bellamy's pouty rock face.
Yeah, it's a cheesy job, but I suppose I just felt bored and filled in for the poor cheesy bastard that was supposed to say it.

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
It was suspected for some time- evidenced and proven around 2002. Umm, the Milky Way is a Spiral Galaxy- that "spirals" around something....what did you expect to find- a huge stick?

broadband

Dec 15, 2007
ygetoff said:
broadband said:
Hnoestly, im tired of read all this apocalipse stuff, i simply cant live, always in constant fear, sometimes, i wish to simply die before any of those dates, so please, i dont want to see any of these threads anymore. im not going to read the article, ive barely readed some comments and i already feel chills in my chest, but im sort of used to it.
you realize that the "end of the world" is simply a large black hole that poses no danger for AT LEAST 50 million years so there's really no need to worry in this situation anyway.
and the thing that will get us is never something that we can see and therefore, stop.
it'll be something unexpected.
Even like that, it doesnt stop me from feel fear, a fear that dont allow me to live, everyday, God i simply want to have a calm life, like it wouldnt be enough with the stuff one have to deal daily, the worse is that my curiosity overwelms my common sense and fear, i end reading not everything but enough to think about suicide, i really need help...

Bluntknife

Sep 8, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Dude, the planet will be a gaint nuclear waste land by the time we rwach it anyway.
And then I'll come out of my vault and embark on an epic adventure to find my father!

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Bluntknife said:
SomeBritishDude said:
Dude, the planet will be a gaint nuclear waste land by the time we rwach it anyway.
And then I'll come out of my vault and embark on an epic adventure to find my father!
At which point you'll all be sucked in to the black hole in the middle of galaxy we've all been talking about. No rest for the wicked 'ey?

Bluntknife

Sep 8, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Bluntknife said:
SomeBritishDude said:
At which point you'll all be sucked in to the black hole in the middle of galaxy we've all been talking about. No rest for the wicked 'ey?
Damn there is a flaw in my plan.
Quickly must discover gravatons to reverse the effects of gravity!

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
haha well as long as i read and noticed more than one person saying
"dun worry guys"
i dont really mind :)
we have our own problems on earth anyways.

Mean Mother Rucker

Oct 27, 2008
Well, if we get all philosophical, we could already have been swallowed by the black hole and our entire perception of reality is simply our consciousnesses floating along in the infinite void.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
What are yall so afraid of? Chuck Norris, Mr. T, Kratos, Master Cheif, andSolid Snake are on Earth. Between all of them, they could at least scare off the black hole for a few mellenia.

Toner

Dec 1, 2008
Erana said:
What are yall so afraid of? Chuck Norris, Mr. T, Kratos, Master Cheif, andSolid Snake are on Earth. Between all of them, they could at least scare off the black hole for a few mellenia.
Valid point well made I feel.

Although saying that, what if it's THEIR plan in the first place? Of course they could end it all in seconds anyway, but what if it's all a sow painfully elaborate rouse to destroy the universe just for the fun of it?

EDIT: If this post is still up and hasn't been Ninja-edited by one of the above then my theory is probably wrong.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh, and don't forget Dizzy. Boy can that egg jump...

darkless

Jan 26, 2008
We have known about that black hole for a long time its always been there so no worries its all good

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
implodingMan said:
We already knew it was there. This just confirming its existence. Also, just because it is a black hole does not mean matter will instantly rush into it (as it obviously isn't doing right now). If you replaced the sun with a black hole of the same mass them the Earth would continue on its merry way. We would all still be killed, but that would be from the freezing temperatures and lack of light.
Well, humans could probably survive a few decades if the sun went out, or if it turned into a black hole