Sesame Street Plays a "Game of Chairs" in their Game of Thrones Parody

NoShoes

Aug 15, 2013
Sesame Street Plays a "Game of Chairs" in their Game of Thrones Parody

It's a Westeros roast thanks to Grover Bluejoy.

Sesame Street takes on the "Game of Chairs", where you win or you....just leave amicably. With everyone's favorite players Robb Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, and Joffrey Baratheon lead by Ned Stark and Grover Bluejoy, the Game of Chairs teaches some valuable skills like how to count and how to ignore Melisandre. The last player remaining in the Game of Chairs will "have a nice, comfy place to rest their cute and weary bodies" will be king or queen of Jesteros! And just wait until you see that Iron Throne.

Grover Bluejoy is essentially present to troll the poor players of the game and, during his musical escapades, land an impressive amount of jokes pointed at each character's misfortune. All the jokes are chuckle-worthy, but my personal favorite is told when Edd and Grover part ways.

Can we all just sign a petition now for a puppet-only Game of Thrones spin-off?

Source: The Mary Sue [http://www.themarysue.com/game-of-chairs/]

Luthor55555

Feb 16, 2015
Wow this is the best parody of GoT that I have seen yet! and Melisandra! "The monster is blue and full of errors!" I may or may not have spit my drink out when I heard it. What? It wasn't that funny? :( well I'll just go sit in my corner then and wait til this season comes out next weekend.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Wow, way to spoil the books Sesame Street!
I mean, who would have thought that Grover would have stolen the throne? :eek:
Jon Snow said:
"I can't think of a more terrible ending..." -_-"

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Oh man the subtle jokes (don't lose your head)!

It make me wonder if they would parody The Walking Dead in the future?

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
'I am sorry looks like you chocked Joffery' nearly spat my tomato soup all over the monitor on that line.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
I watched this on PBS the other day with my kids. They couldn't figure out why I was laughing so hard. :)

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Okay, I gotta ask what even the fuck. I mean, I love Game of Thrones and I liked Sesame Street when I was a kid, but what even the fuck.

killerbee256

Aug 14, 2014
RealRT said:
Okay, I gotta ask what even the fuck. I mean, I love Game of Thrones and I liked Sesame Street when I was a kid, but what even the fuck.
The creators of sesame street are fans of GoT. It's rather obvious when you think about it.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
It was pretty good, but I was a little confused by the scene where Grover started having sex with Elmo, and then everyone died. Still, i'd gladly show it to my children if I had any.

I don't remember sesame street being this cool when I was a kid. Maybe that's the point.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
How frequently does Sesame Street do this sort of thing? One of the best GoT parodies I've seen so far.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
killerbee256 said:
RealRT said:
The creators of sesame street are fans of GoT. It's rather obvious when you think about it.
Yeah, that is bloody obvious, but come on. I'm sure there were fans of Taxi Driver or The Warriors or The Shining among the past Sesame Street writers, but I don't think there were skits parodying those movies, right?
Right? I honestly don't know, maybe it's not a new thing for Sesame Street to parody something really, really not meant for kids and I'm the only one who doesn't know that.

killerbee256

Aug 14, 2014
RealRT said:
killerbee256 said:
RealRT said:
Yeah, that is bloody obvious, but come on. I'm sure there were fans of Taxi Driver or The Warriors or The Shining among the past Sesame Street writers, but I don't think there were skits parodying those movies, right?
Right? I honestly don't know, maybe it's not a new thing for Sesame Street to parody something really, really not meant for kids and I'm the only one who doesn't know that.
It's been a long time, but I'm rather sure they have done kiddy puppet parodies of things like that. Also keep in mind these are the people who created Avenue Q. http://www.sesamestreet.org/parents/theshow/watch/spoofs#734531e8-809f-4e81-a805-d0a20e5d8e93 A list of videos I found through a simple google search.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Never have I seen a Sesame Street video that has crossed the line so many times WITHOUT actually crossing it at all. It's glorious.

Oscar: "Yeah, I'm sorry, it looks like you choked Joffrey."

AND

Ned Stark: "NOOOOOOOO!!!"
Oscar:"Do not lose your head over this, Neddy baby!"

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
killerbee256 said:
RealRT said:
They're both shows about rape incest and constant murder death and depression...

Wait...

Ldude893 said:
Never have I seen a Sesame Street video that has crossed the line so many times WITHOUT actually crossing it at all. It's glorious.

Oscar: "Yeah, I'm sorry, it looks like you choked Joffrey."

AND

Ned Stark: "NOOOOOOOO!!!"
Oscar:"Do not lose your head over this, Neddy baby!"
Robb:
can we hurry this up? I have a wedding to get to!

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
This was adorable! My little one isn't ready for T.V just yet, but when he is, this sort of thing will be a real treat to watch with him.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I'm trying to think what would be the edgiest thing they had parodied back when I was still a kid; off top of my head, I guess I'd have to say MTV. And even that was just a tacit acknowledgement that a channel called MTV that played music videos was a thing. Or maybe the time Oscar became an obnoxious shock-jock on his own radio station ("The Can", and yes when people called in he would say "You're on The Can").

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
NoShoes said:
Can we all just sign a petition now for a puppet-only Game of Thrones spin-off?
Yes, please. And put the Count in the position of the Coin.