Sesame Street vs. Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Sesame Street vs. Mister Rogers' Neighborhood

The guys apologize for calling Mr. Rogers racist. Kind of.

Read Full Article

BonGookKumBop

Feb 24, 2010
I personally liked Mr. Rogers better, but that might be because we didn't have television when I was Sesame Street age and when we did have it I felt Mr. Rogers catered more to me than that "little kids' show."

Looking at Dan's comments made wonder if the show was still taking suggestions. I was recently looking through our Sabbath appropriate movies and started wondering which was the better Exodus story, "Ten Commandments" or "Prince of Egypt"? So much goodness to think of there. Yule Brenner vs Ralph Fiennes, Charlton Heston vs Val Kilmer, epic sets vs cgi, and historical research vs artistic licence. Bonus points if Dan takes stage to argue one of the sides. Thanks

TitanAura

Jun 30, 2011
Just be warned that Mr Rogers will have the last laugh when the Ultimate Showdown takes place. He shall rise above all others in a blood stain sweater. As it has been foretold by Niel Cicierega.

Jan 12, 2012
BonGookKumBop said:
I personally liked Mr. Rogers better, but that might be because we didn't have television when I was Sesame Street age and when we did have it I felt Mr. Rogers catered more to me than that "little kids' show."

Looking at Dan's comments made wonder if the show was still taking suggestions. I was recently looking through our Sabbath appropriate movies and started wondering which was the better Exodus story, "Ten Commandments" or "Prince of Egypt"? So much goodness to think of there. Yule Brenner vs Ralph Fiennes, Charlton Heston vs Val Kilmer, epic sets vs cgi, and historical research vs artistic licence. Bonus points if Dan takes stage to argue one of the sides. Thanks
I agree both with the Mr. Rogers thing (though I like it because he is a better person than anyone on Sesame Street), and the story thing. Both of them are great and influential, which means they can pull thousands of years of history, spinoffs, etc. to make the best jokes possible.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
Being Australian, I've only ever seen Sesame Street and only know about Mr Rogers from sources like Family Guy and The Ultimate Showdown.

In saying that, how about Mr Rogers vs The A Team?