Sesame street's Bert and Ernie not getting married!

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
The makers of Sesame Street say characters Bert and Ernie will not marry in a same-sex ceremony despite an online petition calling for the union.

Yes, that's right.
This actually made news!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14504208

So, what do you think if you even care.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Already done in the news room I'm afraid.
Sorry Sizzle, try harder next time.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
So... just because they are two male characters who are friends they are instantly gay?

Good job stereotyping that internet.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
*facehoof* Sesame street doesn't want them to get married, it's just silly that so many people are making petitions and stuff

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Yes! Thank god. I don't want to see people changing one of my favourite childhood shows. Besides, they're just puppets for crying out loud! Why do these gay activists really care about this so much!?

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
I didn't know that puppets could have a sexual orientation?

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Coldster said:
Yes! Thank god. I don't want to see people changing one of my favourite childhood shows. Besides, they're just puppets for crying out loud! Why do these gay activists really care about this so much!?
Well they made the cast of MLP lesbians, it seems only fair they'd have some gays in those kid shows too.

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
Yeah. Maybe they should go to Canada to get married. :) I'm sorry if I happen to offend anyone with my apathy on this subject, but I can't really care about marriage for old, fictional tv characters.

Sizzle Montyjing

Apr 5, 2011
Radoh said:
Already done in the news room I'm afraid.
Sorry Sizzle, try harder next time.
Well i'm infinetly more important.
SO NYEUGH!!!
Waif said:
That's what the people who work on the show said.

Waif

Mar 20, 2010
Aethren said:
Coldster said:
Well they made the cast of MLP lesbians, it seems only fair they'd have some gays in those kid shows too.
I disagree with your statement. Please, I would like for you to provide some evidence as to your statement. ^~^

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Sizzle Montyjing said:
The makers of Sesame Street say characters Bert and Ernie will not marry in a same-sex ceremony despite an online petition calling for the union.

Yes, that's right.
This actually made news!

Do you have news of anything else that isn't happening?

I happen to know the world is not being invaded by aliens.[/sardonic]

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Aethren said:
Coldster said:
They most certainly did not!
Just Rainbow Dash.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
Ugh, they really need to come up with their own mascots as opposed to trying to get characters who aren't even remotely gay. Same happened to Bugs Bunny for dressing in women's clothing to deter Elmer Fudd (because this particular method was supposed to be funny) and Spongebob because... well, it's Spongebob I suppose. He's just a big child really though. :p

Waif said:
You haven't seen Avenue Q live then!

x

Sizzle Montyjing

Apr 5, 2011
Treblaine said:
Sizzle Montyjing said:

Yes, that's right.
This actually made news!

Do you have news of anything else that isn't happening?

I happen to know the world is not being invaded by aliens.[/sardonic]
Hey, it's good enough for the BBC, it's good enough for me!

Waif

Mar 20, 2010
Hipsy_Gypsy said:
Ugh, they really need to come up with their own mascots as opposed to trying to get characters who aren't even remotely gay. Same happened to Bugs Bunny for dressing in women's clothing to deter Elmer Fudd (because this particular method was supposed to be funny) and Spongebob because... well, it's Spongebob I suppose. He's just a big child really though. :p

Waif said:
You haven't seen Avenue Q live then!

x
Actually no I don't think I have. That being said, puppets are inanimate objects. Possessing neither the will nor the "mechanics" involved in such orientation. Now...people can always ascribe orientation to puppets, but puppets themselves cannot experience these things. In this way I think it's unfair for someone to push their beliefs onto others. In this case. people are forcing their views onto puppets. Though that's just my take on it.

Beertaster

Jan 20, 2011
Characters of childrens show shouldn't have any sexual orientation what so ever. a 7 year old child isn't gay or straight because they haven't hit puberty yet. Sex is something they can't comprehend, because those hormones, emotions, and context of understanding are not a part of the child yet. And I'm happy these fools were swatted down. Why do you think children are innocent in the first place.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Aethren said:
Coldster said:
Are you really going to bring this up? You're lying and your trolling is very obvious:

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Radoh said:
Aethren said:
Coldster said:
They most certainly did not!
Just Rainbow Dash.
For all we know they are asexual. There is not enough solid evidence to prove otherwise. It doesn't matter anyways. Would you think of them any different just because of their sexual orientation?