Seven-Minute KH: Birth by Sleep Trailer Features Japanese Mickey

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Well... it sure looks awesome. BUT... the history is starting to confuse the crap out of me.
This whole keyblade war thing does not looks simple.

Now bonus comments:
Xehanort is bald - lol! Sorry, I had to.
Battles looks awesome - Yay!
Mario Party - eeeh, what?
PSP - Noooooes!!!

Why not PS3?! Meh!
I surely will not buy a PSP just becouse of one game. <.<

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
seems to me that the game will be set before everything happened in KH1 and probably shows us how the heartless started and.. well everything.
Either way I'm getting it :D

Beeple

Apr 16, 2009
JaredXE said:
gim73 said:
I'm suprised they are reusing Simple and Clean. I enjoy it and all, but I would think that they would go for a different feel for a new game.

Same theme, different lyrics. Utada Hikaru has like what, 3-4 songs using the Simple and Clean melody....come up with something new woman!
It's 2 actually.
Hikari is the song seen in this trailer and was the original song used in Kingdom Hearts 1 when it was released in Japan.
Simple and Clean is an English variation of the song with different lyrics so that it would still fit with the melody.

It's the same case with Sanctuary and Passion. Sanctuary being a variation with different lyrics in the English release of KH2 and Passion being the original in the Japanese release.

As such we can probably assume that the English release will use Simple and Clean.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
gim73 said:
I'm suprised they are reusing Simple and Clean. I enjoy it and all, but I would think that they would go for a different feel for a new game.
Well, looks like they are sticking with what they know

Bobby_C

Feb 21, 2008
swaki said:
don't Disney own marvel? i would have thought they thrown in some of the characters, oh well, good news for all you jrpg fans i assume, maybe you don't think it would have improved the game by some marvel characters with a makeover aiding in the tbc.
Actually the shareholder voting for the deal is scheduled to occur tomorrow, so no. Besides, the development of that game started years ago, even if Marvel had been acquired earlier this year it'd have been too late. *And* so far KH sticks with Disney feature films and generic "actor" characters (Mickey, Goofy, Donald and so on).

Jaredin said:
gim73 said:
Well, looks like they are sticking with what they know
It's because it's still considered a spinoff. They've stuck to a pattern of only introducing new them sogns for original games or sequels, not spinoffs. You'll get the new song with an hypothetical KH3.

Random argument man said:
Wait, why is Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur is in this game?
That's not Mitsurugi, that's Eraqus (who is to Square what Yen Sid is the Disney, ie it's an Hironobu Sakaguchi homage).

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
The moment I saw this I realized it was destined for fail.

1. Releasing it on the PSP? Is sony THAT desperate to move PSP systems off shelves that it would cripple one of their top franchises to do it? Hell, Sony, why stop there? Why not make it DOWNLOAD ONLY and force people to buy PSP Go's? Those sure as hell need something to move them off the shelves before they collect too much dust..

2. I suppose I knew it was a PSP only title considering that My first thoughts were "Is this coming out on the PS2?!" Graphically, this game looks like it should have come out 4 years ago. Thats when i knew this was probably going to be herded towards PSPs because there is no way they'd have made a Kingdom Hearts on the PS3 that looked like the very Opposite of "High Definition". It would have been a criminal waste of a Blu Ray disc.

Well, so much for that.. Guess i'll wait to watch the cut scenes on Youtube.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
HyenaThePirate said:

1. Releasing it on the PSP? Is sony THAT desperate to move PSP systems off shelves that it would cripple one of their top franchises to do it? Hell, Sony, why stop there? Why not make it DOWNLOAD ONLY and force people to buy PSP Go's? Those sure as hell need something to move them off the shelves before they collect too much dust..

2. I suppose I knew it was a PSP only title considering that My first thoughts were "Is this coming out on the PS2?!" Graphically, this game looks like it should have come out 4 years ago. Thats when i knew this was probably going to be herded towards PSPs because there is no way they'd have made a Kingdom Hearts on the PS3 that looked like the very Opposite of "High Definition". It would have been a criminal waste of a Blu Ray disc.

Oh quit your trolling, and stop complaining about exclusives. If you want to play it buy the damn system or shut up and don't complain. It's comments like these that just show how petty some people are. Is it such a crime for a company to decide to release it on the PSP huh? You do realize the PSP is not "dead" do you?

This is in no way "crippling" the franchise, hell I hardly heard anyone complain about 358/2 being on the DS. And put your Sony thrashing away, this is more Square Enix's decision than it is Sony's jesus. Seriously, buy the system or be quiet, complaining about exclusives is just childish and pointless. But from what you've said I guess it's a crime for *insert system one doesn't like* to get good game or something.

I know there have been others on this thread that have also complained about it being exclusive, but yours is just the straw that broke the camels back for me. I really tire of these general complaints people have when things like this come up.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Ugh. You know, I used to like Kingdom Hearts. But why can't it be over? What was wrong with that last ending?

For the love all that is gaming, it's just like when all those Final Fantasy VII spin-offs came out... those didn't do too well. You'd think Square Enix would learn.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Sheo_Dagana said:
Ugh. You know, I used to like Kingdom Hearts. But why can't it be over? What was wrong with that last ending?

For the love all that is gaming, it's just like when all those Final Fantasy VII spin-offs came out... those didn't do too well. You'd think Square Enix would learn.
Yeah, but the KH spin offs sell really well, and they're actually good games unlike the trash that the FF VII spin offs were.

I don't own a PSP, so I probably won't get to play it, I'll just do what someone else said and watch the cut scenes on YouTube, when it's in English.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Don't even try to make sense of Kingdom heart's plot. It will just make the brain hurt. I just focus on the simple; Team up with 'Insert Disney character here', Go hit stuff, formula.

Fun times.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
"Do you think this is how Japanese people feel when they watch English-dubbed anime? Could be."

Nah, I think you're just narrowminded.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
I don't understand, educate Dr. wonderful on some of your conditions.

You guys are basically saying that you won't get a PSP...even though it been what? four to five years since it came out? You could grab one without a fusss. Hell just to save money get a used one at gamestop for 154-180 dollars maybe even cheaper.

Then you thinking 'Oh I only get it for one game, that seem stupid.' I'll agree on that premise...only if you think that there are more then game on that damn handheld. Sure, it had a bumpy start but over years they developed a good number of sleeper hits.

Pata pata pon 1 & 2
Monster Hunter Freedom 1 & 2
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Locoroco 1 & 2
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Sphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (Oh hell yes on the Syphon Filter series)
Monster Hunter Freedom 1 & 2 (Some people find these a little stupid, I'll play the hell out of them. Your miles may vary on them)
Crush (Pretty good, Insane plot)
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (Trust me, if you don't even like my list just get this one for the lulz)

I gave you a price for the Psp and the games that people hardly pay attention to but are pretty good.

Now the Psp problem had beem disabled (or worsen, again your miles may vary on my first post so far) Then we have people who are confused by the plot.

Let me explain:

If you have basic knowledge Of KH AND KH2 then you is set. You don't even need the DS game, (it only had three scene that are super important, one of them centers on Xigbar meeting Xion as Ventus, the roxas look-alike)

All you have to do is play it, and enjoy it. Besides we get more information on heartless and nobodies...I want to finally understand what the hell are they.

Well that end my first post.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
-Seraph- said:
HyenaThePirate said:

Oh quit your trolling, and stop complaining about exclusives. If you want to play it buy the damn system or shut up and don't complain. It's comments like these that just show how petty some people are. Is it such a crime for a company to decide to release it on the PSP huh? You do realize the PSP is not "dead" do you?

This is in no way "crippling" the franchise, hell I hardly heard anyone complain about 358/2 being on the DS. And put your Sony thrashing away, this is more Square Enix's decision than it is Sony's jesus. Seriously, buy the system or be quiet, complaining about exclusives is just childish and pointless. But from what you've said I guess it's a crime for *insert system one doesn't like* to get good game or something.

I know there have been others on this thread that have also complained about it being exclusive, but yours is just the straw that broke the camels back for me. I really tire of these general complaints people have when things like this come up.
Oh nooooooes.. I made the critical error of having an OPINION on the internet!
My bad!
I'm sorry you had to endure a number of fans complaining about the same issue... obviously that means that there's something wrong with US and not the decision itself, but since we are so obviously few, Square won't miss our dollars when we decide to pass on this game right?

Thing is, I do want to play it but like many OTHER people who "want to play it", I wanted to play it ON MY CONSOLE.. you know, my shiny PS3 that has SHIT for Rpgs and really, REALLY has a long way to go still to justifying the enormous cost I shelled out on it, since it's a LAUNCH system.

Look, I could be a slight more forgiving if Kingdom Hearts Started OUT as a handheld title.. but quite frankly it DIDN'T. Say, what if Final Fantasy XIII came out on the PSP instead of the PS3.. do you think people would be justified in being a tad bit out of sorts?

Thing is, while the PSP isn't a BAD little console, it's just not for ME, and the MAIN point of my post was that I, PERSONALLY, am unhappy with this decision as it means that a game I very much waited and wanted to play will NOT be coming to a console near me. Instead, I'm expected to shell out my hard earned cash to buy a portable version of a game on a system I rarely use for no real discernable reason.

So seriously, explain to me Square's reasoning behind this move... how is it even viable from a business sense? Essentially, this is more "rolling the dice" for Sony, because quite frankly, I don't think Square would make such a bone-headed decision to release one of their most popular franchises on one of the most mediocre systems. It all comes down to gambling on their part.. they are BETTING that the game's popularity will be enough to start moving PSPs which arent exactly flying off shelves.

But you are right about one thing... I do NOT have to buy it. And neither do many other lovers of the series.

So sure, go right ahead Square and Sony, cut out a large portion of your fan base... but don't come crying when the sales are abysmal because their little gamble came up snake eyes.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
I don't understand, educate Dr. wonderful on some of your conditions.

You guys are basically saying that you won't get a PSP...even though it been what? four to five years since it came out? You could grab one without a fusss. Hell just to save money get a used one at gamestop for 154-180 dollars maybe even cheaper.

Then you thinking 'Oh I only get it for one game, that seem stupid.' I'll agree on that premise...only if you think that there are more then game on that damn handheld. Sure, it had a bumpy start but over years they developed a good number of sleeper hits.

Pata pata pon 1 & 2
Monster Hunter Freedom 1 & 2
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Locoroco 1 & 2
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Sphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Syphon Filter: Combat Ops (Oh hell yes on the Syphon Filter series)
Monster Hunter Freedom 1 & 2 (Some people find these a little stupid, I'll play the hell out of them. Your miles may vary on them)
Crush (Pretty good, Insane plot)
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (Trust me, if you don't even like my list just get this one for the lulz)

I gave you a price for the Psp and the games that people hardly pay attention to but are pretty good.

Now the Psp problem had beem disabled (or worsen, again your miles may vary on my first post so far) Then we have people who are confused by the plot.

Let me explain:

If you have basic knowledge Of KH AND KH2 then you is set. You don't even need the DS game, (it only had three scene that are super important, one of them centers on Xigbar meeting Xion as Ventus, the roxas look-alike)

All you have to do is play it, and enjoy it. Besides we get more information on heartless and nobodies...I want to finally understand what the hell are they.

Well that end my first post.
First, welcome to the Escapist Dr. Wonderful

Second, Sure the PSP price is not all that much.. unless you don't have a great deal of disposable income. $100 isnt necessarily what some people would call cheap. But you could argue that it's cheap enough, so I'll concede that to you.

But then you have to examine the system itself. The PSP is NOT many gamers console of choice for action/rpg's of this nature. Even the DS versions of the game were a little bit difficult to enjoy because of the control scheme. Add to that the fact that quite frankly, I feel rather odd sitting at home playing my PSP handheld device while my PS3 hums quietly in the background collecting DUST, squinting at the little screen when I could be playing it on my high def 1080p widescreen. Which would YOU prefer?

PSPs, like DS are essentially portable systems whose main market is the "gamer on the go".. and "children", which usually are the only people who spend great amounts of time sitting around and going places against their will. The rest of us may not travel around enough to need a portable gaming system.. as an adult, 90% of my travel time is spent with ME doing the driving to and from a destination and when I do go out, I go out to do things in which a PSP isn't exactly something I'd want to be lugging around in my pocket.

How do I "play and enjoy" something on a console that i neither "play on" or "enjoy"? I would enjoy it MUCH more playing it on my television with my PS3. But to each his own I suppose.

As for the lineup of games you mentioned are "good for the psp", sure Those might be fun titles for you, but thats like me listing all the great games for the xbox 360 and then calling Playstation owners fools for not shelling out additional money to by an xbox as well when they already have a great system to play games on.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
the more disney characters they put in there the more i want to jump in there and tell them whats going on

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
and somethig else if stitch is in there that means that there is an earth in thier reality

blank0000

Oct 3, 2007
Was very skeptical of the game. But this trailer shows a lot of good things. Better/ more disney based fights, the combat looks rather sick, an attempt to actually add some back-story to the main KH games and HEY a hint at KH3! WHAT A CRAZZZZZZZY CONCEPT!

HOWEVER...
I am really bummed that its on PSP. I can understand being wary of putting the Cell-shaded style up against some of the bigger games on the market, but its still a crying shame, considering how much the creators work bleeds through in some of the footage. oh well, se la vi. Perhaps a download some day or something of that nature.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Oh God I cringed and laughed at Mickeys voice, it's horrible! After the suckage that was 358/2 days I surely hope Birth by Sleep is good. I have to play and write a review on this game so I'm staying hopeful that this game won't suck.