Sep 14, 2009
finnugold said:
gmaverick019 said:
finnugold said:
gmaverick019 said:
finnugold said:
Father Time said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Woman have all the same legal rights as men do in the U.S. so kindly cut that bullshit.
When it it actually becomes true, I'll be glad to. Until then, kindly cut that specious, FALSE "reasoning."
Name one right men have that women do not in the US.
Serving in the front lines of the army?

And it's not just about rights, women are grossly underrepresented in the government. Only 17% of congress members are women, how many US citizens are women?
that last one has nothing to do with sexism, find me a woman that has views that match up with my own and i will vote the shit out of her (not saying any male candidates are any better) but still, like hell am i voting for palin or clinton in the future, I don't get how that is males fault....

but then again that seems to happen alot when you have a dick, it all comes down to us being not mature and can't think at a high enough level to understand.
It doesn't have much to do with sexism of the voters, but it's an issue because men (in the government) have more power on laws that affect only or mostly women (abortion, rape laws)than women do.

Edit: Yes, abortion "affects" the woman's family, too, but the only direct effect is on her.
by your logic, having a woman dominated senate/house would then put more power into females for their supposed "laws", which would still be sexist. which is utter bullshit in the first place, from both perspectives, you should be able to elect someone who can make the best decisions for both, you don't need an equal amount of women or men in every category.

but then again, i guess your just looking for the female side of it, instead of looking at it from both angles to make a truly "unisex/human" decision.
What the HELL? When did I say anything about a women-dominated senate/house? All I said is that it's unfair to have a HUGE male influence on women's issues. I only made a statement, first of all, not solutions. And if I did have any solutions to offer, it would be that we need to educate voters more on issues like abortion, rape, and women in the army. How is that anti-male?

You took a grand total of five sentences about unequal representation and turned it into "I want a matriarchy". No. Ideally there would be a 50/50 split just like there is in the population.
you didn't directly say it, but i was saying "by your logic" since you stated that because we elect primarily men, that women issues become a non issue simply by the fact that they are male. that is sexist and is making broad assumptions. and when did i say it was a solution?

and that isn't anti male, educating voters is for the best in everyone's case, but that still doesn't mean you are being unisexally driven, instead your trying to deafen everything but your issues as those are the only issues that matter, and even then it affects everyone, not just women.

ideally? name one job where there is a 50/50 split in anything, even then, THE CONSENSUS OF YOUR SEX SHOULD NOT MEAN A DAMN THING, just because women are/aren't interested in a certain field, doesn't mean you need to jump to broad assumptions about it saying women are over/under valued in it (same goes for men in that case)

moondude

Apr 15, 2011
bullet_sandw1ch said:
im a guy, and im sure female rape victims have a right to be paranoid and scared, but id b pretty ok about being raped by a woman. i think its not rape if you enjoy it.
I'm having trouble finding the article but there was a case in which a rapist used as his defense that the women orgasmed during the rape. Therefore making it not a rape case but just anonymous sex. Women get turned on by things touching their privates too but the bottom line is rape is unwanted sex.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
AnarchistFish said:
Saying that, women do still experience discrimination in other fields so I'd say it about evens out.
That's more or less the idea, surely, that in lieu of removing inequality, people try to balance it instead.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
thaluikhain said:
AnarchistFish said:
Saying that, women do still experience discrimination in other fields so I'd say it about evens out.
That's more or less the idea, surely, that in lieu of removing inequality, people try to balance it instead.
I don't think it's intentional and I don't think it's ideal either. True equality would be the best thing but I don't like people saying that society discriminates against one much more than the other.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
AnarchistFish said:
I don't think it's intentional and I don't think it's ideal either. True equality would be the best thing but I don't like people saying that society discriminates against one much more than the other.
Well, it's far from ideal, yes, but then that's the world, isn't it?

moondude said:
bullet_sandw1ch said:
im a guy, and im sure female rape victims have a right to be paranoid and scared, but id b pretty ok about being raped by a woman. i think its not rape if you enjoy it.
I'm having trouble finding the article but there was a case in which a rapist used as his defense that the women orgasmed during the rape. Therefore making it not a rape case but just anonymous sex. Women get turned on by things touching their privates too but the bottom line is rape is unwanted sex.
That sort of thing happens all the time, gets people off of convictions occasionally. But, it's just a physical response...IIRC, similarly men sometimes get an erection or even ejaculate while being executed by hanging,.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Togs said:
Shycte said:
It might be, and that is an issue. It has become somewhat okay to joke about discriminating men and in some cases, even straight out dicriminate them. I guess that comes from men being so dominant for the last... I don't know 4000 years? Hopefully, it will go away with time.
That's all my side of the debate wants- true equality.

And we don't understand why we should pay the price for the transgressions of others.
Well, I want true equality too, and no. We shouldn't pay for the sins of the past, but make no mistake. There are many sins this very day.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
thaluikhain said:
AnarchistFish said:
Is it? Why should we accept it as if things can't be improved?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
AnarchistFish said:
thaluikhain said:
AnarchistFish said:
Is it? Why should we accept it as if things can't be improved?
If I was being cynical, I'd say it's because it doesn't look like they can be improved any time soon.

If I was being more optimistic, I'd say things can be improved, but not immediately, and so stopgap measures are appropriate for the time being, with the knowledge that they are to be discarded when they are no longer needed.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
GabbleDabble said:
This is ridiculious. Women are still oppressed and men are still the oppresors.
sexism at it's finest. Men seem to get a bad rep because honestly, it's broadcasted everywhere when a guy does something wrong but when a woman does something wrong, it's like everyone works to cover it up.

Mid-Boss

Jun 16, 2011
ZeroMachine said:
You ever try and balance a pencil on your finger?

Go get a pencil, but put it on your finger really lopsided (but don't let it fall).

Then try to adjust it to balance it out.

What happens? The pencil ends up leaning the other way, doesn't it? It's now unbalanced, but in the opposite direction.

And when you try and put it back, the same will happen.

After some deliberation, you'll finally have it balanced on your finger... but it'll always wobble to and fro.

Think of sexism like that. Women started on the harsh end of things. Right now, though we don't have it nearly as bad as they did, men have it kinda bad. Some people might call it "reverse sexism" even though that makes no fucking sense and they should be slapped. Soon enough, though, it'll balance out, but that inequality will always be there, even if it isn't obvious or huge. The scales will always wobble. We just need to learn to deal with it when it comes.
I hate it when people say it "reverse racism" when a minority hates on a white person. It's not "reverse" racism. This implies racism is only something white people do and when a minority partakes of it it should get a special title of some sort.

It's racism. Just plain, old, ugly, racism. No matter who is doing it.

BaronOfStuff

Sep 12, 2011
Drunk posting, go!

Sexism in general is just wrong, but sadly it is more likely to be overlooked or brushed under the carpet when it's against men. Why is this? I genuinely have no idea, probably political correctness or some shit backed up by the 'fight for womens rights' argument, probably designed to lay a huge fucking guilt trip on men when they complain ("We went through all this shit, now it's your turn to be abused because you have to be nice to us these days"). Although then there's also the whole 'take it like a man' bullshit too which makes it difficult in this society for a man to shout "SEXISM!" without looking like some sort of alien gimp. We, as men, are just expected to take abuse from women and do nothing about it "because we're stronger than them".

"Women's Rights" is also a load of horseshit; is the concept of "Equal Rights" too balanced for Feminazis to understand? Fucking scrags.

Phoenix_XIII said:
But still, men are subjected to stereotypes just as often as women.

Proof:

Duke Nukem. Sure, he's pretty much a satire on male action heroes, but he is the LIVING EMBODIMENT of male stereotypes. And he picks up shit literally out of a toilet and throws it around a room. Why was DNF made again?

Anyways, stereotypes blah blah blah and yeah. Stereotypes.
1.) He's a fictional character; not really anything 'living' about him. Yes, I'm just being picky.
2.) To be fair, he does complain each and every time you make him do this.

MintsMan

Mar 28, 2010
One thing I want to know is whilst there is no such thing as a "woman's job" (Nurse, Flight assistant, Cleaner, etc) men are still expected to hold doors open for women, do most - if not all - handiwork and give up seats on the bus. So often today, the mother will remain home as the father goes out and works. Some feminists would see that as stereotype, yet often it's the mothers choice.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
MintsMan said:
One thing I want to know is whilst there is no such thing as a "woman's job" (Nurse, Flight assistant, Cleaner, etc) men are still expected to hold doors open for women, do most - if not all - handiwork and give up seats on the bus. So often today, the mother will remain home as the father goes out and works. Some feminists would see that as stereotype, yet often it's the mothers choice.
Where do you live? That's not expected of the men where I live.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
GabbleDabble said:
This is ridiculious. Women are still oppressed and men are still the oppresors.

Of course they are. This doesnt mean anything. At all. Definately not the fact this was given the go ahead on national TV and the perp is still 100% not ostracised/blamed/crucified like a man would be.

MintsMan

Mar 28, 2010
FernandoV said:
MintsMan said:
Umm... It's called chivalry. The thing school has been teaching me since I was old enough to reach a door handle (MY school at least) was that the polite thing to do was hold it open and allow women to go through first. On the bus, it's the same as getting up for an old or sick person. As for the rest, that's just cliche's and stereotypes from movies. In my family, both my father and mother worked.
(P.S. I live in Aus)

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
MintsMan said:
FernandoV said:
MintsMan said:
Umm... It's called chivalry. The thing school has been teaching me since I was old enough to reach a door handle (MY school at least) was that the polite thing to do was hold it open and allow women to go through first. On the bus, it's the same as getting up for an old or sick person. As for the rest, that's just cliche's and stereotypes from movies. In my family, both my father and mother worked.
(P.S. I live in Aus)
Yea, I'm aware of what it's called; my point is that you shouldn't generalize popular attitudes based on your experience. I wouldn't even give up my seat for a person with a cane let alone a healthy woman.

MintsMan

Mar 28, 2010
FernandoV said:
MintsMan said:
FernandoV said:
MintsMan said:
(P.S. I live in Aus)
Yea, I'm aware of what it's called; my point is that you shouldn't generalize popular attitudes based on your experience. I wouldn't even give up my seat for a person with a cane let alone a healthy woman.
You're aware of what it's called... but do you know what it MEANS? It's the age old code, dating back over a thousand years. Also, I think you've given us quite an insight on the kind of person you are... Again, in our buses, it has SIGNS reminding us to get up for an elderly person, because it's the NICE THING TO DO. If you struggled walking (be it age or injury) surely you would appreciate someone giving up their seat so you don't have to worry about your walking prowess as well as being on a moving vehicle.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
MintsMan said:
FernandoV said:
MintsMan said:
FernandoV said:
MintsMan said:
(P.S. I live in Aus)
You're aware of what it's called... but do you know what it MEANS? It's the age old code, dating back over a thousand years. Also, I think you've given us quite an insight on the kind of person you are... Again, in our buses, it has SIGNS reminding us to get up for an elderly person, because it's the NICE THING TO DO. If you struggled walking (be it age or injury) surely you would appreciate someone giving up their seat so you don't have to worry about your walking prowess as well as being on a moving vehicle.
My point is that while you may experience chivalry in your community, mine does not. Do you understand? Just because you are expected to act a certain way doesn't mean the rest of the world acts in that manner.

MintsMan

Mar 28, 2010
FernandoV said:
MintsMan said:
FernandoV said:
MintsMan said:
FernandoV said:
MintsMan said:
(P.S. I live in Aus)
My point is that while you may experience chivalry in your community, mine does not. Do you understand? Just because you are expected to act a certain way doesn't mean the rest of the world acts in that manner.
I don't recall saying the rest of the world acts the same way. Of course it doesn't. It would be stupid of me to think so. Nor do I remember any specification on whether this was strictly global, or that I was forbidden to give others an insight of my community. Some places have racism, some have sexism, some have EXTRAODINARILY large crime rates, but all are different. Taking the best of all of them would create a utopia, but that'll never happen.