Sexual harassment and rape allegations rapidly being fired off against various streamers

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Well, buckle up boys and girls, looks like we're talking about this now. *sigh*

Among the people being accused is Angry Joe even. Surprised no one posted about this already.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I’ll wait and see what happens. Because some of this is just people mouthing off on Twitter without much factual basis yet. The only clarification I have (since I only know half these casters). Kaitlyn_n age. Is she’s 23 or more like 27? Because I’m probably going to more angry about the former.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
At this point I am all but completely numb to these sexual assault/harrassment allegations, I'm only just irritated by them. They keep getting thrown constantly at every last male on the planet who has even an ounce of fame, there's never any proof whatsoever, it devolves quickly than a he-said-she-said, it goes on and on for months, and conviction or not everybody and his mother instantly believes the accused is guilty and even if they get out of it their lives are effectively destroyed because the media loves to sensationalize it all.

As a man if anything it terrifies me, because especially if I ever became significant in any way apropos of nothing I could be accused of sexual misconduct from possibly even women I have never met without the accuser having so much as a shred of proof, everybody on the planet will instantly believe it is true for no reason, and my life could be utterly obliterated in the span of 5 seconds. All because of accusation that no one beyond the court, the accused, and the accuser should even be aware of much less the media and the public at large.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Interesting. I'm actually surprised Destiny isn't on there. Not because I think he raped anyone, actually if anything I think its the opposite, but because if there is shit that comes out against someone I expect someone to include him since hes been witch hunted by both sides.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wait and see for me too. I highly doubt Angry Joe did anything. He is a dumb asshole that acts like he knows everything, and can't take critcism, but something is definitely not right.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
As a man if anything it terrifies me, because especially if I ever became significant in any way apropos of nothing I could be accused of sexual misconduct from possibly even women I have never met without the accuser having so much as a shred of proof, everybody on the planet will instantly believe it is true for no reason, and my life could be utterly obliterated in the span of 5 seconds.
Meanwhile, in the real world, many women have accused Trump of sexual assault and he's the PotUS. Come election time, (unless one of them dies in the meantime), he'll be up against another man accused of sexual assault. People were calling out Cosby, Saville and Weinstein for years without any effect, the majority of actual rapists get away with it. Hell, Polanski went on to have a long career (and worked with lots of people that called for something to be done about sexual assault) despite never even denying raping a kid.

Now, false allegations can ruin lives, but the accuser generally has to be of a higher social status than the accused. If you're a working class black guy and a middle class Karen wants to hurt you, she can.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I'm listening to The Giant Bombcast and I'm kinda pissed off with how they're saying a lot of nothing on this. They're a news outlet put they barely go into any detail on this, just kinda assuming everyone already knows everything about it and so they only need to give their opinion on it. I don't know, it just feels like a lot of hand wringing when they should be talking about the details.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I'm listening to The Giant Bombcast and I'm kinda pissed off with how they're saying a lot of nothing on this. They're a news outlet put they barely go into any detail on this, just kinda assuming everyone already knows everything about it and so they only need to give their opinion on it. I don't know, it just feels like a lot of hand wringing when they should be talking about the details.
If they're smart, they're going to wait a couple of weeks for certain 'details' to be weeded out and actual complaint taken seriously

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
I take the position that the allegations are neither proven nor disproven until solid evidence comes one way or another. So far it's mostly only allegations without evidence. Even then I with evidence I only say I'd lean to one side or the other I wouldn't say it's conclusive as it should be the job of the court to decide guilt or innocence truly.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
their lives are effectively destroyed because the media loves to sensationalize it all.
This is always taken as an article of faith among male pearl clutchers, but it doesn't really pan out that way in reality. I mean, there's a fucking rapist in the Oval Office, 2 in the Supreme Court, however many dozens in executive board rooms and corner offices, Roman Polanski is still walking free, Woody Allen is still making movies...

As a man if anything it terrifies me, because especially if I ever became significant in any way apropos of nothing I could be accused of sexual misconduct from possibly even women I have never met without the accuser having so much as a shred of proof, everybody on the planet will instantly believe it is true for no reason, and my life could be utterly obliterated in the span of 5 seconds. All because of accusation that no one beyond the court, the accused, and the accuser should even be aware of much less the media and the public at large.
And therefor no woman should accuse any man of anything ever. Remember ladies, your powers of persuasion are so great that just by glancing askance at a man you can curse him with 7 years of bad luck and genital sores.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
On the proof angle, this video surfaced the other day of a comedy gatekeeper (Joey Diaz, who I'd never heard of) openly admitting (well, boasting) that he'd made female comedians give him a blowjob before he'd give them a slot on stage. Did it to about 20 women. That's sexual coercion, minimum.

What sort of proof are these women supposed to offer? Film the act and jettison their careers at the same time? We know he did it, he's happy to share that information, but there's no proof.

If, as a man, you're worried about having your life fucked over because of the move towards believing victims (lol, we don't), these are the people you want to take it up with.

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/22/chelsea-peretti-joey-diaz-oral-sex-12884360

The 57-year-old said during UFC commentator Joe Rogan’s podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience: ‘You think I’m f***ing kidding you? ‘F*** yeah, you gotta suck my d*** to get up in The Belly Room. I’m making a call for you. That’s the f***ing gateway for coming into Hollywood, everybody knows that.’

Joey went on: ‘I had this little blonde open mic chick … and just take me up to The Belly Room and suck my d*** and then go do her set, she was tremendous. ‘She finally freaked out. When she got to Hollywood bro, she was beautiful. But when she left, she had dirty f***ing, her nails were dirty. And then she wrote me a letter to The Comedy Store. “You c***sucker you broke me.”‘

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
The only person I have even heard of here is Angry Joe. Reading the accuser's side, I have to say, a lot of the first part sounds like a bad fanfiction. Towards the end tho it does seem she has some evidence that could be easily proven or disproved.

Not sure what to think. I haven't been a fan of Angry Joe for a long time, but he never seemed like that kind of guy. But who ever does? Every single celebrity sexual predator/harasser/rapist/etc out there that has been confirmed never seemed like that kind of person either. These days I tend to take the accuser's side, because historically the accused come out on top anyway. As they say, wouldn't you rather defend a liar than a rapist?

In my country now Twitter is aflame with people calling out sexual predators from their high schools (most often teachers sadly). The sheer volume of them makes it very hard to doubt. That is what I feel will happen here, if others come out that they have been harassed by Joe before, then that's basically an indictment. It fucking sucks for women who have been the only victim, but unfortunately we live in a world with people like Amber Heard.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This is always taken as an article of faith among male pearl clutchers, but it doesn't really pan out that way in reality. I mean, there's a fucking rapist in the Oval Office, 2 in the Supreme Court, however many dozens in executive board rooms and corner offices, Roman Polanski is still walking free, Woody Allen is still making movies...
Alec Holowka took his on life. After being merely accused the group of developers he was working with abandoned him and he was being disowned by most of the indie community despite being a fairly well known name there for years

He's not the only one who has because they couldn't bare anyone thinking that of them.

Hell there have been MPs in the UK be removed from their seat over false allegations and a football player basically abandoned by every club (though that was a conviction that was later overturned on appeal due to new evidence)

And therefor no woman should accuse any man of anything ever. Remember ladies, your powers of persuasion are so great that just by glancing askance at a man you can curse him with 7 years of bad luck and genital sores.
Accusations should go through the proper channels. The Police and or courts. Private prosecutions are a thing also for a reason.

We use courts and the rule of law because for many years we saw how badly the rule of the mob went. Do people need reminding of the time of people being lynched over accusations of being improper with some-one?

The only person I have even heard of here is Angry Joe. Reading the accuser's side, I have to say, a lot of the first part sounds like a bad fanfiction. Towards the end tho it does seem she has some evidence that could be easily proven or disproved.

Not sure what to think. I haven't been a fan of Angry Joe for a long time, but he never seemed like that kind of guy. But who ever does? Every single celebrity sexual predator/harasser/rapist/etc out there that has been confirmed never seemed like that kind of person either. These days I tend to take the accuser's side, because historically the accused come out on top anyway. As they say, wouldn't you rather defend a liar than a rapist?

In my country now Twitter is aflame with people calling out sexual predators from their high schools (most often teachers sadly). The sheer volume of them makes it very hard to doubt. That is what I feel will happen here, if others come out that they have been harassed by Joe before, then that's basically an indictment. It fucking sucks for women who have been the only victim, but unfortunately we live in a world with people like Amber Heard.
Well Cryaotic has been on the Co-optional podcast a few times.

It's Me JP did Starcraft stuff then he went on to doRollPlay his tabletop gaming show thing.

Nick Robinson (accused since this list) is the ex Polygon Video Editor.

Pro-Syndicate I've heard of before.

Sjin was one of Yogscast for a while and I'd heard of him.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You know what all those people have in common? They're all rich. They have money to hire lawyers and PR firms to help them through that. In addition they're somewhat protected against the "mob" because they don't rely on "the mob" to earn their living.

Indie developers and streamers don't have any of that, which makes them very susceptible to being #Canceled. They rely on their fanbase and the social media ocean to earn their living. If that tide ever turns against them, they're sunk.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
These days I tend to take the accuser's side, because historically the accused come out on top anyway. As they say, wouldn't you rather defend a liar than a rapist?
Same. The cops don't do shit about it, the courts almost always decide that date rape is a playful indiscretion of youth and there are rapists in high public office, so fuck the official channels, Imma side with the accuser.

Jimmy Savile 100% seemed like the type.
If you asked me to draw a picture of what I think a sexual predator looks like, it would probably look like Martin Shkreli.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You know what all those people have in common? They're all rich. They have money to hire lawyers and PR firms to help them through that. In addition they're somewhat protected against the "mob" because they don't rely on "the mob" to earn their living.

Indie developers and streamers don't have any of that, which makes them very susceptible to being #Canceled. They rely on their fanbase and the social media ocean to earn their living. If that tide ever turns against them, they're sunk.
It doesn't help when you have Anti-SJWs trying to cancel people for years and no one batted an eye. Soon as the Left takes up the idea, apparently its a crime of the highest order

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It doesn't help when you have Anti-SJWs trying to cancel people for years and no one batted an eye. Soon as the Left takes up the idea, apparently its a crime of the highest order
I don't doubt you, but do you have any examples of this?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
As a guy who has been sexually assaulted by 2 women over the course of my life, once as a minor, and as a guy who had a drunken girl "jokingly" accuse him of raping her (which I did not do, quite the opposite), despite her specifically asking me to "keep an eye on her 'cause she acts stupid when she's drunk" I don't find the casual disregard for due process very amusing. Yes, statistically, the number of false accusations might be low, and I don't think anyone should feel it's pointless to file a complaint against a potential predator, but I also don't think that people should just automatically believe someone because they said something, especially when that statement has such massive ramifications.

The idea that we should just ignore due process because the percentage of false accusations is small, seems terrifying to me. I sure wouldn't want that for anyone accused of murder. Where we just say "hey, well someone said he did it, so we'll just all act like he did, without any evidence to back it up." And while I'm quite certain, given the corruption of our legal system, that this very thing does happen, nobody considers it a GOOD IDEA. It's always framed as a Very Bad Thing, that people get punished for crimes simply based on accusations. So I fail to see it being a good idea regarding sexual assault as well, or any crime.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA

Precisely. Though even for them even if those rich people manage to be found innocent and their accuser outright admits it's all B.S. that person is going to spend the rest of their lives having to deal with anyone who has ever so much as heard about it treating them like they are the scum of the earth and denying them opportunities they would have had otherwise, even if these people aren't consciously aware of it. Those that don't have money but have accusations against them turned into a media circus end up far far worse off because most of them lose everything in the process of having to fight the accusations.

The thing is these are accusations, NOT convictions and people seem not to or more likely willingly ignore the fact that the former is NOT the latter. The problem is people fail to recognize that until a court of law has been provided with actual evidence and the accused convicted accusations mean precisely jack whether it's 1 or 10,000. Regardless, there is no reason whatsoever that these accusations should be public knowledge. That just makes things bad even for the innocent, gives motivation for people to accuse each other for the fame it gives, and creates bias in the jury and court in general. It doesn't do a thing to ensure justice is carried out.

A woman who has been harmed by a man should speak out against them and be heard... to and by the police and the courts only and only if they possess actual proof. Innocent men should have the right to be able to live their lives and NOT have to worry about having their lives ruined by any random woman who decides for one reason or another to decide to accuse them. If a man actually did do something fine, the courts will handle it, but lie or truth accusations should mean nothing until proven in a court of law and nothing else.

These days I tend to take the accuser's side, because historically the accused come out on top anyway.
Irrelevant. It doesn't matter who comes out on top historically, what matters is the truth. If the man harmed a woman and the latter can prove it in the court of law he goes to jail, is sued for everything he has, or whatever measures the court decides is best. If a woman accuses a man of harming her and he didn't, it should be disproved and then resolved through a defamation lawsuit. In either case the public like you or me shouldn't hear about it until it is over if ever, it is not any of our business and thus we shouldn't be involved. Saying "historically X" and acting upon it true or not is the basis for some of the most significant evils to have ever occurred on this planet.

As they say, wouldn't you rather defend a liar than a rapist?
I'd rather be objective and defend neither until actual proof is provided and the liar is convicted as a liar or the rapist is convicted as a rapist. Until then I will do what a sensible person would do and assume that the accused and the accuser are both innocent until proven guilty, no matter how many accusations are thrown. I would do that for anyone and I would expect anyone to do that for me if I ever was accused of anything.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren